• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great Customer Service from a Big Company!!!!

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    I order most of my shooting needs from Brownells. Well two days ago I was cleaning my DPMS LR-308 and in the process lost my extractor retaining pin do to cleaning outside and it rolled off and went native.

I have 1 practice day left before the PMG match next weekend, so to say I needed this part is an understatement. So I ordered a $1.95 part to a rifle and put over night air on it for a shipping cost of $39.95.

That’s how bad I need this part before Friday!!!

So I logon today to check on the order and its pending. To say the least, I WAS HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!! I got home from work and this is in my in-box.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-weight: bold">Please Accept Our Apologies</span> We are writing you to let you know that we are experiencing some technical difficulties shipping orders at the moment. Our folks are fixing this as fast as they can. Your order has been received, but unfortunately, we are unable to ship it at this time.

For your inconvenience, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">your shipping costs for this order will be refunded.</span></span> Since you requested 2nd Day or Next Day Air shipping, we will prioritize your order to the top of the list once we are able to start shipping again. We’ll notify you with the tracking information once your order has shipped.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

— The Brownells Team </div></div>
    To say, they had a life long customer is true, to say they kept one for life is true to.
    Brownells is a great company to do business with!!!
    John

Re: Great Customer Service from a Big Company!!!!

Plus I am sure you learned your lesson about cleaning your rifle as well next time you will clean inside!!

Glad they could square you away!!

smile.gif

Dude,

I had some MAJOR issues with the gun, so it was soaking, the carb cleaner was in a pan, with all the BCG parts. After I fished out all the parts (so I thought) I drained the carb cleaner over the family well
    smile.gif

Then I noticed I did not get all parts. I was missing 1.

Oh BTW, the pin is not the same size as a AR-15 pin, just saying.

smile.gif

John

I don't understand. You still didn't get the part you needed for the match. I would think you'de still be HOT. Brownells did the same thing to me 2 years ago when I ordered some rings a week before the spring Reade match. Even placed my order by phone to make sure they had it in stock and they could ship it 2nd day. Next day they email and say it was out of stock. This is exactly why I WON'T order from or recomend Brownells. Free shipping on an item they can't ship does me no good.

Guys Brownell's is a class act and a great freind of shooters. I do live in Iowa and when I order stuff it is here the next day.
    Brownells is a large company and there inventory may not match there computer but they will always try to do the right thing.

I do not work for Brownells or have any connection to the company other than being a happy customer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stiggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand. You still didn't get the part you needed for the match. I would think you'de still be HOT. Brownells did the same thing to me 2 years ago when I ordered some rings a week before the spring Reade match. Even placed my order by phone to make sure they had it in stock and they could ship it 2nd day. Next day they email and say it was out of stock. This is exactly why I WON'T order from or recomend Brownells. Free shipping on an item they can't ship does me no good. </div></div>

The match is next week. So I am good to go when the part comes in.

John

I am just busting your balls John!!

Let me know if you still need a pin I am sure i have what you need and can help you out as well as maybe another SH in the AO may be able to help you out during your time of need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just busting your balls John!!

Let me know if you still need a pin I am sure i have what you need and can help you out as well as maybe another SH in the AO may be able to help you out during your time of need.

</div></div>

I know, I am good, thanks anyhow. A buddy of mine that I am shooting with has one to sue so I am good to go.

John

We are shipping some orders, but our system is not up to 100% capacity at this time. For orders placed with us from 10/4 to 10/7, the easiest way to check if your order was shipped is to check with your bank or credit card to see if your card was charged. If you were charged, then your order was shipped and you will be receiving tracking information soon. If you have not yet been billed, then we are still working through your order. We <span style="font-weight: bold">sincerely</span> apologize for the inconveniences this has caused.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brownells Inc.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are shipping some orders, but our system is not up to 100% capacity at this time. For orders placed with us from 10/4 to 10/7, the easiest way to check if your order was shipped is to check with your bank or credit card to see if your card was charged. If you were charged, then your order was shipped and you will be receiving tracking information soon. If you have not yet been billed, then we are still working through your order. We <span style="font-weight: bold">sincerely</span> apologize for the inconveniences this has caused. </div></div>

Well its good to see you on the hide. I like when companies can come on a forum like this and give their inputs on stuff like this.

Update,

I was shipped the right stuff 1 week from ordering over night air.

They charged me a discounted rate of $29.95 over night air when it was shipped. not the deal on their part, I understand that wires get crossed, so last week I called and talked to a rep of Brownells and I forwarded her the e-mail telling me I was going to get free over night air. She told me it would be refunded back to my card. the $29.95.

Well Its been 3 business days and no refund of $29.95 over night air, that took 8 calendar days to make it to my house.

If I get the refund I will let you guys know how it turns out.

John