• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grip Strength?

D.A.T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
Anyone out there using Ironmind Captains of Crush or Zenith Grippers? Grip Master?

How long what level are you at?

I have been doing it for 3 months now and have gotten to closing a #2 with right hand and #1.5 left hand

2.5 both hands and a 3 in one but just a little I can't close. I mean I don't get the click, but I'm close.

grip strength is really not focused on enough

bench

Yep I am not a fitness dude and can smoke 90% out there on grip strength. Really pisses off big dudes that are ripped when they can't keep up with me. I do Jiu Jitsu and idpa and grip strength is huge in those.

I am 5', 11" and weigh 172lbs. It's been 4 weeks since I started training with the CoC grippers. I am about 1/8thMOA from closing the #2 CoC gripper. :D I hope to close it soon. :)

I've been using them off and on for about a year. I work out with the 1 on my left and the 1.5 on my right. I can close the 2 just a couple of times with my right hand and the 1.5 with my left. We do a lot of pistol shooting, so I bought them all for the family, Sport through #2. I think they are useful.

Last edited:
FWIW there are 2 kinds of grip strength, always overlooked, static (which i am very good at) and dynamic/contracting/etc. I know several people with insane crushing grips but holding on to a deadlift bar I win. A tool for each job imo.

Ironmind has their Silver Bullet Challange, I think this would fall under what you speak of Geranimo

Reminds me of my Dad, was maybe 5'9", 150 pounds, but the work w hand tools all his life (he was the best plumber in PA), he could crush it, my best friend played football and wrestled heavyweight for Penn State, was a legitimate 500+ pound bench, my Dad could make him beg, was hilarious. Miss him.

#2 Right hand 5 reps, #2 Left hand 3 (sometimes 3rd rep doesn't touch). I haven't bought the #2.5 or the #3.

I train for overall strength but focus on grip strength also. I am a cert'd on the #3, have closed a BBE, BBSE, #4, lifted a blob, 3-25's, 2-45's, 6-10's and some other things.

The GripBoard is a great place to visit if you aren't a member there. The MashMonster grippers are there as well, it's a good certification process to go through.

I have trained grip for sometime along with over all strength. I am cert'd on the #3 and have closed other bigger grippers.

Sledge hammer levers will really work your crushing grip and wrists hard, weak wrists will really limit grip strength.

Last edited:
As a married man I feel it's important to have a firm grip on my man to hand relationship:) I bought a grip rated at 150lbs about 2 years ago in an effort to develop trigger control as well as general hand strength. It was what they advised to start with. Some very sharp knurling on this thing took some time to get used to it. Usually do 5 sets of 10 for each hand while driving couple times a week. Was also wanting to get a grip strong enough to crush the neck of any boyfriend my daughter brings home.

Doug