• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got 2k to spend help me out!

ChitownCopper

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2019
Got 2k to spend on a rifle. I reload already for 308 so that caliber is attractive but open to others. Target and maybe coyotes shooting. Help me out

If that $2k doesn't include optic there are too many great options to list them all. For instance you can pickup a trued 700 with chassis from @RWSGunsmithing with barrel and caliber of your choice for $2k or you can build something yourself on a custom action like a bighorn or you can go with a MPA PRS rifle or a used TRG22 or... this list goes on and on. You'll need to be more specific in what you're looking for or recommendations will be all over the map.

If you're not really sure what you're looking for I would suggest taking a step back and picking up something on the lower end of your budget like the Tikka CTR's and spending a bunch of money on ammo to gain some more experience/preferences. They are accurate enough right out of the box and hold reasonable resale value for if/when you decide you want something else.

Let's see, a 308 rifle under $2k. That narrows it down to about 500 options.

So I guess I'm going to buy the defiance or I'mpact action not sure which one. No looking for a barrel.

Keystone Accuracy if you want it fast.

I'm sure there are others but my barrels from John have taken a week and a half to two weeks and shoot great. Next barrel coming is a green mountain but my others are krieger's and have been great.

Could also do a barrel from josh at PVA, might take a little longer but his stuff shoots lights out.

Ditch the 308 and move over to 6mm either dasher, bra, cm, brx and stop wasting money on 180’s when you can save 30-40 percent.

Have you looked at the snipers hide edition Ashbury precision? It's sub 2k and a pretty good deal for what you get.

Reactions: Zeroit
The tikka or bighorn option great way to go
I just did the bighorn route the whole gun including trigger and stock $1850. not including optic

If you actually have $2,000 avaiable. Withdraw it in cash and lock it up. When this virus situation is over...come back here and ask.

tika has some nice options , maybe a savage or not sure how much they are now a days the rpr is always a nice option most important is what glass you put on Id cheap on the gun and spend more on the glass you can always buy another gun down the road then you move the better scope or buy better glass to it and start the process over for your next rifle then you will have 3 or 6 scopes . Then when you get 100 rifles you will need glass for all and bi pods and triggers and oh fancy barrels and bags and lots of ammo and reloading equipment if you don't have it already happy shopping and may what ever you buy work well for you .

Why lock it up. Dont understand

He's saying that prices are inflated right now due to the virus panic. Once the panic buying is over your dollar will go further as the inflated prices come back down.

Holds more true for sub-$1,000 items, but there is some truth to it at all price levels if the panic lasts any length of time.

Defacto BA w/trigger them pick a stock
?‍♂️

Reactions: Secant
The defecto with a KRG bravo and you should be under 1500, leaving a little more meat for anything else you want.

Reactions: Secant
I would shop the PX. The defacto might be a great deal but nobody really knows yet. The IBI barrels are unknown to me. You should be able to get a MPA barreled action for around 1500. I would probably go that route. If I couldn't find something in the PX.

The tikka or bighorn option great way to go
I just did the bighorn route the whole gun including trigger and stock $1850. not including optic
What was your build? That sounds like a good price for a custom build. Got any pics of it?

What was your build? That sounds like a good price for a custom build. Got any pics of it?
I get barell in mail tomorrow and pic up action Wednesday and I'll get pics
Bighorn orgin 10% off at brownies
Criterion barrel $320
Mpa lite chassis from hide ex $500
Bixand andy tacsport $175 hide ex

I think my origin build was like right around 2k but I had some more premium parts and sorta got ripped off on my barreled action since I wanted one the day they became available.

I think I may save another 1k and get a srs a2 covert I just read 245 pages and think I'm hooked

I think I may save another 1k and get a srs a2 covert I just read 245 pages and think I'm hooked

It's definitely a unique option. That uniqueness does come with some quirks. I enjoy mine. Just be aware the quirks of uniqueness make it far from ideal for PRS. It can work, but takes a greater effort than other options.

Also realize you're going to blow your budget out of the water going that route. $2,600 gets you just the A2 chassis, no bolt, no barrel, no magazine. Conversion kits with the barrel, mag and bolt will run you another $1500. If you're willing to consider the older heavier A1 chassis you can find them, if you look around a bit, used with chassis, bolt, mag and barrel for under $3k.

You could piece together a sick rifle all with parts on the px right now, including barreled actions that are out there