Photos Got the Shrike, now waiting on the M16.

deersniper

What would BurtGummer do?
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Bought an M16/Shrike today, have to wait for the papers to clear on the lower receiver. Hopefully the Shrike runs well. .

Rotortuner

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 15, 2008
    WA, USA
    Re: Got the Shrike, now waiting on the M16.

How did you get that, I thought those were preordered like 7 years ago and then the company changed ownership like 5 times or something and none have yet been released? Details please!

CJG

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

There are a few around for sale. This one is one of the later models I think/hope.

Paid 18500. So figure 10-11 for the lower and 7.5-8.5 for the upper.

Going to get one of these when I get a little spare cash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N6Cd67Q

Have bills to pay and already busted my budget on guns this year!

wkahler

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2006
    Englewood, Ohio

<span style="color: #990000">I would say so!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few around for sale. This one is one of the later models I think/hope.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Paid 18500</span>. So figure 10-11 for the lower and 7.5-8.5 for the upper.

Going to get one of these when I get a little spare cash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N6Cd67Q

<span style="color: #990000">Have bills to pay and already busted my budget on guns this year! </span></div></div>

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA

Better have another $20k for the first days worth of ammo! LOL.

Have fun!

Terry

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That cost $18.5k???

Why </div></div>

Well the M16 lower reciever costs 10-11 because our lovely government decided that us common folk shouldn't have machine guns and banned the manufacture of them in 1986. (with a voice vote amendment that many argue didn't legally pass).

And the upper was about $7500 because they were expensive to begin with and few have been released. I may lose some money on the upper if/when they become more readily available.

suitslinger

Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2010
    Michigan

My goodness IF I had 20k laying around you can bet I would be next in line to get one of those... JUST FRICKIN AWESOME

jevonniespapi

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 9, 2009

you must be married to a good woman, all the bills paid, kids out of the house, etc!

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 25, 2007
    Lynnwood, WA

That's pretty neato. Still probably cheaper than any other transferable beltfed in the same caliber.

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
    Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown

what a great home defense weapon
    grin.gif

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 15, 2009
    U.S.A.

Six different models, three of which work at all...which did you get? You paid $7k+ and think/hope? Remember, the Shrike will chew up an unprepared lower, you have work to do.

hrt4me

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 6, 2001
    Dallas, Texas

I'm glad you bought that from that seller in Pennsylvania because you saved me $$$ by preventing me from buying it!
    smile.gif

Enjoy!

BasraBoy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 29, 2008
    Dark Side of the Moon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better have another $20k for the first days worth of ammo! LOL.

Have fun!

Terry</div></div>

+1

That's not a cheap gun.....!! Hope it lives up to your expectations.

DanW

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 1, 2007
    The Alabama Part of PA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's decent enough, but if I had 20k lying around I would hit up a safari for a cape buff with a 416 rigby </div></div>

I hear that. And, at $20k, you could throw in some plains game animals for good measure.

What got my attention is where they are actually letting you own that in MD. I thought they knew better than to let the average citizen own something like that down there.
    grin.gif

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jevonniespapi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you must be married to a good woman, all the bills paid, kids out of the house, etc! </div></div>

No wife, no g/f, no kids lol. Most of the bills are paid, have a few coming up though.. . Work a lot.

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

Six different models, three of which work at all...which did you get? You paid $7k+ and think/hope? Remember, the Shrike will chew up an unprepared lower, you have work to do.

.. </div></div>

Different bolt catch and buffer/spring is all that is required IIRC. Where did you find all the Shrike info? Info on the net seems to be scarce..

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave inVa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many barrels did you get with it? </div></div>

1, hope to get a 12.5" in the future. Need a new can too, not sure how much full auto my Gemtech M4-96D will handle. .

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's decent enough, but if I had 20k lying around I would hit up a safari for a cape buff with a 416 rigby </div></div>

I hear that. And, at $20k, you could throw in some plains game animals for good measure.

What got my attention is where they are actually letting you own that in MD. I thought they knew better than to let the average citizen own something like that down there.
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Well, I don't really like to shoot animals that don't hurt me, I'm not really into "sport hunting". I like depopulation shooting better.

And the lower will more than likely appreciate in the future.

MD is actually pretty Class 3 friendly. And when you use a trust, you don't have to ask the local donut cruncher for permission. .
    We are a conservative state except for the 4 counties that are full of leaches/minorities/.gov workers. They ruin the rest of the state.

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Rogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$20k... that's like 80 to 100 beta mags?! </div></div>

Well what fun would 100 jamming beta mags be in a semi-auto? The full auto switch was 10-11K of the cost. .

cvuxton

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2008
    Warrenton, VA

It takes at least 4 months to get through the BATF. After 90 days you can call them and they have to give you a status.

deersniper

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast

I put 350 rounds through it in magazines today. I used a Bushy lower. Only problems I had were short stroking when I was playing with the gas settings and I had a trigger reset problem with the lower. Other than that 100% functioning.

-dan