• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

good price for used ar receiver?

Whats a good price for one assembled?

That's like asking "What's a good price to pay for a used car?"

Sure...its a question...but it lacks in the critical info required to give you an honest, much less even close to being in the ballpark, answer.

What sort of "upper" are you talking about? Stripped but for the "upper completion parts" like forward asst assembly, ejection port door assembly, etc.? Complete with barrel, gas system, etc. ready to drop on a lower and start shooting? If complete, what components were use in terms of make/model barrel, handguard, etc., etc., etc., etc.?

Forward asst, ejection port door, with no barrel i found one i want to use. Looking for a flat top with m4 feed ramps

Forward asst, ejection port door, with no barrel i found one i want to use. Looking for a flat top with m4 feed ramps

High quality forged uppers in that configuration can be had new in the box from multiple retailers for ~$125 and less. I wouldn't pay more than 80% of the value of a brand new one for a used model (or put another way ~$75-$100 max).

That's like asking "What's a good price to pay for a used car?"

Sure...its a question...but it lacks in the critical info required to give you an honest, much less even close to being in the ballpark, answer.

What sort of "upper" are you talking about? Stripped but for the "upper completion parts" like forward asst assembly, ejection port door assembly, etc.? Complete with barrel, gas system, etc. ready to drop on a lower and start shooting? If complete, what components were use in terms of make/model barrel, handguard, etc., etc., etc., etc.?

AR15 or AR10?

What make is it and what upper parts kit does it have?
i can get a barrel kit from del-ton 1 in 9 twist. 20 inch for about $215 (i think that was the price) or close to it... starting to think building one is darn near as much as a complete 20 in flat top from del-ton thay have one for $416.00 .if i remember think it has BCG with it... i do reload so im sure i can make it shoot ... all my guns have factory barrels and drive tacks out to 300 yards

i can get a barrel kit from del-ton 1 in 9 twist. 20 inch for about $215 (i think that was the price) or close to it... starting to think building one is darn near as much as a complete 20 in flat top from del-ton thay have one for $416.00 .if i remember think it has BCG with it... i do reload so im sure i can make it shoot ... all my guns have factory barrels and drive tacks out to 300 yards

Don't be so sure with regard to Del-ton stuff...they aren't exactly top tier (or even middle tier) when it comes to AR parts/components/etc., but then again...you aren't paying for that level of quality with them either. It takes a good barrel to make any AR shoot well (along with a quality trigger and a FF tube/handguard) and the Del-ton stuff is NOT in my experience with their "kits" and other stuff over the years.

Del-Ton barrels are made by Wilson, the same company that makes the lauded WOA, JPs, and several others. They are a good quality barrel with good accuracy at a decent price. The whole assemblies and BCGs are about on par with PSA and other bargain vendors...I would opt for better parts.

Del-ton barrels used to be Wilson BLANKS (and may still somewhat), but they have also used "Mossberg" blanks as well and they have confirmed that fact. However, a barrel blank is but a part of the equation. Del-ton turns their barrels in house (takes the blanks and "finishes" them for install on an AR). Furthermore, I have seen a couple Del-ton barrels over the years that suffered from poor finish work, including one with a crown that could have been done with a dull grapefruit spoon, another with a gas port that was WELL OVERSIZED, and others that have had some nasty burring on the gas ports/into the barrel. I do not trust the quality of anything from Del-ton and I would advise others to be wary of their wares and, at a minimum, if you go that route, check and double-check and be sure that its up to snuff when you get it in hand.

Question..... these upper makers/assemblers...... if the rework and chamber a blank... how do they orient the gas port hole......????

Question..... these upper makers/assemblers...... if the rework and chamber a blank... how do they orient the gas port hole......????

Each barrel has a pin on barrel extension. It goes into a groove in the receiver. All AR barrels drop in.

IMHO, save your money which may save you from some future headaches, do it right and get this one : BCM Upper Receiver Assembly - M4 Flat Top

The reasons why are below:

***Built to the correct Mil-Specs.
***(Inside Diameter for barrel extension slightly undersized for a tighter fit to the barrel and a more accurate rifle.)***

Features
• Precision machined to correct Mil-Specs from 7075 T6 Forgings
• Fully Assembled with forward assist, and ejection port cover
• Mil-Std 1913 Rail for mounting optics and accessories
• Machined for use with barrels that use an M4 barrel extension
• Laser etched T-markings for addressing the remounting of optics
• Includes Mil-Spec Forward Assist with heat treated tool steel pawl, with press fit and pinned cap
• Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class2
• Dry Film Lube on interior bore per Mil-Specs
• Made in the U.S.A.