• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my ffl in today. Any suggestions :)

B

boomer81

Well that says it all. Got it in today. the buildings almost ready. Don't want to sound like a prick but here is my situation. i got no debt, no building cost. just utilities and insurance and i got a good bit of cash Some start with more some less. Its not gonna be my main source of income. i dont fail and im the only show in town.

Ive done my fair bit of research over the last year. I am gonna be more of a tactical shop. But there are plenty of hunters around who like high end stuff so im gonna work with them on custom order and build basis and parts. And im gonna have plenty of the run of the mill stuff.

Tomorrow im gonna start blowing up the phones here are some of the distributors im looking at. Pretty much the common names that have been around. Ive left out custom shops i know who i want in that area. Ive seen tons of places all over the map on ammo and prices in bulk but any info there would also help.

Heres my list so far in no order.
Any other suggestions would be of much help. Thanks to all

Rsr
Jerrys
Zanders
Southern ohio gun
Lipseys
Midway
Cheaper than dirt
Sports south

Re: Got my ffl in today. Any suggestions :)

Don't try to hit homeruns with your new gun prices. The Internet and vendors like Bud's have made it too easy for people to find and get really competitive prices. Fair prices will get people through the door. Then you can also sell them accessories (much higher margin) and buy their used guns. Used guns can also be a huge profit center. Price your transfers fairly. Don't look at them as competition but as another way to get people in the shop. Surprise a really good customer with a free transfer occasionally.

Sports South and Ron Shirk are a couple of the best. Davidsons is always amoung the highest priced. Their 'specials' will compete with Sports South everyday pricing once shipping is factored.

Keep something cool on the counter for raffle.

Good Luck!

Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be a douchebag, but...
keep your day job & do the ffl thing on the side.

steelman303 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be a douchebag, but...
keep your day job & do the ffl thing on the side.

Im not being a douchebag so don't take this the wrong way. But if you read the original post you would see this is not my main source of income. I have no debt in the project. I own a building that was making $500 a month in rent. I think i can make it do better than that. and i have alot of cash i need to put into somthing.

Ive got boats motorcycles and guitars. Guns are a hobby and im pretty sure i can be profitible. I am in most endevors because i work hard. And if this thing goes belly up in a year. It really dont make a damn cause uncle sam was gonna get alot of this money. I didnt want to come off like a prick with alot of cash to throw around in my first post. Sorry
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and i have alot of cash i need to put into somthing.</div></div>

I’ll PM you payment info for my children’s school. If you need deductions, I'll form a non-profit for this. Thanks!!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be a douchebag, but...
keep your day job & do the ffl thing on the side. </div></div>

How do you remotely justify that comment? He didn't ask for your opinion on his ability to run a business or whether or not starting that kind of business was feasible. Everyone has to get a start somewhere.

One thing you will find is that all the cool new stuff you can sell easy is all allocated. That means they dont really have them avail to you, but they are avail to large dealers. IF you have a good relationship with your sales rep sometimes they can get it for you, I did that with Sport South.. They are the best, and ship free. they dont have everything tho.

Are you going to stock up, spend $100K or so? or more?. if so, make sure to haggle and get the best deal. DOnt get sucked into the deals with packages. you get stuck with stupid guns no one will buy. Good luck and have fun

Jeff