• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Got a new stock for my 700 (pics)

Twisted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
NW Oregon
www.twistedfirearms.com
Before with the stock stock, (Hogue overmold)
rem700stockbefore.jpg

After with a B&C A2 Medalist.

rem700stockafter01.jpg

rem700stockafter02.jpg

Re: Got a new stock for my 700 (pics)

Is that an SPS Remy? If so, do you have any accuracy problem after you dropped it in that stock? I have a 243 action. After I dropped it in the same exact stock, the accuracy went to shit. I am wondering if the action is not sitting properly on the aluminum bedding. Would be curious to know if anyone else has the same problem with that particular stock model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that an SPS Remy? If so, do you have any accuracy problem after you dropped it in that stock? I have a 243 action. After I dropped it in the same exact stock, the accuracy went to shit. I am wondering if the action is not sitting properly on the aluminum bedding. Would be curious to know if anyone else has the same problem with that particular stock model. </div></div>

It is an SPS Tactical. I haven't put a round through it yet with this stock. I literally took the pics less than 5 minutes after installing it. I know that with the Hogue the rifle shot awesome. I've been shooting it mainly at 600 yards and have been holding sub MOA groups. Shooting at the 300 yard targets 2 weeks ago from the 600 yard line I scored 199 out of 200 with 10 hits being in the 3" X. And I know that stock would often touch the barrel.

I plan on getting out to the range within the next week with this setup unless I tear it down for threading before then. I will report back.

Nice! Much better looking now.

Cool hood vents on the XJ as well, I've been thinking of doing something similar with my 98 Cherokee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10/22sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">love that stock, just found my sps action a new home. where did you buy from? </div></div>

I got it from stockystocks. I had watched the classifieds hoping to snag a used one since I'm gonna paint it anyways but only one popped up over that time frame so I figured it must be that nice that people aren't sellin them.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FMJBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Much better looking now.

Cool hood vents on the XJ as well, I've been thinking of doing something similar with my 98 Cherokee. </div></div>

Thank you.

The vents are from a Chrysler Turbo Lebaron. I want to say early 80's. It is a farily common vent to use on the XJ because it fits within the hood supports and provides a lot of air flow. I can't really say it truly makes that much of a difference but it can't hurt any and you can definatly see the hot air coming out of them, especially on slow crawling trails.