• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Got the Shrike, now waiting on the M16.

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Bought an M16/Shrike today, have to wait for the papers to clear on the lower receiver. Hopefully the Shrike runs well. .

Re: Got the Shrike, now waiting on the M16.

How did you get that, I thought those were preordered like 7 years ago and then the company changed ownership like 5 times or something and none have yet been released? Details please!

CJG

There are a few around for sale. This one is one of the later models I think/hope.

Paid 18500. So figure 10-11 for the lower and 7.5-8.5 for the upper.

Going to get one of these when I get a little spare cash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N6Cd67Q

Have bills to pay and already busted my budget on guns this year!

<span style="color: #990000">I would say so!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few around for sale. This one is one of the later models I think/hope.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Paid 18500</span>. So figure 10-11 for the lower and 7.5-8.5 for the upper.

Going to get one of these when I get a little spare cash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N6Cd67Q

<span style="color: #990000">Have bills to pay and already busted my budget on guns this year! </span></div></div>

Better have another $20k for the first days worth of ammo! LOL.

Have fun!

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That cost $18.5k???

Why </div></div>

Well the M16 lower reciever costs 10-11 because our lovely government decided that us common folk shouldn't have machine guns and banned the manufacture of them in 1986. (with a voice vote amendment that many argue didn't legally pass).

And the upper was about $7500 because they were expensive to begin with and few have been released. I may lose some money on the upper if/when they become more readily available.

My goodness IF I had 20k laying around you can bet I would be next in line to get one of those... JUST FRICKIN AWESOME

you must be married to a good woman, all the bills paid, kids out of the house, etc!

That's pretty neato. Still probably cheaper than any other transferable beltfed in the same caliber.

what a great home defense weapon
    grin.gif

Six different models, three of which work at all...which did you get? You paid $7k+ and think/hope? Remember, the Shrike will chew up an unprepared lower, you have work to do.

I'm glad you bought that from that seller in Pennsylvania because you saved me $$$ by preventing me from buying it!
    smile.gif

Enjoy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better have another $20k for the first days worth of ammo! LOL.

Have fun!

Terry</div></div>

+1

That's not a cheap gun.....!! Hope it lives up to your expectations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's decent enough, but if I had 20k lying around I would hit up a safari for a cape buff with a 416 rigby </div></div>

I hear that. And, at $20k, you could throw in some plains game animals for good measure.

What got my attention is where they are actually letting you own that in MD. I thought they knew better than to let the average citizen own something like that down there.
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jevonniespapi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you must be married to a good woman, all the bills paid, kids out of the house, etc! </div></div>

No wife, no g/f, no kids lol. Most of the bills are paid, have a few coming up though.. . Work a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

Six different models, three of which work at all...which did you get? You paid $7k+ and think/hope? Remember, the Shrike will chew up an unprepared lower, you have work to do.

.. </div></div>

Different bolt catch and buffer/spring is all that is required IIRC. Where did you find all the Shrike info? Info on the net seems to be scarce..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave inVa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many barrels did you get with it? </div></div>

1, hope to get a 12.5" in the future. Need a new can too, not sure how much full auto my Gemtech M4-96D will handle. .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's decent enough, but if I had 20k lying around I would hit up a safari for a cape buff with a 416 rigby </div></div>

I hear that. And, at $20k, you could throw in some plains game animals for good measure.

What got my attention is where they are actually letting you own that in MD. I thought they knew better than to let the average citizen own something like that down there.
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

Well, I don't really like to shoot animals that don't hurt me, I'm not really into "sport hunting". I like depopulation shooting better.

And the lower will more than likely appreciate in the future.

MD is actually pretty Class 3 friendly. And when you use a trust, you don't have to ask the local donut cruncher for permission. .
    We are a conservative state except for the 4 counties that are full of leaches/minorities/.gov workers. They ruin the rest of the state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Rogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$20k... that's like 80 to 100 beta mags?! </div></div>

Well what fun would 100 jamming beta mags be in a semi-auto? The full auto switch was 10-11K of the cost. .

It takes at least 4 months to get through the BATF. After 90 days you can call them and they have to give you a status.

I put 350 rounds through it in magazines today. I used a Bushy lower. Only problems I had were short stroking when I was playing with the gas settings and I had a trigger reset problem with the lower. Other than that 100% functioning.

-dan