• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Go/No-Go Gauges

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Besides PTG, what’s everyone using? I’m looking for a set in 6.5 and I can’t find anything or it’s not in stock.

I have a Wilson for .300 Blk and it has done the job. I've read one user reports Wilson gauges rusting. I keep it oiled.

Here's a link. Look at Manson.

Reactions: Emmaandhaley
    I have a PTG 6.5 creed go gauge that I’d sell. For a no go I just used scotch tape on the back of it.

I use Forster for 5.56 and .308

Edit: 6.5 CM is available on eBay as well.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SOAPdata
    I have a PTG 6.5 creed go gauge that I’d sell. For a no go I just used scotch tape on the back of it.
    Thanks man, just bought some Manson gauges. That’s what I wanted but everywhere including their website said no in stick. Called direct and Manson had some.

Reactions: Kadams1563
    Picked up a Manson Go gauge from Brownells, no go was out of stock, tape trick did fine for me with the go gauge.

They do say use same manufacturer of go/no go.

I use a lot of Manson guages. Usually have my no go's made to +3 but they can make whatever you want. Good stuff...really good stuff, and awesome customer service.

Does anyone no where to get a 6 Creed and 6 GT Go No-Go gauge I've looked cant find them anywhere

Reactions: Holliday
    Reactions: Gaytigertango
    I’d suggest that you look to see if the PTG gauges are in stock at Midway or Brownells. I for one am getting tired of seeing endless threads where people bitch and moan about PTG not having anything in stock when their website clearly says otherwise.
    Thanks bro I’ll double and triple check. But like you stated it shows in stock. Maybe I’ll call. Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    Maybe I’ll call.
    Like so many before you........

Not trying to be antagonistic, hope you don't take it that way. The same threads I'm referring to ? They've "called" too. Yet, they end up posting/bitching here. BTW, I swore off PTG about 5 years ago. I had the same shit experiences that others have bitched about.

Give Dave Manson a call;

He's a straight up guy. He may not be any faster on delivery, but he won't bullshit you about having something in stock when he doesn't.

Like so many before you........

Not trying to be antagonistic, hope you don't take it that way. The same threads I'm referring to ? They've "called" too. Yet, they end up posting/bitching here. BTW, I swore off PTG about 5 years ago. I had the same shit experiences that others have bitched about.

Give Dave Manson a call;

He's a straight up guy. He may not be any faster on delivery, but he won't bullshit you about having something in stock when he doesn't.

No offense taken, it makes total sense. That’s why I posted On here. Figured someone in this community would have a lead on something. Thanks I’ll hit up Dave

If I need something and Manson makes it, I call and order it from them. Outside of a custom reamer, I’ve never had to wait more than a few weeks on anything from them. Plus if you have any technical questions they’ll put you on the phone with a technical person who knows a ton about what they’re selling.

If I need something and Manson makes it, I call and order it from them. Outside of a custom reamer, I’ve never had to wait more than a few weeks on anything from them. Plus if you have any technical questions they’ll put you on the phone with a technical person who knows a ton about what they’re selling.

is this with northern? Or you talking about a different company?

Besides PTG, what’s everyone using? I’m looking for a set in 6.5 and I can’t find anything or it’s not in stock.
    I just got Clymer gauges from Midsouth ( could have been Natchez) for my 6.5CM seeing as they were the only ones available that weren't a month backordered. They worked out great. Got it right where I wanted it at +.003"