• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my 700 to the range finaly yesterday

Blazed30

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
AZ
Well I picked up a 700 sps tactical a couple months ago. I started off with ordering a 5th gen WOTAC 12x44 and some burris xtr rings then got around to addressing the stock. I am on a tight budget so went with the B&C A2. The palm swell was a bit big so I shaved it down to my liking and re-textured it other than that I love it. The fit was perfect and quality seemed great it was as advertised a direct drop in. Anyway I set about mounting the scope lapping the rings and getting everything set right to specs. I went with 40lbs on the stock. Anyway got out to the range with a couple boxes of ammo to see what she liked. First impression the scope is awesome especialy for the price, second impression the stock was very comfortable and I love the height of the comb its perfect for me and the grip really had a nice alignment with my wrist. As for the shooting that day, I found my rifle does not like 165gr rounds lol. She will eat up and turn out great groups with 168 just nothing in the 165 range. Average groups at 100yrds had me grinning like a school boy with his hands in his pocket. I never shot the rifle in stock configuration so no comparision to before and after but she turned out sub 1moa groups all day. Nicest group of the day was at 200yrds using 168gr it was nicely covered up by a quarter, although it was a 4 shot group. I ran out of range time before I got my 5th round off. Overall I love the choices I made, and look forward to trying some heavier rounds. I limited myself to 150, 165, and 168 that day. The scope I would recommend in a heart beat, and the stock as well. I had read allot of varying reviews on B&C before i ordered but I am very happy with the decision. The rifle shoots great looks great and I got allot of compliments on how it was shooting all morning.

Re: Got my 700 to the range finaly yesterday

sorry for taking so long to post some pics I was at work the last 48 hours.
Rifle
DSC08134.jpg

100yrds .17 on the bench
DSC08131.jpg

Almost had the whole place to myself.
DSC08130.jpg

Wait, arent you supposed to torque remmys to 68 inch pounds?

Doesn't quite look like Ben Avery. Is that the range down in Buckeye?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait, arent you supposed to torque remmys to 68 inch pounds? </div></div>
I was recommended to start at 40 and see how it shot but the other source told me 60. I will need to clarify this. However she turned out good groups through out the day Next time I will take more pic's was doing more of a load test up this outing seeing what she liked and how it all came together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't quite look like Ben Avery. Is that the range down in Buckeye? </div></div>

Yes it is the Joe Foss range out south of Buckeye.

Yes it is the Joe Foss range out south of Buckeye.[/quote]

How far does the range go for public use? I'm wanting to hit up Ben Avery, but if this one goes past 200, I may make the drive West.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it is the Joe Foss range out south of Buckeye.</div></div>

How far does the range go for public use? I'm wanting to hit up Ben Avery, but if this one goes past 200, I may make the drive West.[/quote]

Sadly just out to 200 although its a nice facility and cheap.

Looks a whole lot less crowded than BA and it's a little closer to me. I think I will give it a shot next time.

Show us some targets. The B&C A2 is a great stock for the money.

Congrats. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. That range is killer. Just looks like it has a great feel to it.

It is very nice everyone that was working was super cool, all the workers are volunteers and the prices are good. Range fee is $5 for mil/leo $7 for everyone else and kids are free. Targets are .25 and spotting scopes are on hand to use they hold onto your license until you return it. I plan on going out again on Sunday or next week so some more pics will be coming.

One last thing to add before the renovations the range did have a 500yrd range. I have been told it is only for Leo use now but some speculation has been made and the rumor mill has made its rounds that it may open it back up to the public who knows lets hope so.