• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Great time to buy, or terrible time to buy?

UpSideDown

↑ → ↓
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2019
It's November of the election year. Did everyone and their grandmother just apply for Form 4 stuff, or did the market just fall through the floor, or is it business as usual?

Buy buy buy! Always and whenever financially possible. Sometimes even when it’s not financially plausible... And assuming you are paying normal or below normal prices. However, never buy things at the inflated prices no matter the temptation.

Yea, just don't order from silencershop. I am still waiting for them to ship my RC2 when they said it would be in stock.....its been multiple months at this point.

Yea, just don't order from silencershop. I am still waiting for them to ship my RC2 when they said it would be in stock.....its been multiple months at this point.
I'll just un-place that order from a few days ago...

I want to grab a Recce5 from them, they're saying 6-7 weeks from backorder until they get it.

I want to grab a Recce5 from them, they're saying 6-7 weeks from backorder until they get it.
I think it is more surefires fault vs. theirs but it is still annoying. I was told surefire was focusing on lights so I am guessing that is the reason. Their other suppressors may come into stock on time who knows...crazy times we live in.

I think it is more surefires fault vs. theirs but it is still annoying. I was told surefire was focusing on lights so I am guessing that is the reason. Their other suppressors may come into stock on time who knows...crazy times we live in.
Yeah I only bought stuff in stock. The Surefires are cool, they only have the Mini2 in stock.

Buy it now if you can.
Waiting to purchase it because your form 4 might take a little longer right now is self defeating.

Recieved on May 19th.... still waiting.... longest wait ever!

I would be making some phone calls or doing some canceling, if possible. I ordered my can through the Silencer Shop. Paid on 2/28. was notified the check was cashed 3/22, and the date on my stamp is 8/11/20. Six months, start to delivery.

Great time to buy, or terrible time to buy?

Obviously, you are late to the party... There may not be another party...

You should be a buyer ASAP.

Hobo

Recce 5 is a good choice. There are fancier cans out there, but the Recce 5 is very tough and has great sound.

I think that Capital Armory has them in stock. If you're LEO or MIL then get in the program GA has for that and order from them. Discount is pretty solid.

Recce 5 is a good choice. There are fancier cans out there, but the Recce 5 is very tough and has great sound.

I think that Capital Armory has them in stock. If you're LEO or MIL then get in the program GA has for that and order from them. Discount is pretty solid.
If only discounts apply to ex-Firefighters.

As a recce 5 owner, it’s the suppressor with the most back pressure I own. Compact, durable and sounds good. I have my SiCo Saker 556k on my 11.5” SBR replacing the recce 5. On 16” and longer barrels the recce 5 is much better in my opinion.

As a recce 5 owner, it’s the suppressor with the most back pressure I own. Compact, durable and sounds good. I have my SiCo Saker 556k on my 11.5” SBR replacing the recce 5. On 16” and longer barrels the recce 5 is much better in my opinion.
It's going on an 11.5" and a 16 or 18". I wanted to stick with the same mounts. I could toss a Surefire Mini2 or another Recce7 on there but the Recce5 seemed like a good fit. I was going to try a Superlative Arms gas block on it.

It's going on an 11.5" and a 16 or 18". I wanted to stick with the same mounts. I could toss a Surefire Mini2 or another Recce7 on there but the Recce5 seemed like a good fit. I was going to try a Superlative Arms gas block on it.

Adjustable gas block will definitely smooth it out. I just don’t use adjustable gas blocks and tune the rifle with buffer weights instead.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers

Not really the fault of SIlencerShop. Surefire isn't pushing them out right now so everything is backing up even more than it was. I too had a SOCOM556-RC2 on backorder for 60+ days before I canceled it. Hopefully, I can pick one up later but I already purchased a few this year so I wasn't really needing it.

Not really the fault of SIlencerShop. Surefire isn't pushing them out right now so everything is backing up even more than it was. I too had a SOCOM556-RC2 on backorder for 60+ days before I canceled it. Hopefully, I can pick one up later but I already purchased a few this year so I wasn't really needing it.
Correct but it is their fault in that they told me they were about to get those in within the next few weeks which led me to place the order.

If you cancel your backorder do you get your money back for the stamp and the suppressor or just the suppressor? I'm assuming both since the stamp hasn't been processed.

Correct but it is their fault in that they told me they were about to get those in within the next few weeks which led me to place the order.

If you cancel your backorder do you get your money back for the stamp and the suppressor or just the suppressor? I'm assuming both since the stamp hasn't been processed.

Ah. That part I didn't know. They'll refund whatever you paid for it though as long as the Form 4 isn't submitted which cannot happen until they have the can and it is in your LGS hands.

Reactions: AngryKoala
Silencershop has great customer service IME. They’ll refund you the stamp and can.

Horrible time, but only because stuff is hard to find and the wait may be longer.

Go get a couple/dozen.