• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great feedback from “the hide” members

That was nothing but an act of kindness and a mercy killing. When the thread starts to spill into reality it's a good time to end it. As per usual, the thinnest skinned, most humorless, and most self-important narcissists have the largest internet footprints and the lowest opsec. This isn't really "Social Media". They can't read a map, so they just choose the first hill they see as the one to die on.
View attachment 8326986 Epilog:
In the end, this was about an extremely esoteric point of statistical analysis that will only appeal to a very small segment of shooters. His threads could have been a boring debate (and a learning experience for those who are really interested and care), but clearly that debate was not what this was about for the self-proclaimed king of snipers. Just based on his handle; if you made a two-dollar bet to win the payout was $2.06...
So we would have a sixth sense?

That was nothing but an act of kindness and a mercy killing. When the thread starts to spill into reality it's a good time to end it. As per usual, the thinnest skinned, most humorless, and most self-important narcissists have the largest internet footprints and the lowest opsec. This isn't really "Social Media". They can't read a map, so they just choose the first hill they see as the one to die on.
View attachment 8326986 Epilog:
In the end, this was about an extremely esoteric point of statistical analysis that will only appeal to a very small segment of shooters. His threads could have been a boring debate (and a learning experience for those who are really interested and care), but clearly that debate was not what this was about for the self-proclaimed king of snipers. Just based on his handle; if you made a two-dollar bet to win the payout was $2.06...

Agreed. His implosion was definitely not actually about the SD debate.

This entire blowup started over a minor debate on the correct/preferred way to calculate standard deviation. It wasn't anything life altering or even ground breaking, pretty much arguing over decimals. Even still, we just watched someone with a Ph.D in psychology and the practicing license to go with it devolve himself into something so damn convoluting, using his real name, it makes zero fucking sense within the realm of sanity. I can only think there's something far deeper going on behind the scenes here.

I've seen blowups like this when money was involved, thinking back to the Premier Reticles "Nunya" debacle for example, but with neither side having a tangible stake in the game, this is a first.

This entire blowup started over a minor debate on the correct/preferred way to calculate standard deviation. It wasn't anything life altering or even ground breaking, pretty much arguing over decimals. Even still, we just watched someone with a Ph.D in psychology and the practicing license to go with it devolve himself into something so damn convoluting, using his real name, it makes zero fucking sense within the realm of sanity. I can only think there's something far deeper going on behind the scenes here.

I've seen blowups like this when money was involved, thinking back to the Premier Reticles "Nunya" debacle for example, but with neither side having a tangible stake in the game, this is a first.
His thread started to take a much different turn when someone pointed out that his "research" contradicted Applied Ballistics and Bryan Litz'. After that post was made, the thread was gone.

When the guy is running a Youtube channel based on his technical expertise, and getting a check every month because of how many clicks he gets, there IS DEFFINATELY money involved. You would be simply amazed what some of those retards make. If there was any rational explanation for the way he behaved it is most likely because he was worried that being wrong about some minor point of statistical analysis would loose him clicks and $$$. Of course, that's just speculation as even people with youtube channels should be able to learn something new and being honest about it would probably get them more clicks, not less.

I don't think I'm alone in not really being able to understand or follow the argument. I can cypher, and that's 'bout it.

When the guy is running a Youtube channel based on his technical expertise, and getting a check every month because of how many clicks he gets, there IS DEFFINATELY money involved. You would be simply amazed what some of those retards make. If there was any rational explanation for the way he behaved it is most likely because he was worried that being wrong about some minor point of statistical analysis would loose him clicks and $$$. Of course, that's just speculation as even people with youtube channels should be able to learn something new and being honest about it would probably get them more clicks, not less.

I don't think I'm alone in not really being able to understand or follow the argument. I can cypher, and that's 'bout it.
What really gets me with the toober eceleb bullshit is that many of them get cut checks for "reviewing" products or making "content" with products, have an actual job they get paid for, and then on top of that go and fucking ebeg for some pay to play get into my club bro subscription service.

Some of these guys are making easy 6 figures for being a jackass in front of a camera and then having some dude edit and post it for them. And people just fucking lap it right up.

A mentally unstable psychologist? Weird

The irony is that if he'd been humble enough to admit he was wrong and learn from it, he'd have probably gotten more respect and followers on his youtube channel. Apparently Hide authority was not recognized in Fort Kickass.

• Haha
Reactions: Fig and Ronws
What really gets me with the toober eceleb bullshit is that many of them get cut checks for "reviewing" products or making "content" with products, have an actual job they get paid for, and then on top of that go and fucking ebeg for some pay to play get into my club bro subscription service.

Some of these guys are making easy 6 figures for being a jackass in front of a camera and then having some dude edit and post it for them. And people just fucking lap it right up.
Okay, so, what's the downside?

JK. I look it as entertainment but there are things to learn. But yes, on some of the bigger channels, they do ad reads because those sponsors are paying their salary.

Reactions: Charmingmander
Okay, so, what's the downside?

JK. I look it as entertainment but there are things to learn. But yes, on some of the bigger channels, they do ad reads because those sponsors are paying their salary.
Downside mostly being that it's hard now to find an actual review of something or a non-biased opinion. Or they shill shit products. And the begging gets old.

Reactions: Im2bent and Ronws
Downside mostly being that it's hard now to find an actual review of something or a non-biased opinion. Or they shill shit products. And the begging gets old.
That's true. I have seen Jim on Backfire shilling Tidwe products. I have pair of heated gloves from them that never worked right. So, how do I trust what he says?

Well, other than what is common sense, which, if I already know the thing, then I already know, is paper. To quote Erik Cortina, believe the target.

Reactions: Charmingmander
Honestly, when I see one of those idiotic "unboxing reviews" I turn the channel. That's not a fucking review! That's watching a child open a Christmas present.
the-office-john-krasinski.gif

Honestly, when I see one of those idiotic "unboxing reviews" I turn the channel. That's not a fucking review! That's watching a child open a Christmas present.
the-office-john-krasinski.gif
There's so many of those retarded videos around too on smaller channels. Like bro we all know what the shit looks like :ROFLMAO:

I haven’t and won’t go to his channel, but saw his post saying he has 2500 subscribers. That’s small time and pennies being made on YouTube. Otherwise, he’s a director of some sort at a mental hospital, that’s a $250k+ job he’s laying to risk for his behavior in an industry that’s about as touchy-feely as it gets to online blowup behavior.

Reactions: lash
His thread started to take a much different turn when someone pointed out that his "research" contradicted Applied Ballistics and Bryan Litz'. After that post was made, the thread was gone.

Also unfortunately me. I believe that was my response after he started getting a bit snide. I started naming things/people that were overwhelmingly using the sample instead of population. Was making the point that he was on an island with just Garmin. Not to insult him, but just to point out that it wasn't just Labradar picking one of the two ways to do something.....but basically almost every single part of the industry including the rocket scientist owned AB. To which he literally replied that he was more knowledgeable than Litz in the field of statistics.

I also continually relented that he may very well be correct and that if he was so sure of his education in the matter, I (and I'm sure plenty) would love to hear the reasoning behind it. Which was also a sincere request. He portrayed himself as an authority, but refused to explain how/why other than his education.

When you do something like that, especially in an audience that likely has plenty of people who actually know something about it (along with people who also like pushing buttons), its blood in the water.

I'll just drop this here. Monte Carlo Simulartion ran 1000 times on a perfect distribution of 2800 fps with an SD of 10, take the SD.P of the three shot group (like he was doing).

78.5 % of the time you will be estimating low. Somtimes by 1/2 of more (SD.S is only marginally better aka 3 shot groups are ASS)
1705694152779.png

Also if Litz every talked/posted about my work, I'd STFU and listen. In fact I have a subordinate who is our professional statistician. He checks everything I do. Even though I am his boss, I STFU and listen. (I'm more AI focused)

I'll admit I am a weirdo and get a giant boner when we start tacking about hessians, backpropagation, etc... I watch Youtube videos on Math (current subject Riemann Geometry Metric Tensors for General Relativity) for recreation (And the entire bear pit goes : "That explains so much!"
TBH, I always thought you were a dentist 🦷 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: lash