• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a bankruptcy notice from Jallen today

MDT’s reaction
10EC7267-C75F-4C97-ADD2-51DC12E13884.gif

I guess I got lucky and owe Surgeon for taking a year to get me my action or else I would of got screwed as well. I was afraid the action was never coming so I held off on ordering the chassis for it until I had the action in hand.

Reactions: Ravenworks
as said before...

this is why i never get involved in pre-orders and why i stopped buying custom rifles (that are part by part chosen not a offered / company build like a GAP Crusader etc)

nothing in this industry is special enough to hold my money for 6-12 months with no real end date in sight, when i can call Euro optic and have a AXMC at my door in a few days

too many fish in the sea

someone should post the names of the owners of JAE so when they pop up at another company everyone knows not to deal with them

All gun forums. Need to post the names of these people. The company name. And where they live.

Reactions: Bender
I got a bankruptcy notice from the us bankruptcy court today in regards to J Allen....

I'm beyond pissed. They stole my money and are now trying to write it off as chapter 7. I ordered a $1650 chassis from them in march of last year. They kept the money, never produced the chassis, wouldnt return emails or calls, and now expect it to be written off in a chapter 7.

Anyone else get the shaft by them? If so, what did you or can I do about it?
SUCKS! No doubt about it.

I wonder how MDT feels about purchasing their equipment now? I know it's not directly their fault, but I'm sure in full transparency they were aware of J Allen's impending Chapter 7 filing.

I wonder how MDT feels about purchasing their equipment now? I know it's not directly their fault, but I'm sure in full transparency they were aware of J Allen's impending Chapter 7 filing.
It’s not indirectly their fault either. I’m sure they feel fine considering J Allen’s bankruptcy didn’t concern them in the least. They won’t honor J Allen’s back log nor should they.

I’m sure they feel fine. J Allen’s bankruptcy didn’t concern them.

Never said it effected them. But knowing that J Allen screwed hard working folks out of money definitely impacts my decision to purchase one. I wanted one for my Vudoo. I won't be purchasing one from MDT as the situation stands currently whether it's their fault or not. I vote with my wallet.

Never said it effected them. But knowing that J Allen screwed hard working folks out of money definitely impacts my decision to purchase one. I wanted one for my Vudoo. I won't be purchasing one from MDT as the situation stands currently whether it's their fault or not. I vote with my wallet.
Unless MDT was affiliated with j allen before the bankruptcy
I don't understand why they should be
Held responsible
Or why you would punish yourself by not buying something you want from them unless it benefits
j allen in some way.
Personally I never cared for their over priced chassis
But what do i know!

I dont get the correlation at all. Its not there. I won’t be buying one either but not because of your reasoning.

I wonder how many people J Allen screwed like the OP? I’m sure they screwed their vendors as well.

Last edited:
I dont get the correlation at all. Its not there. I won’t be buying one either but not because of your reasoning.

I wonder how many people J Allen screwed like the OP? I’m sure they screwed their vendors as well.

The correlation is one doesn't make a major acquisition of a company without knowing all of the warts. The valuation isn't just the assets, it's also the debts and potential creditors. I find it doubtful and highly unlikely that MDT was unaware of the entire situation. That's why they purchased the assets prior to the bankruptcy filing. The alternative would've been filing for chapter 7 first, THEN listing the company for sale. But that wouldn't have been beneficial for either parties because a trustee would've been assigned to sell the assets to pay the debts, in this case people who were owed a stock and other creditors. See the correlation now?

Last edited:
Looks like you have 60 days from the bill containing the charge in question:

The Fair Credit Billing Act
To dispute a billing error on your credit card, you must:
n Write to the credit card issuer at the address for “billing inquiries,” not the address for sending your payments (the address for billing inquiries is often found on the back of your most recent
monthly statement); include your name, address, account number and a description of the billing error. A sample letter is included on page 3.
n Send your letter so that it reaches the credit card issuer within 60 days after the first bill containing the error was mailed to you.
n Send your letter by certified mail, return
receipt requested, so you have proof of what the credit card issuer received. Include copies (not originals) of sales slips or other documents that support your position. Keep a copy of your dispute letter.
n It is important to send the letter to the correct company. In the case of Visa and MasterCard, you should send it to the bank that issued
the card.
The credit card issuer must acknowledge your complaint in writing within 30 days after receiving it, unless the problem has already been resolved. And the credit card issuer must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (but not more than 90 days) after receiving your letter.

That's one part of it, but there's the other part that said this, which is why I mentioned it.

"You placed an order with a catalog company and they charged your credit card immediately. The catalog company contacts you two weeks later and says the shipment will be delayed 60 days. You agree to the delay. The 60 days have passed and you don’t have the merchandise. Can you still dispute the charge?

Maybe. In delayed shipment situations, credit card issuers often are more generous when they calculate the time for allowing disputes. To take advantage of this flexibility, include the following information in your dispute letter."

Not my money, I don't care, but if someone took $1,650 of my money and I got nothing for it, I'd try every possibly avenue available. I'd call the FTC and my credit card company for sure. It's not a dispute about a faulty product, it's fraud. They charged you for something you never got. That's quite different than sending you a pair of pants that ripped 2 months after you got them.

The correlation is one doesn't make a major acquisition of a company without knowing all of the warts. The valuation isn't just the assets, it's also the debts and potential creditors. I find it doubtful and highly unlikely that MDT was unaware of the entire situation. That's why they purchased the assets prior to the bankruptcy filing. The alternative would've been filing for chapter 7 first, THEN listing the company for sale. But that wouldn't have been beneficial for either parties because a trustee would've been assigned to sell the assets to pay the debts, in this case people who were owed a stock and other creditors. See the correlation now?
That's one part of it, but there's the other part that said this, which is why I mentioned it.

"You placed an order with a catalog company and they charged your credit card immediately. The catalog company contacts you two weeks later and says the shipment will be delayed 60 days. You agree to the delay. The 60 days have passed and you don’t have the merchandise. Can you still dispute the charge?

Maybe. In delayed shipment situations, credit card issuers often are more generous when they calculate the time for allowing disputes. To take advantage of this flexibility, include the following information in your dispute letter."

Not my money, I don't care, but if someone took $1,650 of my money and I got nothing for it, I'd try every possibly avenue available. I'd call the FTC and my credit card company for sure. It's not a dispute about a faulty product, it's fraud. They charged you for something you never got. That's quite different than sending you a pair of pants that ripped 2 months after you got them.
This^^^^
Go after the guilty

I got a bankruptcy notice from the us bankruptcy court today in regards to J Allen....

I'm beyond pissed. They stole my money and are now trying to write it off as chapter 7. I ordered a $1650 chassis from them in march of last year. They kept the money, never produced the chassis, wouldnt return emails or calls, and now expect it to be written off in a chapter 7.

Anyone else get the shaft by them? If so, what did you or can I do about it?
I’m no help but i feel your pain. The sob that started this bankruptcy crap ought to be shot. If you owe me, you owe me till i say you don’t!!!

Depending on the type of company, you could take the owners to small claims court. Especially if someone at the company pocketed the money from the MDT deal.

If it were me, I would call the sheriffs office in Yorba Linda and report a theft.

21520-G YORBA LINDA Blvd., Yorba Linda, California, 92887, United States
It's not a theft. He willingly sent them the money and entered into a contract. It is a civil issue.

Dude make a go fund me page and put the link on here. I’m good for $10. Bet this group will help you out. Shit that’s 7 pulls of the trigger

Reactions: Tokay444
Makes sense why MDT just bought the patents and tooling and left the rest of it alone. Definitely didn’t need to take on that sinking ship.

Sucks you got screwed though. They really were a nice chassis system and the price pint was high enough that it’s hard to see how a business could lose itself so badly on a product that sold fairly well.

I would keep your eye on J Allen. Ususally these guys screw a bunch of folks out of their money and resurface trying to sell the same thing under a different name.

i had a person who was selling their wares online. Then they didn’t like how salesman #1 was sharing profits. The son tried to jump out and sell the sam3 thing under his name without filling the ripped off people’s orders first. Yea, myself and a couple other folk shut that crap down right now, but they never realized this simple truth.....send folks you ripped off their product and you will make supporters instead of enemies.

Valve stems and a pair of channel locks. Of course you need to be a reasonable distance. Wait until they are out with family at Wally world or dining at a fine restaurant and pull a couple. Sit back and enjoy.
Or just take the lesson and move on. Which is the best advice.
Anything else is not good for your health

Reactions: deersniper
I would keep your eye on J Allen. Ususally these guys screw a bunch of folks out of their money and resurface trying to sell the same thing under a different name.

i had a person who was selling their wares online. Then they didn’t like how salesman #1 was sharing profits. The son tried to jump out and sell the sam3 thing under his name without filling the ripped off people’s orders first. Yea, myself and a couple other folk shut that crap down right now, but they never realized this simple truth.....send folks you ripped off their product and you will make supporters instead of enemies.

Hi,

What in the world are you talking about?
Are you attempting to link what a dealer has done to what JAE has done? I am not getting your example.
And what in the hell type company allows a Salesman to dictate how profits are shared?
Can you name another instance where J Allen people have done this exact thing before as you mention in your first sentence?

The BIG question is did JAE get an approval from DDTC to transfer IP ownership of an ITAR controlled item to a foreign company and yet another question would be at what point did JAE and MDT file for that approval in relation to when JAE started stringing people along saying they would fulfill current orders to serving the Chapter 7 notices......That is the good or bad correlation that MDT is going to have to face because the DDTC license would not have been filed without their knowledge and signatures.

Sincerely,
Theis

We're sorry to hear about your struggles with the JAE closure. To clarify, we did purchase the rights to the design and the tooling that existed. However, we did not purchase the company. At this time, everything is still being sorted out, and we are taking our time to make sure the future of the JAE is going to be a positive one. As the future is decided we will be providing updates and moving forward.

We're sorry to hear about your struggles with the JAE closure. To clarify, we did purchase the rights to the design and the tooling that existed. However, we did not purchase the company. At this time, everything is still being sorted out, and we are taking our time to make sure the future of the JAE is going to be a positive one. As the future is decided we will be providing updates and moving forward.

If you didn't purchase the company, why are you concerned about the future of JAE?

Wonder how many other people got this letter...Its not MDT's responsibility in my opinion to take care of this issue, but would be cool to see them do something in this case. Can't imagine dropping this much on a chassis just to receive a letter in the mail basically saying you're screwed.

Wonder how many other people got this letter...Its not MDT's responsibility in my opinion to take care of this issue, but would be cool to see them do something in this case. Can't imagine dropping this much on a chassis just to receive a letter in the mail basically saying you're screwed.
It pissed me off so much I sold my other rifle with a j Allen chassis on it. Cadex defense is my new one only go to from now on. I have a cadex CDX-50 tremor and I like that chassis a lot. Far superior to the J Allen.

I think it would probably be a smart thing to not make any comments about anything until your deal is finished.

I think it would probably be a smart thing to not make any comments about anything until your deal is finished.
I agree about commenting, but to me, the writing is on the wall. They are probably all for the bankruptcy, and once the company gets a judge to wash away the debt, they are going to buy the whole company. Otherwise they would buy the design, and already be making them. They are hoping this turmoil stays low key, and once its passed then my money is on seeing j Allen open back up under mdts control. If I am wrong, I'll openly apologize, if I am not wrong, then I'll just know who is ok with people being screwed over in this world as long as they can make a buck off it.

Happens all the time to small business owners. I get several a year. Frankly its legal theft and the some of the lowest scum on earth are the bankruptcy lawyers encouraging people to "just make your bills go away" at the expense of others. We have lawyers here and I expect everywhere that do nothing but bankruptcy with commercials on all the time. They convince the masses this lack of personal responsibility is fine, no big deal. I've had customers get pissed because I dismissed them for sticking me with a bill through bankruptcy......they just can't grasp that they have stolen money from me and think since it's legal that business relationships go on as normal post bankruptcy.

Last edited:
I agree about commenting, but to me, the writing is on the wall. They are probably all for the bankruptcy, and once the company gets a judge to wash away the debt, they are going to buy the whole company. Otherwise they would buy the design, and already be making them. They are hoping this turmoil stays low key, and once its passed then my money is on seeing j Allen open back up under mdts control. If I am wrong, I'll openly apologize, if I am not wrong, then I'll just know who is ok with people being screwed over in this world as long as they can make a buck off it.
We already purchased the rights to the design. Production is being worked on now.

We already purchased the rights to the design. Production is being worked on now.
Wow,you seem pretty sure of yourself.
There are a lot of people whom reside on this board with the means to hire someone to do a forensic accounting and investigation.
Your deal could take a big shit if it's found out that they were STEALING people's money before the bankruptcy filing and talks with you.
I'd bet the farm they were in talks with whom ever it was that bought up the design and rights long before they planned on bailing on their customers and employees.
The above was worth a whole lot of money.
God forbid if it's found out anyone had any prior knowledge of the happenings.
This is where you find out who your friends are.
If I was losing my job and knew about any underhanded bullshit going on I'd tell it how it was for free.
Then there are people that will tell the truth when money is involved in a scenario like above.

Believe me when I say it, people with means didn't get it by being stupid.

Wow,you seem pretty sure of yourself.
There are a lot of people whom reside on this board with the means to hire someone to do a forensic accounting and investigation.
Your deal could take a big shit if it's found out that they were STEALING people's money before the bankruptcy filing and talks with you.
I'd bet the farm they were in talks with whom ever it was that bought up the design and rights long before they planned on bailing on their customers and employees.
The above was worth a whole lot of money.
God forbid if it's found out anyone had any prior knowledge of the happenings.
This is where you find out who your friends are.
If I was losing my job and knew about any underhanded bullshit going on I'd tell it how it was for free.
Then there are people that will tell the truth when money is involved in a scenario like above.

Believe me when I say it, people with means didn't get it by being stupid.

Thank you for the feedback. Our apologies if there is any misunderstanding. When the announcement was made in October 2019 the transaction to purchase the rights and equipment had been completed at that time.

Thank you for the feedback. Our apologies if there is any misunderstanding. When the announcement was made in October 2019 the transaction to purchase the rights and equipment had been completed at that time.
So I guess the next thing to do is get a commercial supporter account.
Thanks for giving out that date, I'm sure it could be useful information to some.

Looks to me like JA fucked a lot of people on the way out and they knew what they were doing

Reactions: RadPewPew
Unfortunately that appears to be the case.
Phone records ,CC records would go a long way towards finding the truth.

If I had a dog in this fight I'd start hiring people and burn the whole thing down to the ground.
The fed government hates cheats.