• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Groupon no longer supports 2nd Amendment

cmh2007

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Katy TX
I found out groupon is no longer offering anything involving guns, they will honor existing adds that have bought, but will no longer offer them. I wrote this to them with this letter,

To whom it may concern,
I just found that Groupon has suspended all gun related deals in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting. As a law abiding pro Second Amendment gun owner I am greatly hurt. I feel as if I am being punished for the actions of just one deranged individual. I am not currently a Groupon user, but was considering using it for several deals in the future. The current actions of Groupon to discriminate against legal gun owners in this country has made up my mind to never use Groupon for any purpose what so ever. I will gladly take my business elsewhere and spend a little bit more money if it means that I can deal with somebody that accepts my beliefs and rights. It appalls me that you have to placate to the minority that has an irrational fear of guns just to keep business. Thank you for your time,

this is the letter that i received back

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback and take these inquiries seriously.
Gun-related deals, including shooting ranges, conceal-and-carry, and clay shooting, are on hiatus as we review our internal policies for the types of deals that we feature. Groupon has always aimed to offer deals driven by local consumer preference and request; at this time, enough consumers have asked us to eliminate the category that we believe a review is warranted. A decision has not yet been made.
Please note that all existing purchases for gun-related Groupons are still valid and deals that were previously offered are not being canceled.
If you'd still like to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking "Unsubscribe from all Groupon emails" in your account at www.groupon.com/subscription_center, or the "unsubscribe with one click" link at the bottom of our daily emails.
Thank you again for contacting us and please let me know if I can do anything else to help.
Regards,
Brittany H
Groupon Customer Support

to which i have started a campaign against them. I have posted on facebook, and 3 other forums to inform everybody that i know what they have done. Please cancel your accounts as Groupon does not believe that you should have the right to self protection, or to protection from a tyrannical government. pass it on to your friends.

Re: Groupon no longer supports 2nd Amendment

This is the letter that my buddy sent to them:

"It is my understanding that Groupon has put several gun-related deals on a hiatus while you review your internal policies. As a customer of Groupon, I would like to ask that you continue to offer your services to the gun-related industry.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Second Amendment right. Not only is this part of our constitution, but this is part of the "Bill of Rights" that our country was founded on.

The deals that I have seen on your sight for clay shooting, concealed carry permit classes, and shooting ranges not only help those businesses advertise, and reach a much larger customer base, but also give responsible gun owner greater opportunity to give additional focus to the safety aspects of gun ownership.

I am sure that you have received several comments against the gun industry, but please count this as a comment not only for bringing back and continuing to support gun related businesses, but also free commerce in general.

Regards,
M V"

Re: Groupon no longer supports 2nd Amendment

So i talked to several of my friends this weekend, and they all dropped Groupon for the same reasons. They all sent groupon a letter, and groupon was indifferent