• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GO GET 'EM...Remington 700s at Walmart for $297

I'll be checking local. If the price is the same here and anyone wants one for the LRI GB let us know.

I would take one. (SA, 308 Bolt face) I have been wanting to do the group buy, I have a barrel in hand just haven't been able to find an action locally.

I'm striking out as well. I've checked the ones I can and nothing. The circular is advertising them, but they only had 770s.

I found a black stocked .243 with a cheap scope for $377.00 plus tax. Im thinking about it pretty hard.

They had this same deal at my Walmart last week. I went back a few days later and it was gone. I should have picked it up when I first saw it.

Here we go.... So if we decided to pay $377 for the action, send it to the smith who will charge us $350 to true it up we are at $700 +. Have we accomplished anything?
What is the cost to get one barreled for a reputable builder?
I am serious! I am calling every Walmart around.
Little help?

Trauma, check out the Group Buy section, Chad at Long Rifles Inc is still running an awesome deal on 700 action work. the Wally World 700's came and went pretty quick. I asked them on Monday if they were getting any more but they didn't know until they show up. so I'll keep checking every couple of days.

Last edited:
I found a black stocked .243 with a cheap scope for $377.00 plus tax. Im thinking about it pretty hard.

Just left my local walmart (SE MI) after reading this thread, same thing there...no camo models for $297. I may take a little road trip tomorrow, can't pass up that price. I'd love to find a 25-06, 270 or 308. I'd even take another 243 for that price.

Wow...I just called 6 different stores in Michigan and Ohio, 2 stores don't sell guns, 2 transferred me to sporting goods because the people answering the phones didnt know if they sold guns at their location or not, and 2 others do sell them and transferred me to sporting goods to see if they had any of these rifles in stock. I spent at least 5 minutes on hold waiting for somebody to pick up the phone in the sporting goods section at each of those 4 stores...my call was only answered at 1 location, and the conversation went something like this:

Me- Hi, do you have any Remington 700's in stock?
Worker- Say at again?!?
Me- do you have any Remington 700's in stock, it's a rifle.
Worker- you lookin for a lightbulb?
Me- A RIFLE, it's a gun... it's called a REMINGTON 700.
Worker- It's a 700 shot!?!? We got sum that shoot 30, but nun dat shoot 700
Me- no, the model is a "700"...it's a rifle made by REMINGTON, camo stock, long black barrel...should be priced at $297.
Worker- K...lemme look

5+ minutes go by, I can hear the worker talking to somebody in the background

Worker- Sir? Yea, we got a lot of rifles, but nothin called a 700
Me- thanks for the help. *click* and start banging my head against the table

Talk about an exersize in futility...6 stores called, 1 call picked up by the sporting goods attendant, and I feel like I was conversing with somebody who didnt understand the language I was speaking. Pounding headache setting in now...

Langford, oh geez, I'd have a headache after that as well. They're out there, just gotta get a smart salesman on the phone. I just saw three 7mags and a 30'06 at my local Walmart. They have two 7mags now.

Just scored one in a 30/06 at the Tomball, TX Walmart. I have been checking since I saw this thread and they never had them, finally I got a halfway decent employee to go check the back. It was the only one they had. Glad to get a long action, time to figure out what to build it into! :)

Last edited:
Guys, sent my dad to one of our local walmart's. We've got .270, 30-06 & 7mm all in stock. Supposed to be getting another shipment in next week too, is what the local guy said. Going to check them out tomorrow.
All for the $297 + tax price.

Anyone have luck in FL finding these? Gonna hit up my local WallyWorld today and see what they have.

Took me over a week but I got one. Most of the Walmart's here in Oregon don't carry firearms and none do locally. I called around and found a couple of black stocked ADLs for $377. I even took a 40 minute detour on a road trip the other day to look at one and see if it would ring up as $297 but when I got there it was gone. I took a 20 minute detour on a trip today to a store that said they had the $377 last week (they actually had 4 today) and leaning against the counter waiting to be logged in was a box with a camo ADL. They said 'Yup, that's the one for $297'. I got it. Now for the rebate.

Apparently the camo stocked gun is a special deal they got from Remington and that's why it's less. It actually reminds me of the ones Dick's always has on Black Friday. If you're looking around make sure it's for the camo stock, that's the special. Good luck.

PS. The gun has a 'dot marked' x-pro trigger indicating it has been checked and/or modified under the Remington trigger recall.

Last edited:
I checked every walmart in Phoenix. No dice.

I called every Walmart in the Phoenix area as well....nothing. However I did go to Cal Ranch on 35th ave & Southern for a price match. They didn't exactly match but they took $100 off and I worked a deal on a free box of ammo. In the end I'm satisfied. I'll put in for the rebate too. I got the 270 Win but I would have liked the 308. Oh well it's all for the action.

I just got one at my Walmart R700 with a Nikon 3-9x40 scope for 379.00.

Long Island Wally worlds had them for a few weeks now.

I would like a .308

What do yal think about 367$ for a .243 youth with chincy scope. Worth it for the action?

It has a 35 or 40 dollar rebate on top of that. Plus it's still a hundred or 2 cheaper than you can get an action.

I was gonna pass on the 30-06 they had in the case, then he told me he had a .223 in the back and I couldnt help myself. I spent way to much time in walmarts looking for one of those damn camo stocked ones.

If someone finds a .308 or .243 in between Albany and Long Island please let me know.