• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gradous Rifles Question

Kwe1982

Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Wisconsin
Anyone heard from @Robert Gradous ?
I emailed and called a few times throughout the day no response, no answering machine to leave a message either.

Not sure if his shop is down due to the bat flu with or just real busy.

I think he's only a one or two man shop and it's hard to get work done if he's always on the phone. Give him time, I'm sure he will get back with you.

Reactions: Kwe1982
I thought i saw somewhere that he wasnt taking in new work in order to focus on some health issues. I Truly hope everything is alright. Robert is a true gentleman and an open book of knowledge.

I was looking for an AI prefit, wasn’t sure if they had any in stock.
The website says they do, but no way to order them online.

Also, sucks OTM doesn’t carry them anymore or at least their website says they don’t.

He's got a barrel of mine as well that he's had for a while. I know he was really sick early in the year but he seemed to be well on the road to recovery in March or so when I last spoke to him. I know that he was very backed up at the time but I haven't kept up with him since then. I hope he's OK.

Thanks for the reply.
I've got a 6.5x47 barrel for my AI and it is extremely accurate.

I think he's a good guy and would prefer to give him my business when I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAYDIRT
Anyone heard from @Robert Gradous ?
I emailed and called a few times throughout the day no response, no answering machine to leave a message either.

Not sure if his shop is down due to the bat flu with or just real busy.
Send an email to Jonathan Slagle. He does all of the coordination for the shop to let Robert focus on building rifles and barrels.

You can reach him at the following email

[email protected]

He goes by the name of Jon.

Robert built my AI prefit last year. It is a freaking hammer.

Last edited:
Robert will get back to you in time. He rebarreled a No 1. V for me in 220 Swift and did a beautiful job. Spoke to him many times during the course of the project and he would call me after I received the rifle to see how it was shooting. He mentioned he was having some health issues but was working them out. Takes great pride in his work.

Robert was working on an AI prefit barrel for me. Talked to him and had great convos on the phone April-May. I talked to him on a Wednesday in mid May and he stated the barrel was almost done and to call him that Sat for payment/shipping. Ive been calling/txting and emailed him since that sat. Phone has been going straight to VM for almost 2 months and no emails. Hes such a good dude just by the few convos I had with him. I don't care about the barrel, I truly hope him and his family are OK and healthy.

sad, sad news to end this thread.

Reactions: Baron23