• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Graf and Sons $15 hazmat fee

Re: Graf and Sons $15 hazmat fee

You have to buy 16lbs of powder OR 2 cases of primers to get the 15 off

Do this guys; compare the price of 16 lbs. of powder or 2 cases of primers with $15 off the Hazmat fee at Graf's and then compare the price of 16 lbs. of powder or 2 cases primers with nothing off the Hazmat at Powder Valley and see where you come out.

You may see that someone is playing Jedi mind tricks.

Yea, doesn't exactly seem worth it

Who buys 16lbs of powder at a time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackRidge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, doesn't exactly seem worth it

Who buys 16lbs of powder at a time? </div></div>

Four guys?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackRidge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You must be new here
smile.gif

The last time I ordered powder I believe it was.....40 pounds and an 8 pound jug for a buddy. Hazmat boxes are limited to 48#.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumulkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do this guys; compare the price of 16 lbs. of powder or 2 cases of primers with $15 off the Hazmat fee at Graf's and then compare the price of 16 lbs. of powder or 2 cases primers with nothing off the Hazmat at Powder Valley and see where you come out.

You may see that someone is playing Jedi mind tricks. </div></div>

It seems Powder Valley would be the better deal. I hope Hodgdon doesn't have some kind of MAP.......j/k
smile.gif

after you compare the delivered price from powder valley and graf's you'll see that depending where you live graf's is cheaper.

graf's website pricing includes shipping, so you are seeing a bundled price.

If you order over a certain dollar value, graf's automatically discounts the purchase by a set percentage (used to be 5%, but I do not recall off the top of my head)

Jeffvn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackRidge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You must be new here
smile.gif

The last time I ordered powder I believe it was.....40 pounds and an 8 pound jug for a buddy. Hazmat boxes are limited to 48#. </div></div>

+1

Order 48#'s of powder to spread out the Hazmat charge. Get with some buddies on the order if that is too much powder just for you.
wink.gif

I go through 24lbs of powder and about 20,000 primers every 4 months, most of it is pistol though. Powder valley is my go to company, never had an issue in over 6 years.

Ive done the math on alot of the web sites many times & powder valley always comes out cheaper. Just remember you need to buy quanity to save big. I never order less than 20 pounds at a time. my advice is to get with some buddies & make a big order then spread out hazmat & shipping cost with everyone. I believe you can order up to 48 pounds on one hazmat charge.

I also support Powder Valley as they were the only one's that I could find willing to ship to Hawaii. Bought couple hundred pounds for us the Shipping is the Killer
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last time I ordered powder I believe it was.....40 pounds and an 8 pound jug for a buddy. Hazmat boxes are limited to 48#.</div></div>

Actually, the net weight of the contents is limited to 48 lbs. The whole box can weigh quite a bit more.