• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

great iPhone item

ss10ring

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2005
St Augustine, FL
For all of us on run an iPhone for our Ballistic software. I just found this case and ordered one. I have a friend that uses it. It's thinner and smaller than an otter box defender I used to use but full waterproof to 6ft.
http://www.lifeproof.com/

Re: great iPhone item

while at it download Zombie gunship to yer iphone, best 99 cents i ever spent

Badass cover. Way better than an Otterbox and I used to think the OB was all that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while at it download Zombie gunship to yer iphone, best 99 cents i ever spent </div></div>

Got Zombie Gunship for my iPad its a blast to play.

I just started playing Zombie Gunship too, makes for excellent entertainment while I'm sitting on the shitter.

Anyone notice the 'pre order now 'on the website? Says release date of 2/2011, looks promising, check out the Magellan case that is waterproof and has a built in battery with a gps upgrade-cost more though.

Damn!!! I wish they made one for android phones.. I'd love one for my atrix. but that'll probably never work because of the fingerprint scanner. badass never the less!

maybe I'll get the ipad one. wanted something very protective for military work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while at it download Zombie gunship to yer iphone, best 99 cents i ever spent</div></div>

F-ing civilians keep getting in the way of my 105mm.....

Guys that ordered one, be sure to post a review. I does look like the ideal case. I find the Defender too bulky so I went with the Commuter but the plastic broke in two different spot on two different occasion while in my pocket! I just a rubber case for now but I'm looking for something better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while at it download Zombie gunship to yer iphone, best 99 cents i ever spent</div></div>

F-ing civilians keep getting in the way of my 105mm..... </div></div>

They need to run faster or learn to duck. If they are caught by a zombie, I don't try to save them.

I just leave the civies surrounded by zombies alone...the zombies will kill them and then lay waste to the civie free crowd...

How the hell do you deploy the bomb buddies?

Bomb buddies? Isn't that the one that self deploys at the entrance if zombies get near it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just leave the civies surrounded by zombies alone...the zombies will kill them and then lay waste to the civie free crowd...

How the hell do you deploy the bomb buddies?</div></div>

They're automatic, and only deploy once per engagement as far as I can tell. No need to spend a ton of points stockpiling them. 40mm upgrades are probably your best bet IMO. You're right, you can't save everyone; the danger close engagements just aren't worth it in the long run. You have to use your allotment of civilian kills wisely. Take the big zombies before they get close to the bunker whenever you can. They really clog things up otherwise. If you're stuck using your minigun on them close to the entrance sometimes you just have to punch the 105 when they fall and hope that there's no civilians in the vicinity when you take out the massed hordes.

Whatever you do, don't download Army of Darkness Defense
whistle.gif
!

I wish these cases were available for the 3G.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im also addicted to Zombie Gun Ship </div></div>

Yea I'm guilty of that too.

highest kill streak is 1233. The 25mm saves your ass a lot and kills those big gorilla dudes pretty quick if you have it upgraded.

great i phone app from winchester for ballistic calculator

second is mildot calculator. just input target size with slide ruler and number of dots; automatic yard/meter total

I also like BulletDrop and Sniper...ilDot- it won't show me the whole name of the ap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im also addicted to Zombie Gun Ship </div></div>

highest kill streak is 1233. The 25mm saves your ass a lot and kills those big gorilla dudes pretty quick if you have it upgraded.</div></div> Yeah, but the narrow field of view sucks. I've gotten 822 with no good guys.

"You're doing more harm than good. Return to base" If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fusiachi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im also addicted to Zombie Gun Ship </div></div>

highest kill streak is 1233. The 25mm saves your ass a lot and kills those big gorilla dudes pretty quick if you have it upgraded.</div></div> Yeah, but the narrow field of view sucks. I've gotten 822 with no good guys. </div></div>

Yea the FOV sucks on the 25 but you can definitely hold off the hoard by giving short bursts. If your cooling is maxed out it won't overheat if you burp it.

If you can do 822 with no friendly's killed then you can definitely do 1000+ kills... Just let the zombies kill the civilians haha.

They first told me 2-3 weeks before it would be shipped. I just got an email saying it is being processed. It should be here shortly. I will post pics and a short review when I get it.

We were back ordered before this thread even started and haven't head anything yet. I'll be interested to see who gets there's first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The USPS conformation says it will be here Tuesday.</div></div>

Keep us updated, I'm ready to ditch my thick and sticky Otterbox!!

I just ordered an OtterBox for my new verizon 4 off fleabay for $20 inc shipping. I'll deal with a little extra bulk.

The lifeproof looks awesome though!

Thanks for the tip on Zombie Gunship....beat the piss outta angry birds and I just played the tutorial!!!

Damn you guys and your Zombie Gunship recommendation!!! This game is GREAT, but I'll not be getting any work done today (or tomorrow, or...)!!
wink.gif

Seriously...thanks for the heads up on the game and for the continued info on this new case offering. Looking forward to a 1st hand report.

Well, it looks like it will be here tomorrow.. WOO HOO!!!!!!! I cannot wait. I will post pics, and a review. I will be doing a waterproof test with the case first. I am going to drop it into my deep end of the pool to check the waterproof of just the case. That will be to 9' deep. It says 6' on there website.

So stay tuned.

So it arrived today. After doing a quick test before having to run out to pool league. I did the waterproof test in a bowl of water for 15 min. I dried the case off, opened it up and was suprised that the inside was dry. I put the phone in the case. Was suprised of how tight of fit it is inside. I dont think it will be as shock proof as the defender otter box, but I did drop it from head high on to ceramic tile with the phone inside, Did not even break open the case. I will be doing the good water test tomorrow after work. I will get the trunks on and do some underwater video. I will be sure to post the video for you all. My phone to test for you all. Wow, what a guy....LOL

The only downfall is the person on the other end. It is hard for them to hear you. You can hear ok if you hold the phone just right. As far as them hearing you, open the end where the charger goes and they hear you alot better. Or use your bluetooth. I hope I didn't forget anything.

Here is a few pics. Feel free to ask any questions.
1313467923.jpg

1313467944.jpg

1313467957.jpg

I will take some pictures with my wifes phone with my phone in the case.

Also I think you all will be happy to know, I recieved an email from lifeproof about a group buy. They are not set up just yet, but they will work on it for us. And, they are having there design team design cases for the other smart phones and the droid. So the Iphone will not be the only phone to be waterproofed. They said to keep watching there web site for other items.

I have had a life proof case for less than a month and it has already failed "hole in grey rubber gasket".
photo%252520%2525281%252529.JPG
I am a commercial Electrician and my phones do get pretty beat up, but for $80.00 I would expect more. I have no idea how the rubber gasket broke??? I keep my phone in a separate pocket with nothing else. I did call the customer service number on Friday 8/12/2011 still waiting for a reply back will let you all know how it turns out.