• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing GOOD GUY OUTFITTERS LIST

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
Post here the outfitters you have had GOOD encounters with.

Hopefully this will help with better hunts for all members and try to cut down the chances of being scammed.

plain and simple if you have been to an outfitter do a write up on them. you can be as detailed as you want, the greater the detail the more it will help others

Re: GOOD GUY OUTFITTERS LIST

If you're going to advertise your business, you must speak with Lowlight and become a vendor.

This is going to be a outstanding information thread!!!

Let's keep it going!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jgn8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to be a outstanding information thread!!!

Let's keep it going! </div></div>

is there a way to make it into a sticky or is that something the mods do?

Gman Outdoor Adventures
gmanoutdooradventures.com

Northeast WY (deer antelope)
WY, NE, and SD (Merriam Turkey)
other stuff

John (Geiman) is a guy who went out of his way to make my first hunt a VERY enjoyable one. He had 10+ guides that work with him, but he personally took me 1-on-1 for my entire 5 day hunt (despite not paying for a 1-on-1 hunt). I never wanted for anything be it advice or just plain old good conversation. The food was VERY good (3 meals a day with supper ALWAYS being a highlight), and the lodging, though nothing over-the-top, was clean, warm, and with private rooms and bathrooms (also has washer/dryer and full kitchen). Camp was great with a great atmosphere. He's meticulous with his planning, and will call/email back near immediately all of the time (if he doesn't answer).

I would HIGHLY recommend checking him out if you're looking to hunt some beautiful country in the foothills of the Black Hills for deer (mule or white tail) or antelope.

Frank Fackovec of Texas Outfitters at the Drop Tine Ranch in Pearsall, Texas is my only experience with a guided hunt. Went on a pig hunt there in October, 2005 and had an excellent time with my wife tagging along. Accommodations are fantastic and so was the hunting. Had a new guide 1x1, but he was pretty good and a pleasure to spend time with. They have both high and low fence areas. Saw some very nice bucks while in stands and stalking, but way out of my price range. Very good overall experience and highly recommend.

http://showmebirds.com/

This is a strictly pheasant hunting ranch. These are pen raised, but not retarded haha. It truly is a hell of a hunt. Tons of action, reasonable costs. Kim (male) is the owner of the ranch, and he will take care of you.

My dad and i take about 14 or so friends with us each year around the 12th of January, each year it is a huge success. We stay in Joplin Missouri at a holiday inn (great free breakfast in the morning) and drive about 20 minutes to baxter springs Kansas to do the hunting.
For the entire weekend with 2 hunts and lodging and EVERYTHING included (including food, tip for dog handler, EVERYTHING) it runs around $550 to $600.

Well worth it.
PM me if you would like more info, ill try to help you as much as possible!

I for one think this Thread is a GREAT idea!!! I have been looking to do a out of state hunting bowhunting trip for quite a while, but have heard a few nightmare stories and it's made me "Gun Shy" about spending a few grand on a hunt that turns out to be a waste of my time and hard earned money.

So Please, If you have had a good experience with an outfitter contribute and help the rest of us out so we can have a great hunting trip too!!

Thanks

I had previously posted about my experience at North Texas Outfitters.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...466#Post2859466

In brief, great hunting experience. Paul and Chris are both top notch guys. The cabins are nice and the food is appropriately "greasy spoon" chow. I enjoy knowing that I can shoot what I want and not feel like I have to fill a tag. You can make the hunt what you want it. If you are lazy, you can shoot stuff out of the truck. If you enjoy stalking, you can walk until your feet fall off or you get your shot. Personally, I enjoy the latter, and put several miles on my old hunting boots. In the end, I had a blast. Harvested nice game. And, best of all, my girlfriend had a wonderful time. I'll definitely go back... If you go there, tell them they need to get on the 'hide. I told Chris that this place has plenty of good people and they should become a sponsor.

Also, if anyone is looking for a reasonably priced pronghorn hunt in north-eastern New Mexico, I can point you in a great direction. Guy named Richard James. He owns a company called Round Mountain Realty in Amarillo TX. He has some family land in Grenville NM and takes hunters there each year. I've gone the past two years. It's been fun.

okay i do not want this thing to die because i feel it has great potential, so here goes another one

West Kerr Ranch
830 329-5171 (Kelsi Kana is a pleasure to do business with)
[email protected]

The ranch is 11,00 acres high fenced. I have hunted the place one time and just haven't had time to get back yet, but i assure you i will. They have Deer, Turkey and lots and Lots of exotics. a guy shot a nice 30 1/2 nice Audad. and my uncle that i went with shot a great gold medal (i believe) velvet axis deer. They were great to work with offering anywhere from fully guided to let me know if you shoot something "supervision". they include exotic does and hog with just about every one of there packages. I believe they do have some stationary blind because i remember seeing some but my hunting method was spot and stalk. It is some very fun country to try and work over down in south Tx. They have great diversity everything from bluffs and rolling hills to openings and thick oak and juniper areas. overall a lot of fun very reasonable prices and great people to hunt with. Lodging is nothing over the top, but it definitely has everything you need. Food is great and onsite taxidermy is an option. not one of those exotics ranches that has it populated so high it would be hard to point your gun in any direction and not hit something. You will defiantly have to work for it but with good effort I think it would be hard for anyone to not be successful.

Had a great time with my uncle and will never forget it.

Illinois connection is a great place to
Go also. Hunted there the past couple years. Always a world class place to go lodge is amazing the farms are beautiful and well worth the money. Super strict deer management. That's have fines for shooting small
Bucks. BUT there are some MONSTERS because of it. If you do manage a bow kill you are almost a shoe in for pope and young. I'll edit my post later with contact info since I'm on my cell. I also have 3 more outfitters that are great. I will be attending heartland lodge in January if all works out in the next few weeks. If that is the case I'll post a lengthy review with pictures and all. 4 friends swear by there services. I canny reccoment though because I haven't been there yest but soon I will be lol

Wish I could add my two cents, but I facilitated the sale of my favorite Outfitter to the company I work for and I now guide and help manage the properties.

Oh well...

sharing is caring…
grin.gif

As far as people on this site goes I've hunted with Keith on the Spanish Gourd Ranch. Keith has a very budget oriented hunt and he is realistic about his animals. No "we have 180"ers all over the place" and you end up staring at spikes all weekend. They bent over backwards to accommodate me. Even on Super Bowl Sunday.
ONE MAJOR THING I WANT TO POINT OUT!!!
This was a free hunt that I won at the Hide Cup. Keith donated it as a prize so he is one of the good guys that helps support this sport. So if for no other reason other than that you should get off your ass and go shoot something with him!
The Fajitas were second to none. I ate so much I scared most of the animals away for the next two days
blush.gif

I doubt very seriously if I go back he'll cook them for me again.

Here are the two critters I took:

This Audad isn't huge but one of the most fun hunts I've ever had. Spotted him 2 miles away. Keith has the only hills out in the middle of nowhere.
Aoudad1.jpg

This Blackbuck is an awesome little critter. I've wanted to take one for a long time just never had the opportunity until The Spanish Gourd Ranch.
IMG_7967-1.jpg

For mule deer, whitetail and elk in Colorado then talk to Sean Sander of Royal Mountain Adventures. www.royalmountainadventures.com
They do a lot of deer hunting in the eastern plains of Colorado and have some unbelievable mule deer and whitetail.
I have taken a 3 great mule deer, 2 with a bow and 1 with a rifle and I have hunted with them every year for the last 6 years.
Top pic is a straight 4X4 that grossed 202" that I took with a rifle. The second is a 3X3 that scored 175 1/4 that I took with a bow. Last year I took a mulie that ended up scoring just over 216" that I took with a bow. No pics due to the fact that he broke his horns all up when he nose dived 10 feet into the only ditch within miles of where we were. Should have him back from the taxidermist pretty soon. But I have a pic of the repaired horns.

IMG_2415.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

001.jpg

For us in the northwest, Bearpaw outfitters are great.
I have been on bear and a deer hunt both were great .
I hope to go back back soon.

lets not let this die.

ive got a great african outfitter that i will try to get a write up here in the next couple of days

Tri State Outfitters, specifically hunting with John Evert and Tory Kerr.

I've hunted Mulies and Elk with Tri State in NM and CO. Great accommodations and awesome guides. They have several other guides and a great cook.

John also runs lions in CO and bears in NM with a great pack of dogs. Just got back last week from a very successful mountain lion bowhunt. If you are interested in one of the lion or bear hunts, go to John directly at lookinupoutfitters.net.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tikka'd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Post here the outfitters you have had GOOD encounters with.
</div></div>

I had the best encounter with.....well me!

This is my bud in Alaska..good guy
http://www.alaska-d-l-outfitters.com/

I was just looking for a good place to deer hunt in Virginia that wasn't going to break the bank. I hunted five days in the Shenandoahs with Blue Ridge Outfitters and had a good time. It's not a very pampered hunt for whitetails (or black bear if you're in season), but it's a pretty solid deal. You'll get assigned to a tree stand for the day, and if you get something, they'll come down on a 4 wheeler, gut it, haul it out, and do all the meat processing for you. In five days I got one buck and one doe. Good times.

Ok tikka'd I'm in... I am no longer over the hunting with TCO but I do help manage the properties... Feel free to remove if you see fit MODS.

Here is a deer taken this year in KS. Scores 226 1/4

08100033.jpg

Trophy Class Outfitters
RL Foster
IL, KS, IA, MO, AL, FL
Deer and Turkey
Archery and Firearm

www.trophyclassoutfitters.com

hope this keeps going. how about asking for references for specific type hunts? in the next 2-3 years i will be looking for a antelope/MD hunt. like to be able to drive from FL-lets you be able to take all the meat.

I wish more people would post up here and give more information. I'm trying to get something lined out for 2012 for elk or mule deer and this type of info is very helpful.

I want to use a guide, (atleast for the first year in a new location) but I want to actually "hunt", not just be led out and shown a animal to shoot. Basically I want to take advantage of the guide's experience/knowledge of the area, but not be spoon fed a hunt like a "city slicker".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gman Outdoor Adventures
gmanoutdooradventures.com

Northeast WY (deer antelope)
WY, NE, and SD (Merriam Turkey)
other stuff

John (Geiman) is a guy who went out of his way to make my first hunt a VERY enjoyable one. He had 10+ guides that work with him, but he personally took me 1-on-1 for my entire 5 day hunt (despite not paying for a 1-on-1 hunt). I never wanted for anything be it advice or just plain old good conversation. The food was VERY good (3 meals a day with supper ALWAYS being a highlight), and the lodging, though nothing over-the-top, was clean, warm, and with private rooms and bathrooms (also has washer/dryer and full kitchen). Camp was great with a great atmosphere. He's meticulous with his planning, and will call/email back near immediately all of the time (if he doesn't answer).

I would HIGHLY recommend checking him out if you're looking to hunt some beautiful country in the foothills of the Black Hills for deer (mule or white tail) or antelope. </div></div>

incorrect web address, not "s" at the end...should be

www.gmanoutdooradventure.com

I've hunted with Keith on the Spanish Gourd Ranch as well - Keith and the crew are great! I would recommend them.

I took a very nice Aoudad and my buddy took a nice crazy horned goat - all in all we had a great time and seen plenty of other game animals everyday.

The food and sleeping accommodations were good as well, no complaints.
SGRAoudad2012.jpg

Can't believe there is not more post on here about this subject. I figured there would be more folks going on outfitted hunts out of this group especially with some of the prices coming down the way they are.

Somebody up the way asked about an antelope/mulie combo hunt, and I have had a good experience with one outfitter in Wyoming. Robb Wiley of Non-typical Outfitters has both mule deer and antelope hunts, but I don't think the area runs concurrent. They hunt and shoot some fantastic of both species, but I haven't hunted either with them, I chased elk.

Robb has a group of first class guides and horses who will put you on the mountain where you will see no other hunters and lots of game. During the time that I hunted with him, we were on the mountain despite getting 40" of snow in two days. We were there when the weather broke, not in camp, and my hunting partner and I killed elk on back to back days.

The camp was not as luxerious as some pics I've seen, but it was there only to eat and sleep because I was exhausted. Great experience overall.

CF

Caribou Trail Outfitters in Saskatchewan Canada. Great hunt, great food and great lodging. They shoot some monsters there, Mark is a great guy and very hard worker for his clients.

Hickory Creek Outfitters in Kansas, we went on a rifle hunt in 2011. The hunt was good but stands were mostly set up for bowhunting, not rifle hunting or sitting all day. Food was ok and we got stuck in a broken down old house in town, not the lodge on the website, he fails to say he runs 3 camps and only one group of guys stays at the main lodge, the other camps are not like the main lodge, but Jeff does work hard to get you on deer, if you go there make sure to find out where you will be staying. 4 out of 6 got bucks the other 2 guys passed some decent bucks and are going back on a bow hunt this year.

http://www.hogheavenoutfitters.com/

If your looking for a great hog hunt, Chad and Wayne at Hog heaven in Johnson county North Carolina will get it done. Its a 2000 acre ranch, fair chase, with a big old pond if you like fishing. I'll be going back next year, I took four hogs this year, and had a blast, good people.

Steve

Mulie Mike with West Texas Hunting Organization, I've hunted AOUDAD and mule deer with this outfitter. Tough awesome hunts with lots of land and longrange opportunites. I killed one at 550yds.

bump,

and yes Cazador I know a few people who have hunted with mulie mike. I have heard its a great hunt and long range shots can be expected.

Absaroka Beartooth Outfitters in Big Timber Montana. We did a drop camp with them in the Absaroka Beartooth Mountains just north of Yellowstone Park and while the wolves had put a big hurting on the elk population that year 2010, I managed to tag a decent bull on opening day. (the only elk we saw on the whole trip, my buddy ended up not gettin anything, I shot the bull and a small mulie and tagged out) It is a great affordable way to get in to the back country they also offer full guided hunts, but we went the cheap route and used our gear and they provided us a ride in, ride out, and game retrieval. I think it ended up being $500 each for the initial cost and then a little extra for extra for the extra pack animals we needed to get our gear in and out and I tipped the guide well for coming in quickly and retrieving the meat for me in a timely fashion. (we were able to hike to the top of the tallest peak nearby and get a message out to him on a cell phone) Awesome trip in some of the most beautiful country in the world in my humble opinion. Will probably do this trip again!!!

facebookvideo.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

Amazing trip, had the time of our lives up there. It is one of the few places in the state where you get the opportunity to hunt elk during the rut(with a rifle), the season opens in the back country in that unit September 15th. We spotted that bull on top of a ridge about 1200 yards away. My buddy bugled him in (satelite bull by himself) He came charging in and stopped along the way every time he got close to a tree and raked the shit out of the trees with his antlers! He was pissed, he was coming to kick our ass! He stopped the last time to rake a tree at 300 yards and I dumped him with the 30/06! By far the most amazing thing I have personally witnessed while in the field hunting! Awesome!

I have been on six hunts with Table Mountain Outfitters out of Cheyenne, Wyoming and I recommend the highly. Scott and Angie are great people and are straight shooters, they do what they say they will, they run a good hunt with top noch guides.
I have taken elk, antelope, and mule deer with them.

I have had great success with Hooks and Horns outdoor in South Texas. Norris is a great guy with plenty of experience and knowledge to get you on the animal of your dreams.

I am looking forward to fishing with his son this summer for some huge Reds in Port Aransas. If they are half as good fishing guides as they are hunting guides I will be bringing a wall hanger back for sure.

this has been dead for a while but its getting to be about that time of year again. so bump for hopefully continuing to compile knowledge and insight to help others have good experiences and stay away from misfortunes

anyone know good whitetail outfitter in saskatchewan?

It's not hunting but fishing.
Redoubt Mountain Lodge in Alaska is awesome for silver salmon, sockeye, and such. Super nice people and very helpful. The food is outstanding and the accommodations where great.

Thanks for the posts.