• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good night ol Boy

swarrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
Commiefornia (Ridgcrest)
I lost my best friend of 11yrs today. He had a tumor rupture in his head after he ran into a glass door on Friday night. He went into a seizures early Saturday morning, and after 48hrs at the vet he was unable to move anything from the neck down. He was my best friend, my companion, and my night watch, he loved my family and was loved heart and soul by us all. I made the hardest call I have ever made and watched as he fell asleep in my wifes arms at 1431 today. His name was Shadow and he was a Weimaraner, I know that he lived a good life and he was a blessing to me and my family. He was one of a kind and he will live forever in my heart. I am unsure why men have such an attachment to there K-9s, but I know that his lost will be with me for a long while.

Sleepy.jpg

ImtheBaby.jpg

DadsChair.jpg

Re: Good night ol Boy

My heart goes out to You Bro. I'm on My 2nd Weimmie and could not think of a more perfect companion.
"Some people will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get."

RIP Shadow

i am so so so sorry to here this man i was never really a dog guy till i got my bloodhound and she is the world to me she is my best friend even tho we have a 6 week son now it totally breaks my heart to even think of her being gone so i can even imagine what your going through u will see him again some way or another once again so sorry for your loss RIP

Man, there have been way too many pet losses here lately. Very sorry for your loss. Shadow was beautiful!

Sorry for your loss Swarrick. It really sucks to lose a companion and friend unexpectedly. I know I miss my companion still. May Shadow rest in peace.

sorry to hear about this man. i had to take 5 vacation days for my dogs. it never gets easier. he looks like a good friend. you will see him again when you get to the rainbow bridge.

rainbow.jpg

It has been a day and it still SUCKS, my heart still hurts and I keep expecting him to come around the corner. He was such a dumbass but damit he was my dumbass!

AXEMAN- I do believe he will be there under a big shade tree waiting on me probably carring one of my old boots around whinnig and side stepping as I get closer.

Sorry for your loss. My buddy Gunner will be there waiting on him and show him the ropes.

Very sorry Swarrick. At least we had a few weeks to prepare for the loss of our Dax.

It may sound trite but when you are ready, another pup will help you get over some of the ache you are feeling and is also an honor to Shadow's memory. He'd want you to have a companion and someone to mind the door.

He looks like a fine dog.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dogs are family and each and every one of them that finds us for a lifetime is always well remebered for what they brought to our lives </div></div>

+100000,,,,sorry for your loss, it is very tough to lose a best friend

The only problem with dogs is they don't live long enough. I lost my 13 year old Lab/Weim a year ago and I still miss him. I think first dogs are like first girlfriends. You never really get over them.

Sorry for your loss. They are mans best friends.
Here you have some lines from Napoleon.(Sorry if there are any mistakes in translation)

“Perhaps it was the spirit of that time and place what affected me so much. But I can assure you that no other event of my battlefields impressed me so vividly. I did a stop in my trip to observe the spectacle and to reflect on what was it's meaning.
I understood that that soldier must have had friends at home and in his regiment; nevertheless, it was lying there left by all except for his dog... I had observed impassively battles that decided the future of nations. Without releasing not even a tear I had given orders that took thousands of men to the death, but here I was feeling affected, deeply affected, up to coming to the tears. Wherefore?. For the sadness of a dog.”
Napoleon Bonaparte, on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master.

"There are two kinds of fidelity, that of dogs and that of cats; you, gentleman, have the fidelity of cats who never leave the house."
Napoleon Bonaparte, to French courtiers who had not followed him to Elba, after he escaped from there.

Always hard when a good pet passes.

We had a great doggie, shepard, colly mix grew up with the kids a good friend always. My son went to feed him 4 years ago in the yard and he was gone, laying in his spot. He was 14, it sure was hard. We waited a year and saved another good doggie at the pound and she is great. She looks like the first doggie but short hair and blond. We have pics of the first one and he will always be with us as your Shawdow will be too..