• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grendels

blackfoot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Alaska
Been lurking for a while a learning. Got my Grendels set up and got a load dialed in. Top is a Les Baer upper, Surplus Arms lower, ACS stock, Miad grip, Larue sling, YHM risers, Leupold QR rings, an Vortex Viper PST 1-4. Shoots Factory Amax 123 in one hole, and handloaded 120 Norma FMJ almost as well.

Bottom is a Les Baer Supermatch .264LBC. The Vortex Viper PST 6-24 MOA sits in a Larue LT112 20MOA mount, and it has a Versapod short bipod with skis. Getting 1 hole at 100 under 1/4", second group is at 200 and measures .321", and the 2.2" group is at 500. This is with 123 Lapua Scenars at 2626fps.

3ceb96d2.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

97e8a3ed.jpg

5f61565f.jpg

Re: Grendels

Sweet shooting! This sudden influx of Grendel posts is causing me to question my new build's caliber choice. Know a good source for a Grendel barrel?

2.2" at 500, can't beat that with a stick. Nice rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaos_23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet shooting! This sudden influx of Grendel posts is causing me to question my new build's caliber choice. Know a good source for a Grendel barrel? </div></div>

Harrison at AR15Performance has a few melonited .264 pipes in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaos_23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet shooting! This sudden influx of Grendel posts is causing me to question my new build's caliber choice. Know a good source for a Grendel barrel? </div></div>

Bob Reynolds at Templar Consulting can hook you up with a cut rifle Bartlein. He's building me one. Templar's website

Thanks for the leads! I'll check them out, since I haven't bought a barrel/bolt yet, the caliber is still up in the air.

And again to the OP, nice shooting!

Thanks. I'm going to take her out to 800 and beyond soon. Love this Grendel, but I still am still having GAP Crusader .260 envy.

very nice pair of grendels, I had three and now have one left cause my 260 is getting all my attention these days.

Very nice!

I built one with a 18" LW barrel, Geissele DMR, Troy Alpha Rail and ACS stock. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more popular.

Great looking grendels and very nice shooting! I think they are hard to beat in a ar-15 platform. They shoot hard.

100MEDIAIMAG0204.jpg

Also have one in the works with Bob Reynolds at Templar. Couple of weeks out, from what I'm told last week. Patience is a hard pill to swallow, but have two other Grendels to keep me busy til then.

Any thoughts on blackhole weaponry barrels for a Grendel build?