• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Godzilla (2014)

It will be a winner if the voices don't sync perfectly with the actors mouths... Just like in the old black and white ones. :)

Thought the Godzilla faithful would enjoy this.....

Even the model looks happy.

Attachments

• godzilla.jpg
    godzilla.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 19
Oh fucking fuck that was awesome! Corny at times, yes, but a really fun ride, especially for someone who grew up on the old Toho films.

Oh fucking fuck that was awesome! Corny at times, yes, but a really fun ride, especially for someone who grew up on the old Toho films.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was almost in tears I had so much fun!

I was sure they were going to screw it up too.

It still kind of stings knowing that of the handful of shots I worked on, you can hardly see my stuff because it's covered up with dust and smoke ;)

Hehe, you have no idea what I did ;)

These days it's extremely rare that one shop gets all of the VFX work on a film and with a big tentpole like this one with close to 2000 VFX shots, the work gets spread amongst several shops. You can tell by that sea of artists and technicians in the end credits. And making these movies is a really messy process where stuff changes constantly and never goes according to plan. So in this case we picked up a handful of shots where the male and female muto meet in downtown San Fran and do a little exchange with the nukes...not to give away any spoilers. There are some collapsing buildings that my buddy and I did that were insanely complex rigid body and fluid simulations with millions of pieces of procedurally fractured geometry all constrained together to create the look of concrete and metal bound together. And...it all got covered up by giant plumes of dust....

Bad.Ass.Flick.

I liked how the film explained the whole "HALO jump" thing we were making fun of when the first teaser came out.

I *really* liked the opening titles, where as soon as it flashed on the screen text started getting redacted leaving only the person's name and (if pertinent) title. That was very cool, and I'll be curious when the DVD comes out to slow that down and see what got covered up.

I do have one question...the Navy has EOD officers that are active field techs? That seemed to be the most unbelievable part of the film.

Last edited:
If you grew up with the originals as cheesey as the were you'll dig this one. It was fun to watch!

Saw it here in the UAE...had a state of the art theater all to myself (first showing on Friday is a great time to go here). The action and SFX were awesome. The initial human part of the story was irrelavent compared to the huge scale of Godzilla and the MUTO's. The bigger the movie screen the better for this one.

saw it in I-MAX 3d I have no complaints I enjoyed it...Well not the price $89 for 3kids and 2 adults

... So in this case we picked up a handful of shots where the male and female muto meet in downtown San Fran and do a little exchange with the nukes...not to give away any spoilers. There are some collapsing buildings that my buddy and I did that were insanely complex rigid body and fluid simulations with millions of pieces of procedurally fractured geometry all constrained together to create the look of concrete and metal bound together....

Great job! My son and I really enjoyed this one! The FX were incredible!

Took Celia and our Granddaughter along with two of her friends, and we all loved it.

The discussion in the Grand Caravan on the way home was largely about how much better it was than 'the original' (1998 Matthew Broderick), followed by some education about all the other Godzillas past.

Greg

I had to dig this one up to let ya know that they are going to make a second Godzilla movie, this time with 2 or 3 of his classic enemies/playmates as well: Rodan, Mothera and King Gedorah.

Been a huge Godzilla fan since the early 70s, and love this new take on the big G.

Just watched it this past evening, I liked it. Godzilla is a badass cant wait for more of these movies.