• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Good News! ‘American Guns’ is done

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
This show was a total fucking joke an an insult to real gun owners. Looks like the article is trying to blame it on the shooting but also says the the decision was made awhile ago!

There will not be a third season of Discovery‘s docu reality series American Guns. The show, about a family of gun makers, has been drawing attention following Friday’s elementary school shooting in a Connecticut in which 26 people — including 20 first-grade children — were gunned down by a 20-year-old whose mom was a gun collector. There have been angry messages posted by viewers on the show’s Facebook page. American Guns has now been cancelled. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Discovery sources indicate the decision was quietly made awhile ago</span></span>, however it didn’t come to light until today. “American Guns concluded earlier this year,” a spokesperson said. “Discovery Channel chose not to renew the series and has no plans to air repeats of the show.” The fact that the network is not even keeping repeats of the show on the air indicate that the Connecticut tragedy may have played at least some part in the decision.

The second season of American Guns got off to a strong start in April with 1.15 HH rating, 0.87 in adults 25-54 and 0.79 in adults 18-49, up 50% from last year’s series premiere. But the ratings subsequently dropped off and, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">in the end, Season 2 finished down double-digits from Season 1. I hear Discovery brass also felt there was no story left to tell, contributing to the cancellation decision.</span> </span>American Guns joins two veteran Discovery series that have been recently cancelled: Dirty Jobs and American Chopper.

Re: Good News! ‘American Guns’ is done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NBC is cancelling all gun related shows as well.

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/nbc_sports_network_cancels_gun_programming

F*&k NBC </div></div>

I think NBC's action is 'possibly' in response to the shooting but Discovery's wasn't. I suspect NBC is purging it's gun related programs so they can't be labeled as being hypocritical (we all know what side they're on). That's too bad though because unlike American Guns that show was real and interesting.

No more story to tell? Paige could have take a job down the road at La Boheme and had some adventures with her coworkers there. That would make for quality TV and not be insulting to anyone.

Just sayin'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dsink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they take Sons of Guns with it.. </div></div>

Is that show still on?

The NBC Sports Network broadcast fishing shows in lieu of scheduled hunting shows today. Really? Hank Parker 3D or similar shows got replaced why? Most of the show personalities were stick & string hunters anyway.

I won't miss either of those shows but will really miss the hunting shows...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NBC is cancelling all gun related shows as well.

http://www.3gunnation.com/news/nbc_sports_network_cancels_gun_programming

F*&k NBC</div></div>

Which would be fine, except they won't take off all their stupid cop/detective shows that have someone killed by a gun every episode.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

But!! Two days or so after Newtown, the Dickhead Channel is running a show about the Zombie Apocalypse! Bunch of idiots with straight faces talking about the upcoming Zombie takeover, and shooting lots of hi-cap AR's at pop up zombie targets. Total BS, and really bad range safety going on to boot. I can't stand this crap!!!!

This sucks. It is a tragedy what happened, but taking shows off just because they have guns. Are they taking Top Shot away to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Z82deadeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks. It is a tragedy what happened, but taking shows off just because they have guns. Are they taking Top Shot away to? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Discovery sources indicate the decision was quietly made awhile ago</span></span></div></div>

Didnt watch any of the shows. Its kinda crappy that there dumping em though . They wont kill all these damn zombie shows but anything semi reality based has to go. Its all for the children. Watching a fake gun shop BAD
Watching elmo GOOD.
Watching a math teacher cook meth GOOD
watching wierdos dancing and singing GOOD
watching hunting BAD!
watching jayz talk about guns and drugs GOOD
Watching 3 gun BAD
I guess I can officially say I am out of touch with society.

Terrible show... and as someone said above... I hope Sons of Guns goes too. Total crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched it for the cleavage. </div></div>

LOL