• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand Solar Minimum

Try selling that to AOC and the Farting Cow Council . Global Warming is real said the Democrats , and thats the end of discussion ....... šŸ¤£
No no now you have to pay more taxes, and for utilities, be deprived of meat, and lose freedoms because of ā€œclimate changeā€. Cmon man! Get with the updated load of bullshit from dems/libs. How dare you! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: candyx
Modern humanity seems to be a species that worships amnesia.
It's almost like nobody wants to admit there was a past or things happened in the past.
Perhaps because if people knew the past, they would understand all the lies.

Archeologists and Geologists who make "inconvenient finds" are often silenced and have their careers destroyed.
Events as recent as say 2000 years ago are met with mostly blank stares from most people these days, let alone 5000 years ago. Try to ask what happened 10,000 years ago and even the "experts" start mumbling, ask them questions about for example Gƶbekli Tepe and you'll be scoffed at as some kind of fringe theorist.

Climate and long term weather pattern driven migration of human populations has been a mainstay of the human historical experience up until very recently.
Multi year droughts and famines had huge impacts on the course of history and civilizations as did the many cold spells.

I've yet to see anyone even start calculating how the 20,000 year cycle of the earth tilting back and forth on it's axis, pointing between 2 different north stars, would affect climate. Was burning fossil fuels responsible for turning the Sahara from a huge lush lake and wetlands to a desert?

It's very much like 1984 where the masters that control the present, enact strict control over history, so they can attempt to control the future.
NASA does calculate Milankovitch cycles...https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2948/milankovitch-orbital-cycles-and-their-role-in-earths-climate/

Reactions: TriggerJerk!
The sun possibly going into a cooler cycle, won't do a thing about carbon emissions.
You would have to be the dumbest fuckhead on the planet, to not think hydrocarbons affect our environment.
Have a view of David Attenborough's
"A Life on Earth" and think about the dramatic changes that have occurred in our lifetimes.

It is a psychological term called cognitive dissonance... Basically, somebody becomes so adhered to a political or religious ideology that they INTENTIONALLY REFUSE to believe actual facts and shun and attack those who try to prove facts to them. For example, somebody who joined a cult that believes that beach sand is actually the only form of sustenance the human body needs will attack anyone who tries to tell them that if they do not eat normal food and drink normal fluids, they will die. They will force themselves to eat beach sand, until they are dead, either from starvation or from the abrasive effects of the sand in their internal organs.

And what makes this phenomenon more terrifying is that even people we consider normal and intelligent can and will succumb to this if they become too passionate about a political, social, or religious movement. Many of the people who quit their high paying jobs and went with Jim Jones to their doomed one way trip to Jonestown had been successful medical doctors, teachers, scientists, and engineers. A part of their minds KNEW that what they are doing will certainly lead them to their horrific deaths, but they went anyway.

ETA: The flat earth movement is another perfect example of this phenomenon. A KiwiFarms forums member who is a good friend of mine had told me how he had a long time buddy from high school who was very smart, athletic, self confident and extremely successful academically and socially. They drifted apart and he assumed this guy went to become a marine biologist like he had always wanted to do. When they met again years later, my friend is just utterly bewildered to find that this guy had COMPLETELY succumbed to the flat earth cult. Every fucking thing that came out of his mouth was about disc worlds, conspiracies, and how every fucking thing in the sky are projections onto a dome and shit like that. View attachment 7558196 Needless to say my friend is NOT friends with this weirdo anymore...
Not all disc worlds are bad. I know of one that's good.
unnamed.gif
Great-ATuin.png

I'm eventually going to stick this one on my truck. Wife got a cricut from her mom for Christmas.
IMG_1626_20200516_223029.jpg

For those that don't know that is from Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

it was hot the other day, cloudy and cooler today

here in flyover central, it has been a cool, cloudy and very wet spring. temps consistently below average.

today was the first sunny day in like 2+ weeks.

Here in NH it's been switching from being a bit on the cool side for the time of year to "I'm so freaking hot I'm going to die!", which is about 85 degrees in my case.

I have no idea how you survive down south....

• Haha
Reactions: OldSalty2
What the politicians have figured out is that a sucker is born every minute, for some strange reason America is the epicenter of these births.

What the politicians have figured out is that a sucker is born every minute, for some strange reason America is the epicenter of these births.
Well libtarded cities

Reactions: candyx
Here in NH it's been switching from being a bit on the cool side for the time of year to "I'm so freaking hot I'm going to die!", which is about 85 degrees in my case.

I have no idea how you survive down south....

I grew up in the north, ended up in the south for second half of my life. I tolerate it by wearing sweat wicking clothing & use a battery powered fan when doing projects outside.

The sun possibly going into a cooler cycle, won't do a thing about carbon emissions.
You would have to be the dumbest fuckhead on the planet, to not think hydrocarbons affect our environment.
"A Life on Earth" and think about the dramatic changes that have occurred in our lifetimes.

Carbon is good for the plants and bad for the animals.

Shouldn't we have new rainforests growing with all the extra warmth and carbon to feed the plants?

You only think the changes are dramatic because recorded history is short. 100-150 years of mostly reliable data? That's a small drop. Everything has been moving and changing since the beginning, and it will keep doing it until the sun swallows the earth. Until then the earth will keep figuring out ways to kill us.

Shouldn't we have new rainforests growing with all the extra warmth and carbon to feed the plants?

You only think the changes are dramatic because recorded history is short. 100-150 years of mostly reliable data? That's a small drop. Everything has been moving and changing since the beginning, and it will keep doing it until the sun swallows the earth. Until then the earth will keep figuring out ways to kill us.
Most of those ways ended up in Australia.

Reactions: Yasherka
it is like they never looked at tree rings

Divergence_Tree_Growth_Temp.gif

One of the big warnings that AGW was a total scam was Michael Mann's tree ring study where he was caught red handed hiding the data that disproved his hypothesis.
We learned a lot from Climategate...the hacked e-mails from East Anglia Climate Research. That was when AGW was revealed to be a big lie. Those e-mails from the climate research leaders worldwide revealed their discussions on how to lie to the world.

But we still have this.. amazing..

Climate change activists have won a big legal victory against oil giant Royal Dutch Shell. A Dutch court ruled Wednesday that the company must reduce its greenhouse gas emissions 45% by 2030, based on 2019 levels. .... The ruling applies to Shell and its suppliers and covers not only the companies' emissions but also emissions from products burned by its customers.

Carbon in the soil is good for plants. More CO2 in the air can cause more sugars to be made by photosynthesis. But we aren't living in a high enough CO2 environment to see a difference in plants growth. If you look at greenhouse or indoor growing where CO2 is being added, its is closer to 2000PPM normally. CO2 is part of the photosynthesis process, so more CO2 make the plant eat more. So with our current agro model that would involve more fertilizer on the field. Which would make the other problems that causes worse.

Tillage in the spring is one of the biggest yearly releases of CO2. It causes the release of first secession microbes. They in turn go into overdrive decomposing organic matter {carbon}{in the soil where we want it} as fast as they they can releasing CO2. Unfortunately this carbon being burned is in the soil where we want it.

Each 1% increase in organic matter in the soil can increase its water holding ability by 20,000 gallons per acre of water. Moral of the story, we want to keep that carbon in the soil. Its is the most effective way to capture energy from the sun. More carbon in the soil+more life in the soil=healthy plants and good yields with less outside inputs.

Solar cycle 25 is upon us. Sunspots will drop from 10,000-ish a day to 50. The sun is idling down for a while. Insulate them pipes!!! :LOL:

Basically a "little ice age", which had happened periodically throughout human history. One particularly longer one occurred around 800AD and may have caused farmlands in Scandinavia to become frozen solid for most of the year, leading to very poor agricultural yields. The various clans and tribes making up the Vikings, who were actually experienced farmers, livestock ranchers and town builders, suddenly found themselves facing potential starvation during this time and this may have caused them to take to their ships and recultivate a fearsome maritime warrior tradition, raiding and settling other parts of Europe for food, animals, and farming land. This little ice age ended around 1066, right around the Norman conquest of England. By the time the armies of the First Crusade had captured Jerusalem, the entire northern hemisphere had started warming up unprecedentedly, up to 15%... And the 1100s to the 1340s saw some of the most bountiful harvests in Europe. Incidentally, another little ice age plunged the north lands into a partial deep freeze unfit for long term agricultural cultivation around 1345 or so, and that could have been one of the motivations for the English king Edward I to suddenly declare war on and invade France around the same time...
There is not ice-age...only climate change ;). Remember, they had to change their tune when "global warming" came into question...now it's climate change.

Guess what folks? My climate changed today too. Yesterday my outdoor shaded thermometer read right at 92.2 deg F with humidity of 40%, today, 82.8 deg F and 57%....oh shit...the climate changed....I better get into my escape pod.

BTWā€¦ Who the fuck is carter? And should that be girth instead of diameter?šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Nice. Should be crater. But I swiped the first available image without proper scrutiny.

Or it could be referring to Jimmy CarteršŸ™‚

Reactions: nikonNUT
Isn't the real question how hydrocarbons produced by mankind somehow are more plentiful and harmful than those produced by volcanic activity, natural wildfires that in the past just burned and burned? And even more to the point, how is it that the USA apparently produces more quantity and lethality of hydrocarbons in the eyes of the communist leaders/green party freaks? Shouldn't "green" freaks be looking at china, russia, india more than the USA? THOSE countries pollute substantially more than the USA!!!!

Also, that pesky greenhouse gas you speak of is necessary for trees and other plants! Maybe people should plant trees when their daisy cutter subdivisions are devoid of such.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Is it me, or is it actually getting colder?

The conspiracy hypothesis in me thinks it's all related to the food shortages and other shit that's going down.

Man made climate change is a never ending pot of gold for the grifters and they ain't gonna let go of it. Even abortion isn't the money maker that is man made climate change.

Good sales on winter clothing right now,... just saying.