• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GRS Tikka T3 stocks at tikkaperformance.com

I have seen these stocks. They are very solid but a bit awkward, for me. The person who owned the gun loved it.
I like the manners T4 Tikka but it is more expensive once you add in the adj cheek and CDI DBM.

I got one for a T3 Lite .308 that I use for hunting. It works well, is fairly light, balances nicely, and is easy to fit to different shooters. It weighs a little more than the plastic stock that came with the rifle. All in with a NF 2.5-10X32, it weighs 9.75 lbs. Adjustable LOP and cheek riser built in is a big plus. Also, the laminate makes for simple and solid installation of QD sling mounts. I did put in a steel recoil lug , and have pillars ready to bed it when I get some time. Entire barrel is now free floating, whereas with the Tikka plastic stock, it is not.

It doesn't shoot any more accurately (cold bore) than the plastic stock, but the adjustable LOP/cheek riser as well as immediate availability made for an easy decision.

The channel for the barrel is plenty big enough for a future upgrade to a larger contour.

JD

I have seen these stocks. They are very solid but a bit awkward, for me. The person who owned the gun loved it.
I like the manners T4 Tikka but it is more expensive once you add in the adj cheek and CDI DBM.

What was awkward about it?