• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TH3 BULLET

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Oregon
Looking to upgrade my stock glock 19 that I use for carry with a new pair of Meprolight night sights and a glockworkx zev tech fulcrum trigger bar. So I have two questions for the hide:

1. I have heard that having different color rear and front sights helps with acquiring sight picture. From what I can find, Meprolight is only offering them in a green/green, orange/green, yellow/green configurations. Just looking for opinions on which one everybody is taking a liking to.

2. I am seeking information from experience with or have heard about the glockworkx triggers in regards to their reliability. The primary purpose of this weapon is for concealment and I can't find any posts about the use of these triggers for anything other than competition. The reason why I am upgrading the trigger is.. well you know.. The factory trigger is just no fun and I would really like to upgrade without worry about reliability.

As always, if I overlooked a product that trumps either of these upgrades I am seeking, please let me know.

Thanks everyone for your time,
Josh

Re: Glock Upgrades

The Meprolights work well. You can also look into the Trijicon HD sights. They REALLY stand out with that front dot.

As far as the trigger bar, I have no experience, but I've heard decent things. Personally, I'd recommend going with the Glock factory "-" connector, which is the 4.5lb connector included with the G34 and G35 models. It's supposed to be an "LE Only" part individually, but Glockmeister sells them. It does wonders for the trigger pull, and it's an OE Glock part. I would not recommend going lighter than that for a carry trigger, but to each their own. I'm a department Armorer, and I've installed this part on many off-duty G27s. Everyone has been thrilled with it- zero complaints.
http://www.glockmeister.com/45-Pound-Stock-Connector/productinfo/G721/

I forgot to mention, the main reason why I wanted to purchase the glockworkx flucrum trigger was for the trigger itself. I don't care much for the serrations on the trigger face or the slant. Thanks for the link on the 4.5 lb trigger bar. I will definitely order one!

And I will definitely check into the Trijicon HD sights. Do they come in a variety of color configurations as well? If so, which ones are you running?

Thanks for the info USACS.
Josh

What generation?

I use the Warren Tactical 2 dot and it's worked well. The front post has a white outline with green dot and the rear has a smaller yellow dot. I also like the shape of the rear sight.

You can swap out the trigger bar to a G17 for a smooth faced trigger.

A "must have" IMO is the Tango Down/Vickers extended mag release. It's the perfect length.

I like Tru Dot sights, those things are just BRIGHT! Personally, I don't give a flip about differenet color front/rear sights.

Trigger...

Oh boy, can of worms. I could write a frickin' dissertation on Glock triggers, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible...

First off, you need to uderstand how the glock fire-control system works. Rearward trigger movement causes the trigger bar to move rearward. The rearward-most tip of the trigger bar is rounded, and will move rearward until it encounters the ramp on the connector. The ramp forces the trigger bar down, which in turn releases the striker.

The lower trigger weight connectors that I have tried, all work by changing the ramp angle on the connector. There is no other way to do it that I am aware of. The shallower ramp angle on the connector provides more mechanical advantage for the trigger, which makes its pull weight decrease. HOWEVER, the increased mechanical advantage also INCREASES the distance the trigger must travel to cause striker release. In short, MORE CREEP.

Now, the basic design of the Glock fire-control system dictates that it can't be creep free. However, the ramp angle Glock chose for the connector strikes the best balance between crisp trigger release and pull weight....at least in my opinion!

Every single aftermarket connector or trigger kit I've used has made the trigger release mushy. I would much prefer a heavier trigger that breaks clean that a mushy trigger that doesn't.

You CAN, however, still decrease your pull weight. You can do this any of the following, or a combination of the following:

1. An extra-power trigger return spring
2. A lower power striker spring
3. A lower power firing pin safety plunger spring
4. Glock "25 cent trigger job"

For a CCW piece, I recommend not messing with the firing pin safety plunger spring, but the striker spring and trigger spring would be OK as well as the trigger job. My Glock 30 has a nicely polished trigger bar/connector, the trigger spring and the firing pin safety spring, and it breaks at about 3.5lb, and is as crisp as a Glock can be - which is "fairly" crisp.

Good luck!

@ Johnson.
Weapon is a 3rd gen glock 19.

@ Turbo54
Thanks for the breakdown. I really appreciate the vast amount of knowledge that floats around the hide through shooters like yourself. I was going to ask you another question regarding my interest in purchasing a Surfire x300 for the Glock 19, but one quick search landed me more posts than I can read in a week!

Thanks everyone again for the information. I am going to hit the range today and put another 200 rounds through her to see if I can get her to malfunction for the first time (round count is just over 700)..

Shoot straight guys and thanks again,
Josh

I think the Meprolight sights are the brightest. They definitely have a larger diameter than Trijicon sights. I have a set on my 21 & 19 & they're excellent. They're cheaper than Trijicon sights too.

I'd look into getting an OEM Glock Competition trigger over an aftermarket trigger. The Glock Competition trigger has a 3.5lb break & it's nice & smooth. I put one on my 21 & I can put rounds through the same hole from 7 to 21 ft.

pfff! Never gonna happen! hahaha! If it does it's because the cartridge was at fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solo Silhouette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@ Johnson.
I am going to hit the range today and put another 200 rounds through her to see if I can get her to malfunction for the first time.</div></div>

+1 for Warren Tactical. They are my go to sights on my duty and carry guns. There are three dot or two dot options with yellow rear and green front.

G19 trigger bar
IMG_3258.jpg

G17 trigger bar
IMG_3260.jpg

Warren 2 Dot
IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

i have a glock worx billet trigger that is AWESOME. glock extended slide stop and mag release, 10-8 sights, and a stipple job and i'm good to go. i shoot it till it needs new springs and the barrel is a smooth bore and then swap those out. no reason to fix shit that ain't broke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solo Silhouette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to upgrade my stock glock 19 that I use for carry with a new pair of Meprolight night sights and a glockworkx zev tech fulcrum trigger bar. So I have two questions for the hide:

1. I have heard that having different color rear and front sights helps with acquiring sight picture. From what I can find, Meprolight is only offering them in a green/green, orange/green, yellow/green configurations. Just looking for opinions on which one everybody is taking a liking to.

2. I am seeking information from experience with or have heard about the glockworkx triggers in regards to their reliability. The primary purpose of this weapon is for concealment and I can't find any posts about the use of these triggers for anything other than competition. The reason why I am upgrading the trigger is.. well you know.. The factory trigger is just no fun and I would really like to upgrade without worry about reliability.

As always, if I overlooked a product that trumps either of these upgrades I am seeking, please let me know.

Thanks everyone for your time,
Josh </div></div>

Green is the brightest tritium. It is also said to stay brighter longer. I have 3 dot in all green on my Glock 23. You will have no problem picking up the rear vs front sight in all green.

For a Carry gun on a Glock I would just do a 25 cent trigger job (google it). That will get rid of the mushy feeling. The 3.5 lb connecter is a cheap and easy up grade. I use the 3.5 lb connector, and it works great. It will actualy take the factory pull from 5.5 lbs down to just over 4 lbs.

If you are Law Enforcement be careful about switching out the factory parts, as it is not recommended for most LE officers, due to law suits if something was to go wrong and reliability issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G19 trigger bar
IMG_3258.jpg

G17 trigger bar
IMG_3260.jpg

Warren 2 Dot
IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg
</div></div>

Johnson, what are you using for a camera and lens? Holy crap.

I have gen 1, 2, and 3 glock 17's, and gen 2 and 3 19's. For carry I do a polish job with a 3.5# connector from Ghost Inc. For comp I have the Glock Worx standard competition trigger, comp spring set, overtravel stop, 25 cent trigger job, and 2.5# connector. Thousands of rounds in IDPA and USPSA without a hickup. Glock 17 triggers are drop in for the 19, and as the post above show, smooth. I have TruGlo TFO's on my glock 19 that is one of my my daily carry pieces. Green front sight, yellow rear. I really like the contrast. On my 26 and my EXO 17 (shown below), I have Trijicon HD Night sights. here's a pic.
DSC02781.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

They are FAST. I chose yellow because I had problems with the orange. I can focus easily on the green and yellow, but orange seems to distract me. Just my preference. The TruGlow sights are big, with both a Tritium vial and fiber optic, which shortens the sight radius. Great for up close, but I have noticed that it affects my shots at longer distances. Hope it helps and good luck.

Thanks everyone for all the comments!

@johnson
Thank you for posting the pictures depicting the different triggers! I am going to purchase a g17 trigger and see how I end up liking that.

I am still up in the air about which sights to purchase. I am really leaning towards the Meprolight 3 dot night sights in all green. Does anyone have any pictures of these in the dark? Or other comparable sights with different color/dot configurations? And what does everyone think about 3 dot vs 2 dot configurations regarding precision?

The previous pictures of sight pictures are awesome!

Thanks everyone,
Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

IMG_1467.jpg
</div></div>

Why is this sight so far off??? </div></div>

yeah that looks way off???

For a glock trigger, I like the .25 cent trigger job, 3.5 connector and a G17 smooth trigger. For sights, I really like the Heine Straight 8 sights....they aint cheap, but I seem to shoot the best with them. By best I mean, fast acquisition on the target and accurate follow up shots. My EDC Glock 19 has all of those mods and the vickers extended mag release and the good ole glock OEM ext slide release.