• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to online store for ammunition?

Sportsman Warehouse is on the wrong side of the country but sometimes beats Target Sports USA on price and availability or vice versa. I live in Upstate NY and I support ammunition vendors that understand the law and are willing to ship to legal addresses using patriotic delivery services.

i.e. FedEx to my door. God Bless them.

These guys earned my business over all the pussies who haven't the stones to ship to customers because of the NYS SAFE ACT vague and not-in-effect attempt at prohibiting online ammo sales. They also do not charge sales tax, further depriving New York State.

The hardest thing to find is reasonable 12g birdshot as I avoid Walmart and Dicks. There are no online deals for cases of $50 birdshot because shipping must be pretty expensive. I hate shooting Clays but I still do because my 80-year Father likes kicking my ass and that's great.

Last edited:
The hardest thing to find is reasonable 12g birdshot as I avoid Walmart and Dicks. There are no online deals for cases of $50 birdshot because shipping must be pretty expensive. I hate shooting Clays but I still do because my 80-year Father likes kicking my ass and that's great.

twas sometime last year if not year before, but i really loaded up on win aa supersport with their rebate, from academy.com that had a great price and free shipping.

Reactions: Frankly
SGammo.com

They have consistently been excellent in terms of shipping time, customer service, and transparency as far as the ammo market and securing good deals for customers. They don't always have the lowest prices on any given thing online, but if you're trying to do a sizeable multi-caliber order they will probably always be your best bet.

i've ordered from ammoman, ammunition store, and sgammo with no issues other than it cost me alot of money

Reactions: YF12A
Today it's academy. 20% off, free shipping, PLUS $2 rebate per box of winchester shotgun ammo. ~45% off with free shipping.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Ammoseek is where I start. Also, Target Sports USA has been my go to for .308 ammo. 6.5 Creedmoor seems to default to Outdoor Limited. Both companies have had stellar customer service thus far.

My current residence is in Connecticut, so there is a process for getting ammo on-line, and both aforementioned companies still ship here.

Palmetto will have some good deals on ammo every once in awhile if you keep a eye out.

Back in the 2000's, I used Ammoman. Never had any problem, but then the prices just seemed to jump. Used to love Wideners, bought lots of IMI, then, same thing, prices jumped, I think they were sold? Now it's mostly SGAmmo or Midway with a deal, both great to deal with. Wonder what happened to Cascade in, I think, the Pacific NW? Bought a lot from them in the '90's, Russian 7.62x39 and .22lr Biathlon dirt cheap. Wish I literally had bought a ton of that stuff, a little greasy but shot lights out through just about everything, whether 10/22 or target pistol/rifle. Will check out Target Sports and the others. Thanks.

I joined Target Sports USA's prime ammo club and today recieved a "surprise" gift box that included a box of Hornady 140 grain 6.5 creedmoor ammo and 25 rounds on 9mm defensive ammo. With the 15% or so discount on ammo purchases and this gift, makes the $95.00 for a year well worth it.

I joined Target Sports USA's prime ammo club and today recieved a "surprise" gift box that included a box of Hornady 140 grain 6.5 creedmoor ammo and 25 rounds on 9mm defensive ammo. With the 15% or so discount on ammo purchases and this gift, makes the $95.00 for a year well worth it.

Awesome, thanks for sharing, I had no idea they throw in some extras.

I shoot 6mm Creedmoor Hornady 108gn ELD-M. Outdoor Limited always has the best price for it and their shipping is reasonable and incredibly quick. Ammoseek always has them on top for that caliber and manufacturer.

Back in the 2000's, I used Ammoman.
yeah, no idea but they went from usually lowest price or close to rarely if ever lowest price, by a long shot. i unsubscribed from their email feed they were so far off the mark.

always ammoseek but remember they don't pull from every website, such as palmetto state armory which does have some good deals from time to time (especially when free shipping with 10+ boxes etc).

With me, any week, it's Midway. I don't shop price, I shop convenience and availability. If they don't have it, I don't need it that week.

This week I finished a project building Garand Ammo, with over 600rd in clips and maybe more will happen, too. My Garand is a worked over shooter, and now it's got choices between 150FMJBT (240rd), 155A-Max(240rd), and 168FGMM clone(200rd+); whatever strikes my fancy when I pack it out for the range. Most everything that goes into my handloads comes either from Midway or from fellow shooters.

Greg

PS Some of my purchases don't amount to savings deals, but they provide me with an opportunity to restock my standing components minimums at convenient times so I don't end up in a pinch, which seldom happens anyway these days. I hold off my purchases until a great deal comes up and then I pounce. I'm winding down my handloading binges (I just tossed five empty one pound powder containers this week, IMR-4064 and Varget), and doing strategic purchases of desirable factory ammunition at good deal prices; IMI for instance.

Last edited:
SGAmmo and LuckyGunner, but I often use ammoseek as a starting filter.

If I don't have time to shop I just go to Outdoor Limited. Haven't gone wrong there.

Ammoseek and Gunbot dont query all of the online sellers.

You have to do the rounds at Outdoor Unlimited and TargetSportsUSA when they have stuff on sale plus free shipping. Otherwise they are normally not cheaper than SGAmmo including shipping.

There are also a lot of vendors that play the bullshit game of being .02 cheaper per round and then trying to charge you 39$ to ship it, so pay attention as the shipping makes any savings go away.

I usually buy from the cheap PLUS free shipping vendor or from Brownells when you can double stack coupons plus free shipping.

Well I posted and said gunbot.net and then realized other people had posted. So I'll just give my opinion. But I've personally purchased thousands of rounds from Freedom Munitions and never had a single problem. If you keep your eye out they'll usually have a free shipping thing every few weeks, father's day, other holidays, etc.

Well I posted and said gunbot.net and then realized other people had posted. So I'll just give my opinion. But I've personally purchased thousands of rounds from Freedom Munitions and never had a single problem. If you keep your eye out they'll usually have a free shipping thing every few weeks, father's day, other holidays, etc.

I stopped buying from Freedom when a friend of mine had one of their new 9mm rounds (not a reman) blow up this Glock. To be fair, they did pay for his medical bills and a new Glock.

Greg

I stopped buying from Freedom when a friend of mine had one of their new 9mm rounds (not a reman) blow up this Glock. To be fair, they did pay for his medical bills and a new Glock.

Greg

Personally I never shot any of their new stuff just remans, and there's not much more they can do! Sucks though no doubt.

Reactions: pga43
Personally I never shot any of their new stuff just remans, and there's not much more they can do! Sucks though no doubt.

Freedom totally freaked out. Not sure if they tracked down & recalled all the other ammo from the same lot number and never heard if they had any other problems like my buddies. I'm sure their lawyer was seeing potential lawsuits.

Greg

Freedom totally freaked out. Not sure if they tracked down & recalled all the other ammo from the same lot number and never heard if they had any other problems like my buddies. I'm sure their lawyer was seeing potential lawsuits.

Greg
They had others. A few reports of their 223 blowing up guns. I used to buy from them before I knew. They have had some financial issues, which makes me hesitate and you can get factory new from Targetsportsusa.com cheaper. Pretty sure I was getting 9mm from Freedom for around $0.14 a round 20 months or so ago. now they are over $0.20.

Reactions: pga43
They had others. A few reports of their 223 blowing up guns. I used to buy from them before I knew. They have had some financial issues, which makes me hesitate and you can get factory new from Targetsportsusa.com cheaper. Pretty sure I was getting 9mm from Freedom for around $0.14 a round 20 months or so ago. now they are over $0.20.

I did hear they were thru a financial re-organization (not sure if it was a bankrupcy - Chapter 11??)

Greg

I don't order much online anymore. Seems Sportsman's is pretty similar in price to most online stuff if you buy in bulk. Funny thing is the bulk I am buying from them is literally "kept in the back" and you have to ask for it. Not sure why they don't put it on the shelves. I don't remember what it is but I can take some pics of the box.

I don't order much online anymore. Seems Sportsman's is pretty similar in price to most online stuff if you buy in bulk. Funny thing is the bulk I am buying from them is literally "kept in the back" and you have to ask for it. Not sure why they don't put it on the shelves. I don't remember what it is but I can take some pics of the box.
would be curious as I have a Sportsman's 3 miles from me and they are not even close in price to online retailers.

would be curious as I have a Sportsman's 3 miles from me and they are not even close in price to online retailers.

Crap I forgot to take a pic but I will set a reminder on my phone to get one this evening. Basically what happened is I was in my local Sportsman's doing "ammo math" with my phone out. And one of the trainers for the State Troopers happened to be in there and noticed. He approached with a giant cart full of regular plain cardboard ammo boxes (he was buying bulk for a training exercise) and told me to just ask the guy at the counter. I'm not 100% sure it's all Sportsman's but it's for sure the one in my area.

I remember that I only ended up paying like $0.01-0.02 more per round than the cheapest comperable I could find online + the cost of shipping, at the time I couldn't find any good prices with free shipping promotions. And if I remember right the 5.56 was actually less than the online price but the 9mm was more.

I am fortunate to live near Georgia Arms. I have had excellent experience with all their ammo. I buy my bulk .308, target .308, bulk 9mm, and carry 9mm from them. The only time I ever had an ammo issue was with a box of .300WM that would not chamber. They had gotten a few off spec cases, and one of their gauges was bad. We checked heir gauges here in the office, one was about .002 long. Almost noone else had a problem, guess my Savage 110 has a slightly tight chamber. Any way, they replaced the two rounds witha full box of ammo. It also lets me indulge my inner conspiracy theorist by walking in and paying cash... no paper trail for most of my ammo purchases.

What are your "go to" online stores for ammunition? best shipping and prices, obviously.
If you have the buyers club membership for $40 a year it's tough to best Sportsmans Guide. I get my Wolf HP 7.62x39 for 18-19 cents per round shipped a few times a year. Scopes you name it the savings are hilarious. SG Ammo is my back up

What is SG hitting you for shipping. I just checked and with shipping they were the same as targetsportsusa.com under their ammo prime membership.

What is SG hitting you for shipping. I just checked and with shipping they were the same as targetsportsusa.com under their ammo prime membership.
Oh man sorry forgot to add the **important** part. It requires a bit of legwork I typically find the best coupon codes at Retailmenot. There are typically a couple of free shipping codes floating around not publicized on the SpGuide site, but work 12 months. OR like today there are not any free shipping codes, but there is a 'double club discount' so that takes shipping on a case of 1000 to 7 bucks. Oddly the worst deals are right now, but the best the rest of the year. They had a 3 day window with not only a club double discount but also free shipping on top of that right b/f black friday. Like right now I can get a case of 7.62x39 Wolf FMJ to my door for 198 shipped, but it woulda been sub 185. I never pay more than 19 cents for my bulk steel plinker.

Usually start off with AmmoSeek and go from there. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, Sportsman's Warehouse, Vizards and Target Sports USA are all typically at the top of the list for me though.

Palmetto State runs a deal on 175g FGMM every once and a while, around 17 bucks a box, buy 10 for free shipping. 200 rounds of good .308 for 170 bucks is good to go in my book.

Reactions: The DFC
Palmetto State runs a deal on 175g FGMM every once and a while, around 17 bucks a box, buy 10 for free shipping. 200 rounds of good .308 for 170 bucks is good to go in my book.

Yep. The last 2 times I bought this deal-within last month or so-they've actually shipped them in a few days. This is a major change from the multiple weeks you'd have to wait not that long ago.

Another vote for SGammo and I've recently used Able ammo and am very happy with them. Good prices, big selection, and fast shipping just like SGammo.

+1 for SGAmmo, shipping has always been quick and have always replied to questions on product avalibilty.

Able is good to go. Good people. will be swinging by there today on my way back from Dallas.

Yep. The last 2 times I bought this deal-within last month or so-they've actually shipped them in a few days. This is a major change from the multiple weeks you'd have to wait not that long ago.

Another vote for SGammo and I've recently used Able ammo and am very happy with them. Good prices, big selection, and fast shipping just like SGammo.