• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Hellcat pro trigger upgrade?

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Looking for recommendations for a trigger upgrade for my hellcat pro.

Seems Apex is reccomended a lot but I was not impressed with the apex I tried in Glock and an fn509 in the past, so concerned that I won’t be impressed with the apex in the hellcat pro.

I have seen a little about the mcarbo and prp triggers but not as much as the apex.

And last, which I’m most interested in is the hyve monarch due to the pre/post travel adjustments and maybe the prp spring set.

What does the hide recommend?

My wife is currently using this trigger in her Hellcat Pro and likes it. She's mostly a 1911/2011 gal, but she has a P365 and the Hellcat Pro for carry. She much prefers the Hellcat with this new trigger.

IMG_0644.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi and Baron85
In my Micro... the MCARBO striker spring and stainless striker sleeve combo caused my gun to malfunction when firing +P ammo.

(Malfunction and stay out of service. Seems the extra mass of the striker sleeve caused it to "stay at rest" long enough to let the rear plate drop down and contact the rear of the slide, keeping the gun out off battery. (I guess it's really sort of thrown down from the motion of the slide and muzzle rise, not dropping down from gravity))

MCARBO's reply was "don't shoot +P ammo". :rolleyes: I didn't have any trouble with standard rounds. But besides the fact that I carry +P's, the idea that just a little more recoil would make the gun not work was unacceptable.

I bought an Apex trigger, really for no good reason what so ever. Honestly I think the improvement (feel and function) over the factory trigger is fairly minimal. The Apex springs do give a better pull than the factory spring, but not as light as the MCARBO.

I ended up keeping it setup with the Apex trigger, Apex springs and MCARBO striker sleeve. 700-800 trouble free rounds since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron85
Good to know on the mcarbo.

My biggest complaint is how gritty and long the break is on the hellcat pro. I have an earlier hellcat micro and actually like the trigger good enough but this new pro straight sucks.

If I can smooth and shorten up the break I would probably be ok with the heavier pull, lighter would be good but not at the sacrifice of reliability.

Yeah, the stock p365 triggers are pretty good but the Hellcats need aftermarket triggers to get decent.

I like the Apex in the standard Hellcat and Glock 43.
Used Gray Guns flat trigger in the Sig 365.
Pleasantly surprised at capability of Hellcat at 20 yard target groups with Romeo Zero optic.

IMG_6986 copy.jpg
Springfield Armory Hellcat  Apex Trigger QD Mount Romeo Zero Sight In 11.25.20IMG_6995 copy.jpg
Springfield Armory Hellcat  Apex Trigger QD Mount Romeo Zero Sight In 11.25.20IMG_6999 copy.jpg
Springfield Armory Hellcat  Apex Trigger QD Mount Romeo Zero Sight In 11.25.20IMG_7001 copy.jpg
Springfield Armory Hellcat  Apex Trigger QD Mount Romeo Zero Sight In 11.25.20IMG_7002 copy.jpg