• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good PORTABLE Steel Target Stand?

Not really bolt related but...
I got these brackets for cheap off Amazon, it was like 25 bucks for 6 sets a few years back. Then it’s just some emt tubing; its a hole to slide emt through for the cross piece and then two prongs that slide down inside the legs. They can also be screwed to a 2x4 if you dont mind that getting splintered up eventually.
IMG_0647.jpeg

If you have a welder I made a little brackets, three angled legs out of 3/4" square tubing that I can slide 1/2" rebar sections into. They are angled the same way the above are pictured. Must be old enough that I dont have pic on this phone anymore. But 1/2" rebar is a bit heavier weight and so unless you are hanging a full ipsc its probably a bit overkill to lug around.
Edit: here’s a clip from the background of a more recent pic of what I’m trying to describe even if its not all pictured
IMG_0528.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
JC Steel makes a 2x4 stand that takes either 2x4's for steel or 1x3's for paper.

- TPost
- Steel Target of your choice
- MK Machining TPost Target Mount

I use these on my pistol range, and they’re excellent. Website has 5-packs at a discounted rate as well.
MK Machining sells steel as well if you need it, and he’s a member here (don’t remember his name).

Reactions: Lil' Tone

Another T-post option. I have these and have not had any problems with targets falling/dropping. I've shot my plates with a wide variety of calibers from 22 LR up to 300 RUM and they've held strong with everything that has been thrown at them.

Grab a few set, toss them in your bag, a few t-posts and a pounder from your hardware/farm supply store of choice and you can set up a range wherever you've got the space.

Depends on how big a target and method for hanging?

I like cts for tpost and 2x4 style