• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gloves

Hoodlum

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2013
Tennessee
The weather is cold and I hate fingerless gloves... Anyone found a somewhat warm pair of gloves that still offer decent trigger feel? It seems that in most cases, warmth comes with bulk...
Hoodlum

I hate the name of these gloves, but Ninja Ice gloves work really well. I am out in the field, daily, and they are actually great gloves. They're cheap but they work well in cold weather.

The weather is cold and I hate fingerless gloves... Anyone found a somewhat warm pair of gloves that still offer decent trigger feel? It seems that in most cases, warmth comes with bulk...
Hoodlum

Define cold?

Define decent trigger feel?

Something like these TERMINATOR GLOVE - Black Diamond Ski Gear work very well at keeping the digits warm while allowing finger task. I have used these and others that are similar with good performance down to -25 or so in the alpine world of excitement. I also have 200wgt open weave fleece gloves that I dabbed SeamGrip dots and such on the fingers, thumb and palm for trekking, skiing and camp duty. For firearms, I currently run these Hatch short gun long all 4 seasons for all my shooting and training. More users wear gloves too large and sloppy that causes less dexterity.

More than gloves, hydrate,, stay hydrated, take 80mg aspirin or garlic pills to thin the blood. Exercise to keep the body working at its optimum and to recover. Eat high calorie long burning fat food in the AM and snack on quick burning calorie food during the day.

I like to use my winter mountain bike gloves when it is in the teens or above:

Firewall LT Glove | SUGOI Performance Apparel

also the Swix gloves are nice they cater to the Biathlon crown.

But when it really gets cold I would rather deal with the bulk than numb fingers any day. But the bulky gloves don't really bother me because I shoot a TRG.

i use tillman goatskin tig welding gloves, they are thin and give you a good feel.

Define cold?

Define decent trigger feel?

Something like these TERMINATOR GLOVE - Black Diamond Ski Gear work very well at keeping the digits warm while allowing finger task. I have used these and others that are similar with good performance down to -25 or so in the alpine world of excitement. I also have 200wgt open weave fleece gloves that I dabbed SeamGrip dots and such on the fingers, thumb and palm for trekking, skiing and camp duty. For firearms, I currently run these Hatch short gun long all 4 seasons for all my shooting and training. More users wear gloves too large and sloppy that causes less dexterity.

More than gloves, hydrate,, stay hydrated, take 80mg aspirin or garlic pills to thin the blood. Exercise to keep the body working at its optimum and to recover. Eat high calorie long burning fat food in the AM and snack on quick burning calorie food during the day.

Cold here is anywhere from mid teens to 35 deg f..... Trigger feel meaning, my trigger is set to 1.5 lb's and with some gloves, I have fired and never felt the trigger with my finger..... I may give those ninja ice gloves a try.... I have seen these for sale locally....
Hoodlum

I use under armour herlock gloves and keep them in a hand warmer pouch when I'm sitting in my stand. when I'm up walking around there is enough blood flow to keep my hands warm without the pouch.

Once you find a great pair that works, buy backups. Our Jack Russell hammered my favorite neoprene deer hunting/camo dress gloves - I wore them everywhere. I think Polar Tech made them for Browning, but I can't find them now.

Layers work well for me now - Under Armour lighter weight glove with fleece fingers less mittens over those. Works great but I find myself pulling the mittens off all the time.

USGI Nomex Flight Gloves are my favorite, great feel and dexterity, but plano Mechanix gloves work well too.

I just tried some Huntworth Stealth series. They were GTG in temps around 20*, & 10-15mph winds. Good trigger feel too.

I use mittens made of baby seal fur. When I need to shoot, I pop my trigger finger out the eye hole and let er rip.

This is the layer setup I use by Outdoor Research. Works great in extreme temps. The base glove is the same I use for all my shooting, even in the summer, but you can use whatever works best for you.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387456710.696216.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387456710.696216.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 13
Cold here is anywhere from mid teens to 35 deg f..... Trigger feel meaning, my trigger is set to 1.5 lb's and with some gloves, I have fired and never felt the trigger with my finger..... I may give those ninja ice gloves a try.... I have seen these for sale locally....
Hoodlum

I thought you said gloves for cold weather, I been swimming in temps that warm.

Good gloves are hard to find that I am sure you are well aware of now. Look for goat skin palm and fingers, no lining on the palms just leather or a 50wgt lining, stretch backs with a 50wgt lining. Gloves like these that I find perform minute tasks yet keep the digits warm come from climbing manufactures with details like mix, mixed mixte dry tool ect; thin leather palms with a thin 50wgt backing on the top. Get them a size small and let the goat leather form to your hand during use. Thick gloves in the real world are colder than thin gloves when performing any type of gripping or holding as the muscles must contract more due to the thickness of the glove that decreases blood flow so the hands become cold. Its something 99% of end users just cannot get a thought process around.

True warmth comes in mittens so each finger draws heat from the others and pushes heat to the others. But, down mitts or thick mitts gripping cold surface will restrict blood flow.

At those temps, why not go bare handed while on the gun, place a hot water bottle in a pocket of your jacket, when not on the gun place your hand in the pocket on the bottle to warm it up. Outside the pocket not on the gun just any common warm glove. I have shot bolt guns at -30 or tad colder bare handed, just beware of warm moist hands and cold dry metal.

The key is blood flow; if your engine is high horsepower operating at full torque with good race gas in the tank, combating cold is not that difficult. Kit can only make up so much at a very tiny level.

good luck

Hey sigma05 what is that or system called I can't find it that's pretty cool.