• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Going to speak my mind on a few things.

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
Going to talk about a few things here and in the outside world.

Let's talk about life, death and what a life is worth. I'll start with this gem. Check it out and then come back.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/shwing-batta.6876526/#post-6954294

So I did not realize nor did I give a shit he is/was some famous ball player. Either way he is a piece of shit. I would not piss on him if he was on fire. There are 1000's like him. Crooks, murders, rapists. Am I wrong to give their live no value what so ever? I don't think I am but it would seem that there are those out there than believe any life is as valuable as the next. I don't believe that every life is as valuable as the next.

The point to all this is I see often stats like "gun deaths in america". In general I don't care what the stats are. Not to be callous but some fuckers don't deserve to consume oxygen. I want the stats broken down. What I am personally concerned about is random murder/crime. To some degree domestic violence, but I am not in a situation like that so I can't do much nor save the world. Take out suicides, gang on gang killings, domestic killings, (couple other things I can't remember right this second) and your left with 300-500 (if that) murders with a gun used that are totally random. in a country of 350,000,000 that seems pretty damn good to me.

Switch gears for a moment to the Florida shooting (or Vegas or any other random murder). This will be hard to explain, so bear with me. I am wrong for not caring that they are dead. NOW WHOA LET ME EXPLAIN. I consider that they are the price we must pay for freedom, true freedom like no other country has. Some may say Martyrs. I think they are definitely being used as martyrs by the anti-gun.

Now don't take this to think I am an uncaring asshole. Every time an incident like this happens I am deeply deeply saddened. Make no mistake had I been there I would have ran inside. I would have taken a bullet there is no doubt in my mind what so ever. After Sandy Hook I was devastated (my wife is a teacher, at the time she taught 5-6 year old's). I really and I mean really did some soul searching on that one.

They are dead, now. Their pain is over. The living feel pain, not the dead. We have memorials for all those that have died for freedom, including flight 93, and the world trade center towers. Why do we not celebrate mass shooting victims in the same way. Not a little bronze plaque at each location but a larger one in DC or somewhere like that. I wouldn't call it "the mass shooting memorial" something like "the freedom memorial". People who have died, that we remember and their deaths will not make us bow to evil. Again the point I am eluding to is, After 9/11, their was much talk of "we can't let them win" and as an act of defiance we altered our lives not one damn bit. The average American at least. We did beef up security in areas. But we didn't ban anything day to day not have any real knee jerk reactions as a society/country.

Back to the first of this, I have talked with people who think if a women is being raped she has the right/duty to try and get away, but no right to cause death to the person(s). I am not sorry I do not agree with that. Some lives are valuable and some are NOT.

I don't think I need to apologize for how I see the world. What I do believe is that I grasp Freedom more than most of the general population. I think after generations and generations of freedom most have taken it for granted what freedom is. They may be God given rights but there is no fucking doubt that governments take them away all the time. Most think it could never happen here, they don't understand how Hitler came to power (or any other dictator for that matter).

Okay next subject, I am going to try and quote myself and the response I got. It is from the REI thread and I seemed more appropriate to move it outside that thread for further discussion.

The problem is holding the moral high ground is not winning the battle. We as a group are quiet live and let live people. We are not as organized nor as loud. Action must be taken. 80% of gun owners wont go to a pro-gun rally because they fear "the government" is watching who showes up.

This makes our numbers seem small and our voices not as heard.

Some want to believe we are a democracy which would be "majority rules" when we are in fact a Republic which means every single person has equal rights and the majority can not squash even one person's rights.

We are affraid that if we act out that the anti-gun will point at us a say "see nut job gun owner".

I pretty much disagree with every bit of this. The media wants us think we are loosing, but new people are buying guns at a record pace. The media wants it to look like popular opinion is anti-gun. But the most popular candidate was Hilary Clinton. The media wants us to believe we are loosing, but are we? The war was won in 1776. We have been fighting off the cowards ever since, and that will never change. The founders knew it, and we should all know it.

Show me one leftist organization with as many members as the NRA. We are more organized, and we have the law on our side. That doest mean a win though, we still have to keep fighting.

The NRA doesn't have paid protesters to go commit violence is the only difference. And their protesters would be treated much differently.

How many here have a Facebook account, twitter, how about Instagram? Those are the new communication methods. The anti-gun and especially the kids in Florida have embraced these new methods. I understand the NRA is big, but I also know at least 10 people who will not join because they "don't want to be on a list". I know a couple of gents who are looking at ways for their guns to "disappear".

I agree that people are continuing to buying guns. But it has been said that 90% of the guns are owned by about 20% of the population. I don't know anyone who owns less than 5 if they own 1. And most own at least a dozen. I think the average gun owner knows what could happen and wants to fly under the radar if it does happen. We as a group need to get those gun owners involved. They need to understand WE THE PEOPLE is the government. That the government should fear us, not the other way around. If we are not loosing why did Florida just pass anti-gun law and why are bump stocks on the chopping block.

We are listening to 8 track tapes and, they are listening to 1 terabyte digital libraries on the cloud. Those that seek to take away our liberties have grasped the new technology, the new way of doing things while most of us languish with the old way of doing things. The "survivors" of Florida are in the media still because they understand how to use new technology to keep their voices heard.

I recently started a twitter account, and I would suggest something similar. My daughter showed me that it requires less personal info than Facebook. Instagram is supposed to be even less. The anti-gun are attacking pro gun profusely 100's of times a day. I would say keep it professional (don't drop to their level) I actually think I may have may have changed at least one persons mind (if not 2).

They were being somewhat rude but I stayed the course and came back with "you do know that the SCOTUS has ruled many times that the government and its agents (LEO, Firefighters, etc ) have no Legal obligation to protect any one individual. Morally maybe but not legally. That their duty is to the community. You are responsible for yourself."

I got back "I did not know that, thanks. that changes things"

Yes, why yes it does.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited: