• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GOT MY LOAD ON....6XC REPORT

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Ok...I know it aint a tactical rifle...but I do know there are some BR guys who lurk around here...so here ya go.

Well I have a 1000yrd match coming up this weekend so I have been at the range almost every day working on load development for the 6XC bench rifle.

I found two loads (about a grain apart) that looked really good. So I then started playing with bullet seating depth. Starting will the bullet "jammed" in the lands and working my way down .010" per 5 shot load.

I ended up with this load as my keeper (see pic of FIVE shot group @ 100yrds.)...ended up liking to be seated .010" in the lands. Going down another .010" opened the group up t0 3/4"...VERY sensitive to seating depth. The next steps under that closed the groups up a bit but still not as good as this load.

Load info:

Norma brass neck sized (.267 bushing)
39.5gns of H4350 powder
115gn DTAC bullets
Wolf LR primers
2.200" ogive length

Take care,Stan

Re: GOT MY LOAD ON....6XC REPORT

Nice rig Stan, looks like a shooter too.

Now thats what I call a 1 hole group! Nice shooting Stan!

39.5 grains of H4350 and a 115 dtac.
AKA "the wheel" people have tried and tried to reinvent "the wheel"... But it doesn't get any better
wink.gif