• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good guys win one

Also fwiw, I don’t think they have a leg to stand on with the “minor in a contract” stuff.
Mom was the purchaser and I guarantee she had to sign a consent for FFA or 4H which included the sale.
The contract is with mom, not the kid.

Reactions: Howland
No offense intenred but your first line or two happens in all shown livestock, all over rural America every year and has as long as I remember. Kids get attached to some of them. It’s unfortunate but it happens. Hell, I’m attached to my cattle. Sometimes you just can’t help it.
There are currently a huge number of people involved with ag either directly or tangentially that started in 4h or FFA showing something. Mainly good people and I’d like to think the growing up in that pursuit helped form that person.
Wasnt there or involved but this looks like a parenting or adult failure.
Yeah, kind of beat this goat to death. I started doing AQHA when I was that age but my point is that the girls mother had to know how this would go, and the organizers had to know the massive potential for it as well with random little girls having a pet for a few months. Very predictable and just a bad idea. We used to have other kids over and show them around and let them feed ect then explain what happens at a sale and how the meat ends up at the grocery store. Seems like a lot better way to teach kids about all of this but honestly I'm bored of this topic now. Cheers

Reactions: Dewey7271
It was made clear to us as kids that most of our pets were edible. Farm life!

Sirhr

My parents used to complain to my brother and I for treating our rabbits like pets. We didn't care. Rabbit pups are adorable! Used to be so funny to watch the pups learning how to control their hind legs and jump up in the air for no reason. Then of course they grow up and get ugly and fat and tear the shit out of your arms with their hind legs when you try to pick them up.

Then.. .Hassenpfeffer!

Only pet (other than dogs and cats) that didn't get eaten was a goat. Until he head-butted the neighbor's Mercedes. Then he went to... another farm. These day's I'd have chowed down on her. Because goat is awesome. But in the 1980's in Vermont, Goat might as well have been Narwahl or Kudu. Ketchup was considered a spice. Stupid New Englanders.

Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: Howland
Then.. .Hassenpfeffer!

Only pet (other than dogs and cats) that didn't get eaten was a goat. Until he head-butted the neighbor's Mercedes. Then he went to... another farm. These day's I'd have chowed down on her. Because goat is awesome. But in the 1980's in Vermont, Goat might as well have been Narwahl or Kudu. Ketchup was considered a spice. Stupid New Englanders.

Cheers!

Once upon a time there were laws about how many times a week you could feed your slaves lobster because it was considered too cruel to feed that to them all the time...

Once upon a time there were laws about how many times a week you could feed your slaves lobster because it was considered too cruel to feed that to them all the time...
Was fed to prisoners of war on prison ships all through the Revolutionary War. Was considered prisoner food.

Though I am guessing it did not come steamed 'just so' with herbed butter and lemon and a nice side salad.

Guessing steaming pots of lobster that was probably not fresh and live when they started a-biling it!

Sirhr

Reactions: supercorndogs
The part that blew me away about this - besides CA hero’s driving 500 miles to get a 4H goat , is that even the BUYER of said 4H goat was okay with taking his money back even minus the commission to the fair grounds (7%) . So seller wanted to keep it - buy said okay and a dick from a county fair called the hero squad . And they got a fucking warrant and drive 500 fucking miles to retrieve a fucking goat . In CA , murder meth homeless street shitter capital of the west coast .
Back the blue -

This is in my backyard. Moronic on all levels. I highly doubt there is any sort of father in the little girls life.

I sold my first 4H lamb at 9, fucker would follow me around the yard right next to my puppy. I was sad after the sale but I got over it and raised many more. If I can, I’ll get my own kids into 4H when the time comes. The tax payer footing the bill for cops driving all over NorKal pisses me off as much as the dumb cunt that stole the stupid goat.

All the guys talking about this being the little girl’s pet missed a detail. They didn’t raise it at home. My folks place is only a couple acres but all our animals were there. Often there are farms that donate space for kids in the burbs to keep their animals. I’m not saying that’s bad but those were always the kids that didn’t hardly put in the work, sucked at showmanship, with libtard parents and none of them lasted very long. Certainly didn’t jackpot or raise multiple animals for different fairs. I didn’t work very hard at it once I started high school but my sister spent hours in the barn everyday working with her lambs, not what happened here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the mom was doing all of this for attention. The vast majority of single mothers are good for one thing only, and it ain’t raisin kids.

I'm for the goat, or was, before they slaughtered it.

The daughter, goat and I would have gone on the lamb.

ba-dum-chi