• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes got a problem whit prescription glasses

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
shooting standing or kneeling no problem
but prone the top of my prescription glasses crosses the scope ocular, would need a little rope to hold my glasses higher so the lens would be centered in the ocular
any suggestion how to correct this

Re: got a problem whit prescription glasses

I have the same issue, & the way I got around it was to bring the scope up as high as i could,(extra high rings) & then to get comfortable behind the rifle, I raise the bipod, & use a small pillow to help support my chest.(sometimes) I also use the biggest frames I could fit on my face so I have more useable glass to look through. Sux, but thats the only thing I could get to work.

anyone use these type of glasses
championworld2640.jpg

canuck4570 said:
anyone use these type of glasses

Yep.

BUT, look at the first number of your prescription. If it is between -3 and +3, chances are you can get by with not using your prescription in your shooting eye. The scope will have enough diopter correction in it to accommodate your needs with out correction. Keep your script lens in front of your non-shooting eye for other duties, but shoot uncorrected.

Something to consider.

yes I have enough to use only the scope
but if I want to look at my card or whatever I need I can't read
now even if I take of the lens out of the glasses on my shooter eye side I will still have the top bar of these glasses in the way,
I am getting to hate getting old.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: canuck4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone use these type of glasses
championworld2640.jpg
</div></div>

how do you like these glasses canpopper

The purpose of those types of glasses is to align your lens so that a) you are looking through the optical center, assuming the lens is cut with the optical center in the physical center, and b) to have the lens positioned 90 degrees to the light path, both a and b while in your shooting position, with no compromise to your shooting position to accommodate the use of glasses, rather the other way around, the glasses accommodating the shooter.

So yea, I like them real well when used for their intended purpose. Note that they are intended to be used with iron sights, where the aforementioned points are much more critical than when using an optical sight.

Canuck, get some Decot Hi-Wyds, have them positioned high on yoru face, then remove the firing eye lens if it is still in your way. The frames will be out of the way of the scope on the Hi-Wyds if correctly adjusted.

Bausch & Lomb used to make a pair of shooting glasses that had the nose pieces mounted lower on the frame providing more lens at the top of the frame because of this issue. They came standard with a yellow lens but could be changed via an RX.