• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Golden Gate Arms Santa Fe Mountaineer Rifle .303B

Re: Golden Gate Arms Santa Fe Mountaineer Rifle .303B

What info are you looking for. Looks like a cut down and sporterized British .303 Enfield. Maybe a MK5 but its kind of hard to tell. Santa Fe arms bought up a bunch of surplus guns in the 1960's and sporterized them. They went out of business around 1974 I believe. Looks similiar to their "jungle Carbine" model but is missing the flash hider. Brutes to shoot with the shorter barrel. Sante Fe is also famous for building completely useless 1903 Springfield receivers, if you ever see one for sale, slap the seller and then walk away!

Probably no need to scrap it, Santa Fe did not build the receiver for your rifle, the Brits did. Should be an ok shooting .303, it will just kick like a mule (hence the added recoil pad). Ammo is not hard to find or very expensive. Take it out and send a few rounds down range before sending it to the scrap heap. If your town ever has a $300 gun buyback program though, this would be a good candidate.

Well you can't beat free. I also suspect it was built on a "jungle carbine", note the drilled bolt handle. I agree with XARMOR you should take it out to the range and try it out. Like he said it will have a nice kick to it. Who knows you may like it and decide to keep it.

Maybe I will, but you guys know we rather shoot the surgical sticks. All day!!

Agreed, take it down to the range, see how it shoots.
Just remember how fast you can cylcle the bolt. Might make a good rig for shooting pig mobs or goats.

I had what was referred to as a No.4 British Enfield in its original military config. Fun to shoot and ammo was cheap! Surplus stuff I found was actually headstamped 44'&45'!!
Worth at least a few rounds at the range.

Love the peep sights. Must be one of those sniper variants.
I would keep it around. I had one back in the day and I wish I kept it just for the fun of it. Those are some fast actions.
Dam man, for the price, I would buy some surplus ammo and go bruise my shoulder!

Let Me see what I"m gonna do with it. There might be a chance that I'll give it to you Darkstar. Seems like you are the most willing to bruise yourself and you had one so..

OK?