• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my stamp back- Legal SBR owner

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I am now a legal SBR owner, LOL.

Mailed my form 1 (With help from BWideman on Arfcom) about 5-10-12 and received my stamp today. I SBR'd my Spikes Tactical lower and bought an 8.2" Noveske 300Blk upper for it.

I waited patiently the whole time, almost. I finally broke down and called last week and a nice lady told me it would be to me in "30-45 days". Well it came today.

Now I am awaiting my stamp for my AAC 762SDN-6 that is in Bwidemans shops safe. I mailed it on about 7-10-12 so maybe by Christmas.

Well, just excited to have gotten my first one. I need to do another, LOL.

ETA- pic of the upper

2012-08-2601-20-21.jpg

Re: Got my stamp back- Legal SBR owner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawgunner2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent off my first stamp application yesterday... </div></div>

Awesome, what are you getting? A can or SBR or?

I'm jealous, I'm still in the just looking at the sbr stage. Stamp for it won't be till Feb +/-. Worst part is I can't start load development for subs until then and have all the stuff sitting here. I think the sbr stamp is harder than can stamps since you can have it and not shoot it.
Have fun with it.
20121113_195349.jpg

I'm jealous of you too. Living in IL, I just got my C&R, so I have to wait until after the first of the year to apply for an SBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gixxerk8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm jealous, I'm still in the just looking at the sbr stage. Stamp for it won't be till Feb +/-. Worst part is I can't start load development for subs until then and have all the stuff sitting here. I think the sbr stamp is harder than can stamps since you can have it and not shoot it.
Have fun with it.
20121113_195349.jpg
</div></div>

Pistol Lower + shooting = problem solved?

Or am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawgunner2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sent off my first stamp application yesterday... </div></div>

Awesome, what are you getting? A can or SBR or?</div></div>

I assembled a stripped lower the other day, and went to the Local Gun Shop and bought a PWS MK110 upper for it. In order to ensure that I would be in compliance with the NFA act, they wanted me to present to them either an SBR stamp or a pistol lower before I took possession of the upper. I didn't have a pistol buffer tube at the time (I actually didn't have a buffer tube at all), so they will allow me to actually take possession of the upper tomorrow after my pistol buffer comes in and I screw it on the lower receiver. Bullshit? Meh, kinda. I had no intentions of willfully violating the NFA act, but better safe than sorry I suppose. I'll leave the AR configured as a pistol until the stamp comes in, then change out the buffer tube and put a Magpul CTS stock on it.

I knew I wanted a PWS gun, but both of my (relatively) nearby authorized PWS retailers didn't have a complete rifle in stock and could not provide a timeline as to when they would get one. I figured the next best thing was a PWS upper on my stripped lower. They had one in stock and I wanted to ensure that it became mine before someone else bought it up in the "buying frenzy" that has seemed to spring up since the election. It wasn't until I paid for it that they asked to see my pistol lower. I know and talk to these guys on a regular basis, so they knew that I didn't currently have an SBR stamp. They had my best interest at heart, I guess. I'm in no hurry to actually take possession of the item anyways. I just wanted my name attached to that particular piece of equipment before it disappeared with no timeline on another one showing up.

As far as a suppressor is concerned, thats in the works. I just couldn't spring for the $1200 upper, $450 EO Tech, $100 BUIS, $200 stamp, AND a $xxx suppressor all at the same time. All suggestions point to an AAC 762-SDN-6 for dual purpose use on my (old) GAP built LR308 and the 5.56 SBR. However, I'm open to suggestions on the suppressor.

Congrats on getting your stamp!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am now a legal SBR owner, LOL.

Mailed my form 1 (With help from BWideman on Arfcom) about 5-10-12 and received my stamp today. I SBR'd my Spikes Tactical lower and bought an 8.2" Noveske 300Blk upper for it.

I waited patiently the whole time, almost. I finally broke down and called last week and a nice lady told me it would be to me in "30-45 days". Well it came today.

Now I am awaiting my stamp for my AAC 762SDN-6 that is in Bwidemans shops safe. I mailed it on about 7-10-12 so maybe by Christmas.

Well, just excited to have gotten my first one. I need to do another, LOL.

ETA- pic of the upper

2012-08-2601-20-21.jpg
</div></div>

Man, I'm jealous as well! I did my paperwork back in early August so I've still got a while. Can we expect a range report in the next few weeks? I'm really interested in that upper myself.

Range toy or are you going to harvest some game?

nice set up and congrats bud.

Both. Range toy, bedside gun once the suppressor is mounted and deer hunting since its now legal in MO with SBR and can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both. Range toy, bedside gun once the suppressor is mounted and deer hunting since its now legal in MO with SBR and can. </div></div>

I like your style.... that lil guy suppressed is going to make a killer deer rifle for timber concentrated areas.

Looks like an awesome rig. I've been considering a very similar build, myself for some Missouri hunting, but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Congrats on a well thought out shorty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cobaltbomb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a BS law this sbr form 1 thing is.
i dont think its in the 2nd amendment </div></div>

Certainly isnt in there. And yes, it is BS. Like most of our laws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawgunner2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to ensure that I would be in compliance with the NFA act, they wanted me to present to them either an SBR stamp or a pistol lower before I took possession of the upper.</div></div>

This is none of the gun shops business. They have no right to demand either a SBR stamp or a pistol lower. They should advise you to own one or the other, but they don't have the right to "ensure" any thing.

It is up to you to abide by the NFA act.

That is why you can get on the net and buy an SBR/pistol upper any time you want.

Ty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawgunner2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In order to ensure that I would be in compliance with the NFA act, they wanted me to present to them either an SBR stamp or a pistol lower before I took possession of the upper.</div></div>

This is none of the gun shops business. They have no right to demand either a SBR stamp or a pistol lower. They should advise you to own one or the other, but they don't have the right to "ensure" any thing.

It is up to you to abide by the NFA act.

That is why you can get on the net and buy an SBR/pistol upper any time you want.

Ty</div></div>

I understand this and was mildly upset about it, but it's their rules. I had every right to tell them to piss up a rope and buy somewhere else. I chose not to because they had one in stock at a "fair" price. Ultimately, it was no big deal. My pistol buffer tube came today, I spent 5 minutes assembling it, then went and picked up the upper. AND I'm in compliance with NFA. If I would have brought the upper home on Friday like I wanted to, I would have been in possession of a shorty upper with "constructive intent" to build a SBR since I do have another AR I could have put the upper on. Now I've got a dedicated pistol lower and have nothing to worry about.

I see your point and "mostly" agree with you. But again, their house, their rules.

yea but the gunstores in savannah(i'm assuming...?) are all a bunch of retarded idiots anyway. i hated doing business there. i feel for you sawgunner!

but as long as it isn't on a lower you're in compliance. they would have to prove "constructive intent" but thats a whole nother topic for a lawyer, not me.

I'm waiting on a form 4 for my NT4 can. Mailed off 5/31/12, so it shouldn't be too long now.

photo7bs.jpg

photo8ws.jpg

Let us know how the AAC can works for you. I just bought one but I won't be seeing it for 4-6 months I guess. I just sent paperwork 2 weeks ago.