• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grip-n-Pull bullet puller?

Sendit6.5

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2009
Sabinal, TX
www.brushyhill.com
I'm thinking about getting one to replace an inertia hammer style one I hate. Does anyone know if it'll pull bullets with .003-.004 neck tension? It says it's for bullets held with "light tension." Just checking that it'll pull handloads - even with a little extra tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will. I use the Hornady collet bullet puller.

Takes a bit of experience to develop a good pull without scratching or marking bullets too bad.

Depending on inside of your neck it'll either leave a fresh polish after pulling or scratch it up. Either way mostly
cosmetic I believe

It will. The hornady one with collets is adjustable for grip strength. If you grip too hard it will leave little lines in the pulled bullet.

I used to use a kinetic puller, but finally got the Hornady Collet puller. It is a whole different league.

I saw an add for that grip and pull you are talking about. It kinda looks like a big pair of pliers that are stuck closed, that you use with your press. Not quite the same as a collet pullet, but similar idea. They sell a couple sizes, and each one covers quite a few similar bullet sizes.

I think they are about 40 bucks. Interested as well!

I promise the link is for a bullet puller... You know, reloading stuff. lol

​​​​​​http://grip-n-pull.com/

I too have the Hornady collet puller. A couple years ago I was given 800 .223 reloads from a guy who's dad reloaded them. Only problem was, he forgot to resize the brass. He didn't feel like pulling them apart and rebuilding them. So he gave them to me. I started out with an inertial puller and I quickly learned that was NOT gonna work. I bought the Hornady puller and in a matter of a 3-4 hours, I had the bullets pulled, seperated and decapped. I wouldn't have done it any other way. I now have 900 crappy Egyptian 9mm rounds out there that I got CHEAP, because half of them are "duds" according to the guy I got them from. I'm going to go out this weekend, disassemble them, polish the brass and bullets, resize and reload them. Again, no way I could do it without the Hornady puller.

Have I ever used the grip and pull Bullet puller? No. but I can't imagine it's any easier than the Hornady puller.

The grip puller works fantastic for me. I cant say I would be happy pulling apart 50+ of my handloads but I have never had to do that many. It works perfect and simple.

Throw that plastic hammer into the back of the drawer and get a collet puller. Once you've pulled your tip you can pour your powder right out of the case, you don't have to separate the powder from the tip. Much easier and less mess.

I'll revive this one.

How does the Grip-n-pull compare to the collet pullers? I need to pull a bunch of .30 caliber hunting bullets, and my stupid plastic hammer thing won't cut it. The grip-n-pull has a pretty steep price for what it is, but if it works as well as the collet pullers, I'll consider it.

What's the better bullet puller, the RCBS collet puller or the grip-n-pull special plier puller?