• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got Me A Life Lesson in Training This Evening...

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
...and at the young and tender age of 51. Been looking into joining a local gun club here in the past 5-6 years. Never have really looked into it that deeply after I saw that it required that I have a Period of instruction under my belt in the past 9 months. That, and I already belong to a club that I love being a member of. My club is a 35 minute drive. This other club that I have been looking into is 7 minutes up the road. Driving factor that has been leading me to this club is that they are heavily into USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge matches. Not to mention the archery side of this club is OUTSTANDING!!! Sooooooo, about 2 months ago I bumped into a fella that is on the board of this "other" club at my favorite Local Gun Shop. He convinced me to take the leap and get the requirements done. Take the 100 question saftey test with at least a 90% passing grade. Check. Go the the State Police and get a Criminal Background Check. Check. Go through a period of instruction on handguns. welllllll... So I emailed one guy for the training, and no reply after 5 weeks. President emails me and says that new member orientation is on Saturday, Dec. 9th at 0730 hours. Damn. I need that training requirement. Emailed Pesident and he gives me 2 more names for the training. Got an email back that this trainer had a block of instruction available on Dec. 8th to fulfill the requirement. WooHoo!!!

So this evening I was trained by a female that is far and above a better handgun shooter than myself. She is very established in USPSA Sport. Bear in mind that this was just a period of instruction to check "that box" in my mind. I mean shit. 8 years of service in the Marine Corps, 5 years in the Army, and 1 tour in Iraq. What the hell would anyone teach me about firearms safety? Well Sheeeeeet. This instructor went above and beyond. She noticed that my handgun grip was straight out of the military, and she showed me a new grip to try. DAMN!!! My groups tightened up from 20 yards. And I'm talking significantly!!! Just mind blown this evening. How many times have we read, right here, training training training. Well damn. We chatted about how I really want to try USPSA, and that's when she modified my grip. I tell ya. If I would of went into that period of instruction with a closed mind, I would of lost out on a lot of great information that was shared with me this evening. Life lesson for this middle aged guy this evening I tell ya. Looking forward to my next block of instruction with this shooter!!! (y)

Damn man, you should change the title so more people read this. Get her name on here. More people need this kind of reminder.
Her name is Devin McManus. Her training company is called Black Dog Firearms Training LLC. And she will be getting more business from me as I truly am looking forward to competing with a handgun in either USPSA, Steel Challenge, or IDPA. That, coupled with her teaching style was the best thing for me this evening.

Dude...you are 51 years old. You are more than 5 decades old. You are more than half way to the century mark. You are well past the "middle aged guy" status.
Sorry to have to be the one to break the news.
Have you been to any sort of end of life counseling? Have burial plots purchased? A will done by a lawyer so your shit isn't in probate for years?

Dude...you are 51 years old. You are more than 5 decades old. You are more than half way to the century mark. You are well past the "middle aged guy" status.
Have you been to any sort of end of life counseling? Have burial plots purchased? A will done by a lawyer so your shit isn't in probate for years?
I was supposed to be dead years ago. Every day on this earth, in this great Country that SHOULD BE GOVERNED Under our Constitution is a blessing. So yuh, I'm middle aged. :cool:

I am older than he is and I flick my boogers at the Angel of Death. Come at me, bruh.

Glad you’re going to start doing some training!

Best training on earf is shooting Bullseye or Precision Pistol for a couple years.

Well, this being the pit and all, I was gonna say post up pics, but you already did, and killed the fantasy. Le Sigh…

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

gun-bunny-lead-trio.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jumper
I have a club that I was going to join close to me that would have saved me at least an hour drive to go long-range shooting I went there for one F Class match and realized I didn't want any part of being around these bunch of know-it-all fudds. I would rather drive two hours and actually have fun while shooting.......fuck all that shit!

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Just think back to the good old days when "club"meant....
What you used on a woman before dragging her home by her hair.

It was the best of times.

:D

• Haha
Reactions: LR1845 and 458win
What NAZI fuck hole of a state do you live in? You gotta get the state police to check if you can join a gun club? Are you even in America? Thank God they had a 12 y/o girl to teach you to shoot. After you learned to shoot, did they make you pay dues?

I am a member of two different gun clubs in two different states and all they asked for was money and an NRA membership card for 20% off the dues. I still volunteered for a few years of board member in one and I donate money and occasionally gear to the juniors at the other.

I too tried USPSA shooting, went to a match and watched two queers with pony-tails practice karate moves on each other in the parking lot. Then a couple of other soybois were swooning over the new bumper pads on their magazines and bumping crotches. We finally got to shoot a few stages and on the first stage I watched puss after pussy went prone to shoot the "long range targets" at 40 yards. I decided it was probably better to stay heterosexual and find a different shooting sport.

And since someone already broached "Teran Butler hoes", did she show you her precious? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Good post OP. Had a similar experience. Fat ass female instructor for a class, thought to myself what does she have to teach me other than the right amount of hoho’s to eat to maintain that physique. Then she shot and ran some drills far better than I. I shut the fuck up and listened after that.

NH has amazing gun laws...but shit gun culture.

All the good ranges are run by boomer fudds and their boomer fudds buddies.

I got kicked out of one range because the VP drove by and saw me and a buddy running move-n-shoot drills(and honestly nothing crazy), he stopped to bitch us out, and when I pointed out everything we were doing was allowed by the club per club rules, he went and lied to the board and said my buddy was pointing a gun at me (buddy wasn't shooting at the time, didnt even have a gun on him)....and of course the board refused to even talk to me about it, and I was bitched out for having the audacity to call the VP a liar.

At another range, was function checking a new AR build.....sent a few rounds down range in pretty quick order...... the RSO (who was apparently teaching a class at the time on another bay) came bombing down in his truck and started yelling demanding to know "who was doing the rapid fire?!"

He then stood and watched us for 15-20 min's to make sure no one fired too fast I guess...dunno what happened to the class he was teaching, lol

The state could really benefit from another few rounds of covid to cull these fucks

Ages ago, I brought a 1919 semi-auto belt-fed rifle to one of the gun clubs here. Those boomer Fudd's were shitting bricks, most of them had no idea what semi-auto even meant, they had all be drafted in the early 1950's and knew we were going to spray bullets everywhere. Never mind the 25 pound gun was hooked to a 25 pound tripod. When we managed to shoot 2" groups at 100 yds and it shot better than they did with their 'o6's they did the same thing. Went to the board and lied, except I was actually on the board.

Thus my purchase of 120 acres of open range fifteen years ago. Nearest house is 2-3 miles away and it is a mile off a public road. Best thing I ever bought. The county shooting ordnance is awesome, it literally says something like, "shooting on private property is allowed if you have five (5) acres and do not fire towards a home or public road". Every fall I invite the guys out and we vaporize a truck load of pumpkins with Tannerite in a Veteran's Day celebration, no one cares. Except the deer, they look forward to it.

I have a great female instructor, she is a 130lb, 30 yr old mom, with a long ponytail and a big smile..... who, if you underestimate her.....would make it mistake of your life.. Kinda like in martial arts, be very careful of a preformed assessment of your opponent. In one of our post credit leo classes, we had some large male ego she was dealing with, so I told her to ask for his gun and outshoot him with it....a big slice of humble pie was served, cold. and the ego was in check. Women have fine motor skills, tons of patience ,and can be very driven individuals. We are fortunate to have them in our shooting sports!

Reactions: UKDslayer
So, I had a semi-urgent need to get a CHL back in 2004, the beginning of my shooting "progression", and I felt the need to take every handugn course available to me inabout a 3 hour radius. At a level II class I attended was one of the best handgun shooters I had EVER seen - she was 67 and shooting an HKP2000.

What NAZI fuck hole of a state do you live in? You gotta get the state police to check if you can join a gun club? Are you even in America? Thank God they had a 12 y/o girl to teach you to shoot. After you learned to shoot, did they make you pay dues?

I am a member of two different gun clubs in two different states and all they asked for was money and an NRA membership card for 20% off the dues. I still volunteered for a few years of board member in one and I donate money and occasionally gear to the juniors at the other.

I too tried USPSA shooting, went to a match and watched two queers with pony-tails practice karate moves on each other in the parking lot. Then a couple of other soybois were swooning over the new bumper pads on their magazines and bumping crotches. We finally got to shoot a few stages and on the first stage I watched puss after pussy went prone to shoot the "long range targets" at 40 yards. I decided it was probably better to stay heterosexual and find a different shooting sport.

And since someone already broached "Teran Butler hoes", did she show you her precious? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Please tell me that you at least got Napoleon Dynamite and Jose's autograph...

That’s awesome to find great instruction, even better to get it from a non-typical source. Good on you for keeping an open mind.

I say just buy a shotmarker electronic target system

Find some suitable space

And just remember fuck politics and meglomaniacs ;)

...and at the young and tender age of 51. Been looking into joining a local gun club here in the past 5-6 years. Never have really looked into it that deeply after I saw that it required that I have a Period of instruction under my belt in the past 9 months. That, and I already belong to a club that I love being a member of. My club is a 35 minute drive. This other club that I have been looking into is 7 minutes up the road. Driving factor that has been leading me to this club is that they are heavily into USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge matches. Not to mention the archery side of this club is OUTSTANDING!!! Sooooooo, about 2 months ago I bumped into a fella that is on the board of this "other" club at my favorite Local Gun Shop. He convinced me to take the leap and get the requirements done. Take the 100 question saftey test with at least a 90% passing grade. Check. Go the the State Police and get a Criminal Background Check. Check. Go through a period of instruction on handguns. welllllll... So I emailed one guy for the training, and no reply after 5 weeks. President emails me and says that new member orientation is on Saturday, Dec. 9th at 0730 hours. Damn. I need that training requirement. Emailed Pesident and he gives me 2 more names for the training. Got an email back that this trainer had a block of instruction available on Dec. 8th to fulfill the requirement. WooHoo!!!

So this evening I was trained by a female that is far and above a better handgun shooter than myself. She is very established in USPSA Sport. Bear in mind that this was just a period of instruction to check "that box" in my mind. I mean shit. 8 years of service in the Marine Corps, 5 years in the Army, and 1 tour in Iraq. What the hell would anyone teach me about firearms safety? Well Sheeeeeet. This instructor went above and beyond. She noticed that my handgun grip was straight out of the military, and she showed me a new grip to try. DAMN!!! My groups tightened up from 20 yards. And I'm talking significantly!!! Just mind blown this evening. How many times have we read, right here, training training training. Well damn. We chatted about how I really want to try USPSA, and that's when she modified my grip. I tell ya. If I would have went into that period of instruction with a closed mind, I would have lost out on a lot of great information that was shared with me this evening. Life lesson for this middle aged guy this evening I tell ya. Looking forward to my next block of instruction with this shooter!!! (y)
I used that modern grip at gun school years ago, and they “corrected” me back to the old ways. After he left, I went back to new style. Out of 60 I shot 2nd place. lol.

Reactions: BurtG