• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to factory/reman ammo?

Definitely not mixing, just was showing that I’ve tried different brass to see if that was my issue

Neck tension I’ve tried approx .001” as well as tried approx .0035” yesterday and same ES. I measure each piece of brass to make sure my neck tension is consistent or close to.

It seems like no matter how careful or not careful I am with my reloading process, it always produces similar ES/SD and then factory comes in at about half the ES/SD. Only thing left is powder but H4350 is suppose to be the bomb when it comes to 6.5cm and the fact I’ve tried it in two different 6.5 rifles makes me thing it’s not the powder
What primers are you using (may have missed the post with this info)? If you tried different types and still have issues, see next question.

How many rounds (dry fire and live) through the rifles? You may be overdue for a new striker/firing pin spring and it's a cheap part so you might as well order a couple and try a new spring anyways.

If you're not overdue for a new spring, clean and dry the striker, striker spring, and inside of bolt body. You don't want debris, oil, grease, etc. affecting the striker movement.

Giving it another try today. Taking 5 twice fired (annealed after 1st firing but not after second firing) Peterson brass and 5 once fired (annealed after first firing) brass. Going to shoot them in separate strings and compare. If they shows promising numbers I’ll do a larger test to confirm

Bumped the shoulders approx .003 using a RCBS FL die I haven’t tried until now. Shoulder bump was more consistent on the once fired because it was just annealed

Neck tension is going to be approx .002 so looking good there

Brushed the necks

Did not use any dry lube on the ID (only ever done this yesterday to give it a try)

Verified the powder charge on the Intellidropper and double checked on a cheap $50 electronic reloading scale and every powder charge matched (I know it’s not perfectly the same but best I can do with what I have currently)

Will follow up with results from Labrador

Data below. I’d shoot 3 and then let everything cool for a few min then shoot 3 more, etc. bullet seating felt pretty consistent between both groups

For the non annealed twice fired, I ended up loading 8.
1-2665
2-2677
3-2667
4-2667
5-2659
6-2666
7-2661
8- 2692 - wish I could say I cooked this round in the chamber but I didn’t. These vel were consistent with what I’ve seen in the past until shot 8

ES: 32
SD: 10.4

Then 5 shots from the freshly annealed once fired

1- 2665
2- 2669
3-2686
4-2642
5-2663

ES: 44
SD: 15.8

From a small data sample it looks like my annealing (not saying annealing in general) could be hurting me. I had it real good until their number 8 where my ES was 18

Last edited: