• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Good read on FFP vs SFP myths (with pics)!

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
Found this thread on another forum that had some nice information with pics/examples. Looks like the OP decided to update his original post with some updated pics.

FFP vs SFP Myths

I'm not taking sides with this, just thought it was a good read and post by the OP. The comparison of pics of the FFP at magnifications was nice.

Cheers,
Hawk

Re: Good read on FFP vs SFP myths (with pics)!

Good read thanks for the post, only having my ffp for a short while I wish all my scope were such

Orkan is alive and kicking and still doing his bay window reviews.

I happen to agree with him on the FFP/SFP subject.

wow, the shooting from inside your house alone is worth the read and quite possibly the best argument ever for buying a supressor as a civie.

I want to shoot from inside my house!

Good read and comparison of the two.

IIRC, he was on the other side of the FFP fence before he ran off to be the big fish in his own little pond....

well that is a good read , true to yes I am taking side's
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IIRC, he was on the other side of the FFP fence before he ran off to be the big fish in his own little pond.... </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">sobrbiker883</span>,

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">orkan</span></span> WAS <span style="font-style: italic">"on the other side of the FFP fence"</span>, but he didn't run off to be the big fish in his own little pond - he was locked-out. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">orkan</span></span> was banned on Sniper Central and I believe he was also banned on Sniper's Hide for his unacceptable behavior and generally being - in <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">orkan</span></span>'s own words...<span style="font-style: italic">"a douchbag"</span>.

You may also recall that <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">orkan</span></span> could dish it out but he couldn't take it, and coupled with his bashing of anyone who disagreed with him when he was so clearly in the wrong and/or talking out of his ass the inevitable happened. Then he took his marbles home and created his own playhouse where he could be king to all those just discovering FFP scopes.

Keith

Oh I recall his shortcomings, just couldn't recall his line on the FFP/SFP debate last night.
I just found it amusing and ironic for his FFP promo to be linked here, having argued with him more than once in the past (and I thought I reacalled FFP/SFP being the bone of contention one of those fiascos) but I doubt the OP know the back story...

Not a bad read. I enjoy information for what it is, and for what I can take from it.

The main reason SFP is bad news is because its VERY hard to make a scope with consistent POI through the magnification range. Since most cheaper scopes opt for SFP its highly unlikely that the money has been invested to ensure that the poi doesnt move.

The only reason that S&B added the SFP option to the PMII line was to appease the US market who at the time had gotten used to SFP.

The more you use FFP the more you realise why it makes sense. FFP ensures confidence when you take that shot at 4x mag or 16x mag that the bullet is going exactly where you think it is.

When hunting in the dark also i forget which mag im at and on a SFP i thought a fox was much closer than it really was and i missed.

Now with my P3 milldot i know how many dots the fox is in size at 100 yards and i can tell if its closer or further away.

I really hate going back to SFP now

Good read if you can wade through the smugness of his commentary.

Not surprised he's been banned from other forums given his presentation style. Some people just don't realize that it's not all in the information being conveyed, but sometimes the delivery method is important as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The main reason SFP is bad news is because its VERY hard to make a scope with consistent POI through the magnification range. Since most cheaper scopes opt for SFP its highly unlikely that the money has been invested to ensure that the poi doesnt move.... </div></div>

Would you please elaborate on this? Thanks

Thought it was good information, thought he did a bit of the ol slight of hand with the deer pics but good stuff.

I didnt see it as smug, but I guess some are more gentile than me and frost up pretty quick.

I've seen some pretty snarky, cuss ridden commentary get rave reviews, might be pretty subjective as to what crosses some unacceptable line.

i dont know the guy but the info is good for someone like me who has never looked through a FFP. My question is... If anyone can answer... is the Razor that much more thicker then Premiere or S&B etc? Im not saying the thickness is bad but I much prefer the finer cross hair.

good read... im envious of dude that can shoot out their windows of their homes without any problems.