• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great feedback from “the hide” members

I calculate MV the old fashion way. I run along side of the bullet. However fast I am running, that is what it is. Don't need no radar.

Fudd-tistics FTW.

And I got this for the OP.

1705601490758.jpeg

Yer, keyholing. Needs more twist.

That would be the perfect shape and platform for a miniature rocket stabilization system like on the M982 precision guided 155mm howitzer round. 😂

Somebody HAS to build a 1:4 scale RC model Abrams X tank that shoots rocket stabilized dildos. Guaranteed 1 million views in the first 5 minutes of a video of that epicness being posted.

Ok so I added my thoughts on his video second by second. Even placed a friendly Wager....

The best part is…. All of his quoted posts still show his first and last name. Name change didn’t go so well for him😆

• Haha
Reactions: JBoomhauer
Ok so I added my thoughts on his video second by second. Even placed a friendly Wager....

I read it and it was good. And I gave some Suki love, too.

Reactions: lash
OMG, y’all really outdid yourselves. The memes and written content are pretty much the same quality as frantic liberals. Yall remind me of why I was so glad to witness Trump win and liberals cry. Now I do t have to wait four years to witness liberals cry…I get to see it here! Thanks a million for that! I was looking for a reliable comedy session and boy do yall deliver big time!

OMG, y’all really outdid yourselves. The memes and written content are pretty much the same quality as frantic liberals. Yall remind me of why I was so glad to witness Trump win and liberals cry. Now I do t have to wait four years to witness liberals cry…I get to see it here! Thanks a million for that! I was looking for a reliable comedy session and boy do yall deliver big time!
Pathetic.

6FB47411-6E1B-4385-97C2-8AFA44EEDF47.jpeg

You mean someone calling your employer and telling them what an ass your being and sending them links here?
Or child protective services. Can you imagine the mental abuse they must suffer?

@JBoomhauer found this

STDEV.S is the correct method. End of story.

The difference between the two (open google--cause statisticians don't use those terms, there is standard deviation (STDEV.P)--statisticians use sigma and then there is ESTIMATED standard deviation,(STDDEV.S) which is known a 's'.

Its like your measured values is "x" and the mean is "mu"

English variables mean "measured" and greek variables are "intrinsic"--properties of the distribution

Standard Deviation is the width on a Normal or Gaussian Distribution. The formula is:
View attachment 8323682
sigma is the Std Dev. mu (the u thingy) is the mean).

Its a complicated formula, but just know that sigma controls the width, and mu controls the location:
View attachment 8323683

That's pretty standard stuff, but that's pure THEORY (egads a running gag in my own posts). When you MEASURE something you are sampling from that theoretical distribution (you get points at random, from a random distribution). Assuming your distribution is normal (not always safe), you can estimate the TRUE Standard Deviation by using the Estimated Standard Deviation, s. They key here is there is some unknown TRUE sigma which we try and estimate by taking samples. The Estimated and True will only begin to approach equal once the number of samples becomes very very large.

So the TLDR version is STDEV.S would be the statistician's choice to ESTIMATE the standard deviation of your velocity.

Example: I ran created a distribution with mean 2800 and simga 10. I grabbed 5 samples at random, 10 times and took the STDEV.P--However, we KNOW its 10 (I made it!). Here are the results:
"True Method"
[13.275930373733024,
7.031416934586289]

Estimated:
[14.842941390110614,
7.861363121939068]

With the estimated std dev, you get a value that is higher (instead of dividing by num of samples, you divide by n-1 for math reasons--in reality using the "true" method induces a bias towards 0)--so you could get lucky or you could get unlucky.

OR

Based on the following random data I "sampled":
array([2794.70526224, 2816.48889134, 2797.31856425, 2785.55297754,
2791.62315356])

I would publish an s of 11.67 with 95% CI of (4.07, 14.80) meaning I am 95% sure the TRUE sigma lies on the interval 4.07 to 14.80

You use confidence intervals : since I have to publish shit for the dreaded peer review, I would say my estimated std dev is 10.4 (4.07, 14.80)

So I read that as a sample size of 5 means dick either way. But "s" is the correct method.

Also statisticians don't use excel, they use R, which is a filthy language.
I teach data science/AI so I use python:

Go to google colab and reproduce my results. I prob made a mistake, but I fuck it. That's how you think of this as a "statistician"
spaces are important in the code btw Due to RNG, your number may vary slightly from mine. I'm, not getting into psuedo-random numbers with howler monkies.

[FONT=courier new]import numpy as np p=[] s=[] n=10 size=5 for i in range( n ): x =np.random.normal(loc=2800, scale=10.0, size=size) p.append(np.std(x)) tmp = (x-x.mean())**2 tmp = tmp.sum() tmp = 1/(size-1) * tmp tmp = np.sqrt(tmp) s.append(tmp) import matplotlib.pyplot as plt plt.scatter(np.linspace(0,9,10),p,label="True") plt.scatter(np.linspace(0,9,10),s,label="Estimated") plt.legend() plt.show() sigma=[] for i in range(100): tmp = np.random.choice(x,5,replace=True) print(tmp) sigma.append(np.sqrt((((tmp-tmp.mean())**2).sum())/4)) print(np.percentile(sigma,95)) print(np.percentile(sigma,5)) print(np.sqrt((((x-x.mean())**2)/4).sum()))[/FONT]

A breath of fresh air. You would think there would be a greater grasp of these concepts with how important this is in industry. Nice explanation.

Reactions: lash
@JBoomhauer found this
damn its gone

Reactions: Yasherka
damn its gone

He got the ban he was likely looking for. Instead of just admitting he was wrong, and we all just move along and keep watching his videos, he's going to use the "they banned me for being different and right."

Again, very unfortunate as I liked his content. However, when you get something this simple so wrong and quadruple down, as well as invite the eyes of actual mathematicians who skull drag your videos and logic.....I personally will either have to completely forget his past material or test it myself. As he's completely ruined his credibility with this over a week long tantrum.

He has the results/trophies to prove he can make great ammo and shoot BR well. However, its looking more and more like this is in spite of his perceived knowledge and not because of it.

He got the ban he was likely looking for. Instead of just admitting he was wrong, and we all just move along and keep watching his videos, he's going to use the "they banned me for being different and right."

Again, very unfortunate as I liked his content. However, when you get something this simple so wrong and quadruple down, as well as invite the eyes of actual mathematicians who skull drag your videos and logic.....I personally will either have to completely forget his past material or test it myself. As he's completely ruined his credibility with this over a week long tantrum.

He has the results/trophies to prove he can make great ammo and shoot BR well. However, its looking more and more like this is in spite of his perceived knowledge and not because of it.
Pride goeth before a fall.

That is the problem with continuing to defend an indefensible position.

I am sometimes wrong but it only happens on days that end in the letter 'y'. However, I do spend active time thinking about it instead of just reacting to the inevitable roast. And then admit when I was wrong and let it go. Because I can and have made some stupid mistakes. Ones that I look back on and go, "man, what were thinking? That's just it, I was not thinking."

I agree, watching the shots and data was fun. But when you make statements, whether definitive or generalized, that is where you can go wrong. Again, that only happens to me on days that end in the letter 'y'.

We should try and learn from others who have more experience and expertise. That is why Doc's CV is not important, his understanding and statements on the subject are.

I have learned things about guns and other topics from guys who are half my age and could have been my son. I have a birthday in a few months and I never learned how to act "old."

So, I won't. I might have a hitch in my git-along but I will continue to be the young asshole who learned something new today.

I have yet to meet a non liberal/crazy psychologist. Every single one was a mental midget.

Almost as if the profession draws them in.

What job can I do that does not require a lot of medical training or license, does not involve a shovel? In fact, so I can sit on my keister and get paid lots of money to listen to people whine about stupid stuff?

that ain't no shit, neither. every fucking one i ever met belonged in the asylum, as a patient. scary stuff. serial type stuff.

Reactions: Yasherka

That was nothing but an act of kindness and a mercy killing. When the thread starts to spill into reality it's a good time to end it. As per usual, the thinnest skinned, most humorless, and most self-important narcissists have the largest internet footprints and the lowest opsec. This isn't really "Social Media". They can't read a map, so they just choose the first hill they see as the one to die on.
hill.jpg
Epilog:
In the end, this was about an extremely esoteric point of statistical analysis that will only appeal to a very small segment of shooters. His threads could have been a boring debate (and a learning experience for those who are really interested and care), but clearly that debate was not what this was about for the self-proclaimed king of snipers. Just based on his handle; if you made a two-dollar bet to win the payout was $2.06...