• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gradous does it again!

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
image_76195.jpg I’ve had Robert Gradous build my bolt guns since 2013 or so, and he’s never let me down. That said, work’s crushed me over the past 2 years and I haven’t shot nearly as much as I’d have liked.

6934F391-2E7F-4875-9A1D-B499738BF3A9.jpeg

I’ve had this beautiful 260Rem by Robert in my safe for at least four months, never been shot. Finally I made some time, loaded up some rounds with a standard charge for 140gr hybrids to get the scope sighted in. Well, as you can see, Robert’s built another rifle that’s stupid accurate. This 5-shot group at 100 yards has me really excited to see if I can tighten up the groups a bit, but if not, I’m plenty with my new PRS rig.

Attachments

• image_76196.jpg
    image_76196.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22
  • image_76197.jpg
    image_76197.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 20
How in the world so you plan on tightening that up. Awesome! I'm running close to the same load in my 260. I'm shooting in the .3s though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tighten it up? Haha, other than a single hole, it doesn't get much better than that.

Great shooting! Looks like your load development is spot on on the first try! Lol

How do you find the T6A stock? I'm looking at one for the next build but am wondering if it's worth changing since I already use a T4A.

I really like the T6A. It's just a really versatile stock and fits me well.

One thing that amazes me is that for some calibers, there's a load recipe that shoots well in almost all rifles I've put my hands on. For me in 308, I can put 44.4gr of Varget behind a 175SMK or 178Amax and that will shoot lights out. For 260, 43.5gr of H4350 behind a 140 Berger works in most rifles. Those loads have always worked for me.

One thing I should mention is that Robert cranked this build out in about 4 weeks. His lead time is WAY down from where it was a year ago, and with a short turnaround time and bughole-shooting rifles, I'd recommend Robert to anyone looking for a top-notch rig.

Here are the build specs:
  • Surgeon 591 SA
  • Bartlein 1:8 Heavy Palma cut to 26”, threaded 5/8x24
  • Timney trigger
  • Manners T6A, front atlas rail
  • Kahles 6-24 mil/mil MSR

Great shooting! Great rifle from a great guy! Enjoy it buddy congrats on a superb rifle

I’d say you’ve found a load that works for that rifle. Not sure how you could tighten that one up. Great shooting

They just don’t come any better than bob’s builds!! Very nice!