• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Silencers

TAMU20

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2017
Centennial, Colorado
What do you guys think of/ heard of about griffin silencers? I heard from someone that they are not the greatest; this came to a shock to me as I thought that they were great silencers. Thanks for the input.

I own 6 Griffin Armament... 2x Recce 7, a Spartan 3, an M4SDK2, a Revolution 9, and a Checkmate QD. They are all well built, and very durable. The Rercce 7 are workhorses and have great tone on my 308 gas guns as well as making my 20" Colt HBAR sound like a 22. I like the Revolution 9 in the K configuration because it doesn't give up much in the db reduction, and it feels much better on the pistol and on my 9mm AR. The M4SDK is built like a tank and looks awesome with all the dimples in it, plus it sounds great. The Spartan 3 is perfect on my SBR's, I think it will stay on my LWRC 10.5". I run it fairly hard, and it is great. it's direct thread and only 12.5 ounces. The Checkmate QD has the 3 lug adapter, and for a 22 can, it's very solid!
My dad has a Recce 7 and a Reece 5, and the 5 sounds great. I'm thinking about their 338 can, because I like the Recce 7 so much, and it's like $800 less than the TB, though I'll prolly want the TB as well.

I also own Dead Air Sandman-s and mask, SiCo Omega and Hybrid, Gemtech Outback 2D, Surefire Socom RC2, and hopefully any day now Sig SRD 556 direct thread, and Surefire SPS300.

I would put my Griffin Armament cans up against any of the others, I'm very happy with them. I would say the only one I'm not super happy with is the Gemtech Outback 2D because it's noticeably louder than the DA Mask, but the Mask kicks butt.
I think very highly of them, and will buy more GA cans when I can
I would say suppressors had me at hello, and I was completely hooked after the first shot out of a 308.

Did you have a specific question? or thinking about a specific can?

Scott

I own 4 and because of what my friends saw/heard with mine they bought a few. Pretty sure i am responsible for about a dozen leaving their factory.
i have had no performance issues. I think you should make your friend quantify his reason for saying that.

I have Checkmate #43, circa 2008 and RSTA #0007 (on an SR25 EMR),circa 2015. Both very good cans. I changed the Checkmate to direct thread last year. My only issue is that over the last 9 years the monocore on it buckled a little in the rear causing some dissambly issues and the front endcap is very difficult to take off when dirty as it is very low profile. Otherwise I'm very pleased with GA products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard nothing but good things about them, plus they have a $200 rebate going now so it's a good time to buy.

Id get one but I'm invested in Rugged cans and mounts, I'm about to add a Thunderbeast to the stable primarily because of weight savings.