• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Got me a Kitty!

Tip em over

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2008
Shepherd MT
Still higher than a kite after getting on my first cat Sunday.
Had a decent track we worked Saturday with no success but Sunday was a bit different.
Started at 2:30am looking for some fresh tracks. Did find an average cat we were going to run but my buddy called with a Big Tom track he just cut.
The dogs did awesome and we had the cat tree'd in 2 hours.
The cat went 6'-9". Didn't have access to weigh him. Unflipping believable!
MtnLion006.jpg

MtnLion002.jpg

023.jpg

P1070285.jpg

044.jpg

Re: Got me a Kitty!

Awsome cat,been on a few lung busting hunts myself but haven't got one yet.Great job and a great trophy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, where were you? That is an amazing cat! </div></div>

His pictures look the South Fork of No Tell Um Creek
wink.gif

That is one huge cat. I use to live up by West Glacier, MT. We have seen a few cats through the years but never had a chance to hunt one. I would definitely have to full mount one that big. Very impressed. Congrats!

Thanks guy's! I'll work on the login for the video's. We've got it all on film. It turned out great.
Scott..It's what I was guessing. 150 lbs or so. Going to cost me, but I'm doing a life size stalking pose.

Really nice, it will make a beautiful mount. I like that No Tell Um Creek area, lots of great hunting there
grin.gif

Pics when it is done so I can show the wife what i want to do if I ever get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ted Nugent says Kitty backstrap is unbelievable...
</div></div>

I was actually going to ask if Mt Lion was good to eat?

Cat, the other white meat! Congratulations, man. That's pretty sweet!

Awesome man!Great pics.Kudos to the cat too,tough animals.What are the specs on your Rifle youre running?

Chef Boyardee Nuge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ted Nugent says Kitty backstrap is unbelievable...
</div></div>

Man that is a huge cat, I would love to see him in the corner of a room mounted over a log showing his teeth, that is awesome, sendero man has a beautiful rug also

Sendero man,who ever did you rug,did an outstanding job on it.I think the detail on the face is perfect nose color around the eyes.Just great! I prefer the closed mouth on most rugs.Great...

Congrats and please be sure to post the pictures once mounted.

That is a family heirloom to be proud of for generations!

Those things are way cool....congrats on a great trophy!!!!

Mountain Lion meat is really good eating!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber was that you took him with? </div></div>
It's a 16" RRA chambered in 223.

that looked like a great hunt...looks like a big animal to be hunting with .223....enjoy your trophie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber was that you took him with? </div></div>
It's a 16" RRA chambered in 223. </div></div>

Why not use a bigger caliber? Then you wouldn't need the multiple follow up shots.

Any of you ever seen Jim Clowards house?

Makes it look like a taxidermy shop...

I like cats, hate to see them shot but it is what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of you ever seen Jim Clowards house?

Makes it look like a taxidermy shop...

I like cats, hate to see them shot but it is what it is.

</div></div>

They devastate the elk and deer population here. One kill per cat every 3 to 5 days = lots of dead deer and elk. Taking a few out sure helps everything out....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber was that you took him with? </div></div>
It's a 16" RRA chambered in 223. </div></div>

Why not use a bigger caliber? Then you wouldn't need the multiple follow up shots. </div></div>

I talked to a guy in a Montana sporting goods store a few years ago that claimed what he uses is a Ruger single six in 22 mag, head shots only. After watching the videos in this thread, I'd probably be taking a .30-06.

Nice work and cat but I would have definitely used a bigger caliber. An animal like that or any animal for that matter deserves a little more respect imho.

I could have done without the laughter in the final video, when the animal was still moving after all those shots.

Great cat and congratulations unfortunately, we can't hunt them here. My place is eat up with them and the deer and turkey population is suffering because of it. those urban dwellers and misguided souls attempt to protect what is not endangered. Game management thru emotion not biology.

Congratulations we shot one with a bow and arrow a few years ago but never recovered it - they are tough critters and it can take a lot to knock them down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ted Nugent says Kitty backstrap is unbelievable...
</div></div>

I was actually going to ask if Mt Lion was good to eat? </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">I think Mountain Lion is the BEST wild game meat ON THE PLANET, and it not hard to cook, just treat it like you would any other meat, but cook it like you would pork,</span> to about 150*.
Dave</span>

Guy's..the cat was more than dead with the first shot. It broke the shoulder and blew the chest out. We were attempting to get it done ASAP but as you can tell they have a strong will and heart. I most likely would of let it expire after the first shot, but the guy's I hunt with have far more experience on cats than I do and they wanted it done ASAP.
I'd rather see one cat suffer a bit than the 60+ Deer or Elk this cat would kill a year.

Ive got one leaving tracks along my creek and Im going to try and see if I can draw him in to a preditor call Wed. Wish me Luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got one leaving tracks along my creek and Im going to try and see if I can draw him in to a preditor call Wed. Wish me Luck. </div></div>
Let us know how it turns out!

I agree on the suffering deal with most of you here. I see the same thing every year with deer and various other game, unfortunately our family seems to have a problem with those "zombie deer". It's a part of hunting, and I have a supreme respect for the animal, especially Mt. Lions, hopefully you can get the most out of the mount and meat! Congratulations on the hunt.

nice cat have you gotten the skull measured out yet?

we used to hunt them alot. i miss hearing the blue ticks treeing

good hunting

josh