• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Graduous??

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Gents,

Thinking about another rifle build. Looking at Graduos Rifles. Anyone have a Graduous rifle? I am looking for feedback on the gun, customer service, etc...

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Clark

You can't find a better builder. I've built two rifles with him, and am waiting to build my 6.5SAUM with Robert as well. You won't find a nicer guy or a better shooting gun.

Gents,

Thinking about another rifle build. Looking at Graduos Rifles. Anyone have a Graduous rifle? I am looking for feedback on the gun, customer service, etc...

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Clark

I know it will shoot, because they don't leave the shop unless they do. What are you looking to build?

I've made 2 trips down there to have him rebarrel rifles. He does excellent work for sure. Highly recommended.

I'm looking to build a 338 Norma. I would love to get everyone's thoughts on barrel length, action, etc... Thinking Surgeon XL with 30" inch barrel and badger FTE brake.

It's great to get our input on your build, but part of the beauty of working with Robert is the chance to pick his brain about the specifics of your build. He'll steer you right for your build.

I'm looking to build a 338 Norma. I would love to get everyone's thoughts on barrel length, action, etc... Thinking Surgeon XL with 30" inch barrel and badger FTE brake.

I have 3 Gradous rifles and 2 more in the works. I can't recommend his work enough.

One of the rifle in the works is a 338. The Norma was developed to be used with a 26 inch barrel so you don't necessarily need the extra length. Gradous has done tons of big Normas and they will shoot one hole groups like all the rest of his stuff.

Last edited:
I'm on my second one now, both 26" barrels. Great cartridge and easy to load for. Robert built one for a friend of mine and it is a shooter. As stated talk to him about the build, if he prefers an action for the build there is usually a reason, based on personal knowledge.

I would definitely ask the smith who will be building the gun his recommendations on barrel length for certain projectiles and such. They seem to know a thing or two. As for his work, I see it all the time on this website and have been behind one of his rifles, top notch quality. Shot extremely well.

Robert has built 2 hunting rigs for me with 1 in the works, he will not let them leave the shop until they are shooting 1/4" groups. He is extremely knowledgeable so seek out his help and listen to him, make sure you know what you are wanting to do with the rifle and he will steer you in the right direction.
Good luck with your build, post some pics when your done. We love seeing the Gradous creations!

His rifles do this at 100

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
How long is his wait? I've tried contacting him through his website and haven't heard from him going on 3 months. Figured he's too busy and did not want to keep him on the phone when he can be building rifles. His builds are never up for sale.

Gents,

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Clark

Clark,

Mr. Gradous is the best in the business & is also a close friend of mine. He is not by any means fast, since he is a one man band & is EXTREMELY meticulous with his work... With that being said, don't expect a rapid turnaround as you would with a large scale "Group buy." As you can see in every google search you perform, he turns out one hell of a rifle that shoots damn there one hole. I am currently having my 9th rifle built by him & have 2 more waiting in the wings. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

All the best,

Bob

Wait for mine was 15 months. I think that is going to be typical of his shop as he personally builds the rifle and he is in demand. Rifle shoots and looks great.

How long is his wait? I've tried contacting him through his website and haven't heard from him going on 3 months. Figured he's too busy and did not want to keep him on the phone when he can be building rifles. His builds are never up for sale.

Depends on what you are looking for, my friend is a distributor for Gradous and has a few builds ready for sale. Most are tactical 308's, a 338 Norma just sold also.

Depends on what you are looking for, my friend is a distributor for Gradous and has a few builds ready for sale. Most are tactical 308's, a 338 Norma just sold also.

Would definitely like to get a look at them. Does he have a site or a list with pics of what he's selling? Thanks for the feed.

After talking with Mr. Swagger above and the Robert himself just sent off parts for a 6.5x47. When I spoke to Robert he said to be patient, so now I will be counting the days. He was extremely nice and of course knowledgeable. I look forward to Christmas whenever he gets done.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, no he's not fast, but he's meticulous on a build..........when it leaves his shop you can BEST believe you have one of the finest rifles money can buy, can't wait to get my sons .308 built!

There are a couple of 300 wins, 6.5L's and 308's in the works and should be ready soon. They are on Stiller Spectre and Tac 30's, anyone interested give Jamie a call. He also has parts ready to go to Spec a build. Stiller, BAT, Surgeon, and some A-5s and Bartleins along with some other stuff.

They do not get any better than these two that he had built for me. Trust me I have spent thousands on custom rifles from the top well known advertised smiths and by far Robert is the best.The only problem is I just do not have the time to shoot them. He treats every rifle as if it was his own. Also you will not find a nicer man to deal with.

6.5x47
Surgeon action
Surgeon bottom metal
Krieger Barrel cut to 22”,
McMillian A5 Stock
Jewel trigger
Nightforce rings
March 10x60 scope Kelbly Rifles http://www.kelbly.com/march-scopes/M...ce 2014.html
200 rounds of custom loaded ammo developed by Robert.Incredibly accurate down to ½ a grain tolerance
New Pelican 1050 precut by Robert foam case
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...1-another-one-robert-gradous.html#post1423838

Surgeon action
Surgeon bottom metal
Krieger Barrel cut to 22”,
McMillian A5 Stock
Jewel trigger
Sphur rings Home
Schimdt and Bender 12-50x56 scope Eurooptic LTD - Page not Found
100 rounds of custom loaded ammo developed by Robert.Incredibly accurate down to ½ a grain tolerance
New Pelican 1050 precut by Robert foam case
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-rifles/215663-robert-gradous-does-again.html

Last edited: