• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks Work. Period. End of Story.

Are we to see another thread on spork’s next? They are cheap, functional throwaway trash.

In your generalization you overlook the Titanium tactical Spork, my friend:sneaky:
One could stab a chipmunk to death with that thing...

To stay on Op’s topic “Glocks work” I add - ...until I snapped my issued Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my state-issued G-23, it worked....
A policy change ensued to banning lights on G-23s. G-35s were not affected.
So, in my experience, yeah they work, except when they sometimes don’t. Like anything man made.

There exists the problem in speaking in absolutes. There is nearly always an example that disproves the claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTH1800
I wrote this up for a buddy who was caught up in typical gun forum debates over Glock and how Glock does not "innovate" and ... well, you know how it goes. FWIW...

Re. Glock and innovation...

Here's the deal...Glock has provided the world with the most combat-tested, combat-proven firearm ever invented, selling hundreds of millions of them. They are easy to use. Easy to maintain. Easy to shoot. A trained monkey can field strip them. An average IQ human can detail strip them. There are tens of thousands of after-market parts and gizmos for them. You can customize them to your heart's content.

But on the other hand, they perform reliably and consistently right out of the box, even with their stock crappy sights. They get the job done. They are intended to be and always have been combat-accurate handguns useful for CQB situations of every description. They are legendarily resistant to abusive environmental conditions and abusive human operators.
Glock does not need to "innovate" ... they just need to keep their quality control strong and keep churning out these marvelous polymer-framed wonder guns.

The Glock inspires endless online debates among mostly keyboard warriors who have never gone in harms way, never experienced the terror and thrill of the two-way range and have never heard, let alone fired, a single bullet fired in anger in their lives, and hopefully never will. Let these types debate, whine, cry and otherwise *****/moan/debate about Glock not "innovating" all they want. The rest of us will just smile and nod and say, "That's nice, honey."

Glocks work. Period. End of story.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VD1D1hLsQ

Most combat tested, most combat proven, seriously? I guess the 1911 was not used in two world wars, korea, vietnam, desert storm, Iraq 2.0, Afghanistan and all of Regans brush wars through central and south America. I guess being dishwahser safe and made of the same shit my wife uses to keep leftovers in the refigerator gives it the promenance to jump stragith to the top in any argument. Does not matter that it has not been in production and use for 119 years. Fan boyism is what it is. But the level of retard you spilled saying that a pistol that has been only been around since 1982 is more tested and proven than one that had been in four major wars, and countless others skirmishes before glock was even invented and is still in limited use today, is asinine at best. Get over yourself.

The only "technology" difference between a 1911 and a Glock is the plastic used. Possibly a new rifling in the barrel. But at the end of the day nearly ALL semi auto pistols, piston excluded, are derivatives of the 1911. Without the 1911 there is no Browning Hi Point Power and all the subsequent copies and variations. To call a 1911 "old tech" is just retarded. It may be old, but nothing ground breaking has been invented since. Bullet tech is the big game changer today vs. 100 years ago or even just 20 years ago. Manufacturing tolerances have also improved immensely which just makes modern 1911s that much better.

Last edited:
I’ll bite. I definitely will put myself as one who appreciates Glocks. My sidearm collection used to be a mix of various tupperware and solid steel. Through work (LE) I was forced to own and start carrying a Glock. Wasn’t super thrilled about that but I figured I might as well make the most of it. I wrung out that first one and what do you know, after a few k rounds and some new sights it really began to shine. I loved how easy it was to field strip, clean, and even detail strip without issue. I have now gone completely Glock for defensive sidearms. They all work the same, feel pretty much the same, and I trust them all.

My experiences haven’t all been positive - I had a 19g4 that I couldn’t for the life of me solve BTF issues, and three of my gen 4s have had horrific triggers out of the box that took a good bit of dry fire and in some cases polishing to make right.

I have also seen Coworkers have some pretty serious failures come qualification time. One who’s pins kept walking to the point of the gun malfunctioning. One who had a recoil spring with way too many years/rounds on it which continually malfunctioned. Granted, in that agency, our 4 quals per year were the only times many guys shot the things and most probably only cleaned once every few years... Any handguns put through that level of abuse will fail.

At the end of the day, I still love my Glocks. They are simple, effective, and dependable. IMO the perfect carry or duty handguns.

Reactions: perttime
D6FD9FBF-8086-4E16-9E43-4E8B5D85A3D7.jpeg

The reason many Law Enforcement departments use Glocks is really down to simply price & sometimes also lowest common denominator.

But hey if you have Glocks, love Glocks, feel passionate about Glocks... go for it by all means...

Let us not forget that most LEOs are NOT "gun guys". They need simplicity and function. I was forced to carry a G21 for the last part of my career after our PD got a deal on them and we transitioned from the S&W 4516 which i LOVED!!!!

I wish I loved Glocks like every one seems to. Yeah they work. But so does my HKs and i shoot them better and they look better IMO. I have one Glock and it’s a custom. It has a decent trigger but work had to be done on it. Stock—Glock triggers suck.

I hate Glocks. So much that I only own two and looking at a third.

For range day give me a 1911. The only reason I quit carrying a Glock full time was to cut weight.