• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Good day for me, Bad day for a coyote

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Got this dog at 108 yards with a .223 55gr Hornady Hollow Point. Dropped it right where it was standing. First time I have ever called in a coyote.

0812120642b.jpg

0812120644a.jpg

0812120742a.jpg

you can see where I hit it in this picture

0812120742.jpg

Re: Good day for me, Bad day for a coyote

It is quite rewarding to call in your first coyote. Good job.

Sweet!! Looks like a nice jeep also

Thanks guys,

The gun I shot that Coyote with was my friends, And being that all i had were .22's i had to go get me a gun of my own. Just got back from another try at calling, nothing this time. Sighted the gun in. 3 shots in a dime at 100 yards was good enough for me so off to hunting i went.

Savage 11 .204

0812122207.jpg

Congrats on your first coyote....did you skin that bad boy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usngoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet!! Looks like a nice jeep also </div></div>

The Jeep is my friends, but i do have a clunker of my own

90cb0fa0.jpg

6d796b6b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No i didnt, I did take its ears, scalp and bottom jaw, its worth 50 bucks. so i hear
</div></div>

$50 for a bounty on coyotes is a great price.

Yeah, getting paid for fun stuff is cool I think. need a few more and I can get a better scope lol

Congrats on your first yote and welcome to the addiction. I may have to make a road trip to Utah with that bounty being offered up.

Looks good Clayne. The .204 is a great fur friendly round for yotes. I am not so worried about being fur friendly as I am about them being DRT so I am a 6mm and 6.5mm fan.

Seeing as how you went out and bought a yote smackin stick and already went calling again that simply confirms your addiction. Keep after it and putting the fur in the dirt.

Nice shooting...I only call coyotes in when I am driving in the desert without my rifle...I think they prefer the sound of my Trailblazer's engine roaring! If I have my rifle in the vehicle, they can smell the Rem Oil...I swear it!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on your first yote and welcome to the addiction. I may have to make a road trip to Utah with that bounty being offered up. </div></div>Good luck, there 5 million others with the same idea. I think they raised the bounty because nobodies killing them, everybodies trying hard though. Nice work Clayne, where did you get him?

Congrats !!! Now you have the addiction. Get some night vision and you will never be home
smile.gif

Went out this evening. I had been calling this spot for about 20 min when these kids showed up. They Parked there atv's about 100 yards up the hill walked down. I could hear them talking all the way to where they sat down and started calling. I gave them 15 min to see what they could bring in. after that i started playing with them. They never did see us. Video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aF-ke_hkDU

Congrats on your first yote and welcome to the club. It would appear you are hooked!! Go get em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where abouts</div></div>

ogden... he lives on base there

What kind of call did you use ? In Ohio I use a fawn bleat to call them in whenever I see them while bowhunting deer. Just make it sound like a crying baby.