• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision GSCI vs ALPHA optics

VoinSaigon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2020
Any one heard or have experience knowing which one have a better pvs14? Alpha optic offering the same tube with GSCI but like 1-2 grand cheaper.

Never heard of Alpha.

Why not just go with a recognized reseller? Scanning the Alpha website, looks like they’re in Canada? Which means you’re stuck with Photonis. I assume you’re a Canuck too?

Never heard of Alpha.

Why not just go with a recognized reseller? Scanning the Alpha website, looks like they’re in Canada? Which means you’re stuck with Photonis. I assume you’re a Canuck too?
Not a Canuck but I live outside the US like the Canuck haha can't really access to GEN 3

Reactions: TheHorta
Well then... to me, GSCI is a more recognized name. That said, the NON “Omega” PVS-14 housing at Alpha *appears* to be a legit spec housing (difficult to be 100% certain these days with so much Chinesium polluting the market). So, as long as you get a tube spec sheet, it’s hard to mess up a PVS-14 assembly (though some still manage to do it).

I'm a Canuck who just bought into the game and ended up going with a small operation instead because the quality of lenses that are used by GSCI and Alpha are reported to be not so good. Not sure if he ships international. PM me and I can send you his way.

Reactions: TheHorta
Well then... to me, GSCI is a more recognized name. That said, the NON “Omega” PVS-14 housing at Alpha *appears* to be a legit spec housing (difficult to be 100% certain these days with so much Chinesium polluting the market). So, as long as you get a tube spec sheet, it’s hard to mess up a PVS-14 assembly (though some still manage to do it).
Just asked some retailer they said that Alpha and GSCI have no big differences for housing quality and Alpha also manufacture their own tubes.

I'm a Canuck who just bought into the game and ended up going with a small operation instead because the quality of lenses that are used by GSCI and Alpha are reported to be not so good. Not sure if he ships international. PM me and I can send you his way.
How do Canuck like GSCI and Alpha product?

How do Canuck like GSCI and Alpha product?

So I relied heavily on a friend who has far more experience in NV than I do. His belief is that the quality of components, particularly the lenses, that GSCI and Alpha use is inferior to the real deal ITAR controlled ones. There is reportedly better stuff out there but hard to find. He has a buddy that puts together units and scrounges up the parts from various sources. I'm happy with what I got for what I paid, but YMMV. I am aware that I have no warranty and so forth.

I don't have any first hand experience with Alpha or GSCI. If you want to be certain that you are getting as good as you can get non-ITAR, then ActInBlack is likely your safest bet.

So I relied heavily on a friend who has far more experience in NV than I do. His belief is that the quality of components, particularly the lenses, that GSCI and Alpha use is inferior to the real deal ITAR controlled ones. There is reportedly better stuff out there but hard to find. He has a buddy that puts together units and scrounges up the parts from various sources. I'm happy with what I got for what I paid, but YMMV. I am aware that I have no warranty and so forth.

I don't have any first hand experience with Alpha or GSCI. If you want to be certain that you are getting as good as you can get non-ITAR, then ActInBlack is likely your safest bet.
What attract me is that the price for a ACT PVS14 ECHO can almost get a Alpha optic 14 with 4G tube. Although ACT have a better glass and housing but with that price I can get a much better tube. I wonder if optic lens are equal as important as tube for performances.

What attract me is that the price for a ACT PVS14 ECHO can almost get a Alpha optic 14 with 4G tube. Although ACT have a better glass and housing but with that price I can get a much better tube. I wonder if optic lens are equal as important as tube for performances.

Even though they cannot sell to you, I would suspect Victor at TNVC (@Victor-TNVC) might be able to shed some light on the merits of quality glass. Without putting words in his mouth, I recall reading from another forum that poor glass can make end users think their tubes are crap when in fact it is the lenses that are making the image quality suffer. Ideally all the pieces are the best, but being outside the ITAR bubble we have to make compromises.

Even though they cannot sell to you, I would suspect Victor at TNVC (@Victor-TNVC) might be able to shed some light on the merits of quality glass. Without putting words in his mouth, I recall reading from another forum that poor glass can make end users think their tubes are crap when in fact it is the lenses that are making the image quality suffer. Ideally all the pieces are the best, but being outside the ITAR bubble we have to make compromises.
How can I contact him ? That will be very interesting. I guess if I just ask him via email they will just say its ITAR regulated. I just wondering an average glass + ECHO plus or an excellent glass + normal ECHO is better.

How can I contact him ? That will be very interesting. I guess if I just ask him via email they will just say its ITAR regulated. I just wondering an average glass + ECHO plus or an excellent glass + normal ECHO is better.

I was hoping that by tagging him he might chime in. You could message him on this platform.

I’m looking at getting into the night vision game and I was looking at alpha and GSCI, but I noticed your post and I’m interested in getting some better quality/value. If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Looking for some pvs-31’s, preferably gen3 WP.

I’m looking at getting into the night vision game and I was looking at alpha and GSCI, but I noticed your post and I’m interested in getting some better quality/value. If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Looking for some pvs-31’s, preferably gen3 WP.
After so much research, I think Alpha have the best in buck option. Their bino is same manufacture with Flir and AGM. Their glasses are actually better than the Original PVS glasses. Their PVS14 should be No great different between GSCI one. And their price is the lowest amount all other reliable company I can find. What's your budget? I'm looking at their AO 3240 too. Once I saved enough for it I will sell my GSCI 14C for it.

If you want to get into night vision game their AO 3240 is a great great option. PVS-31 is not available outside US even in the US 31 is hard to obtain for civilian. The closest thing to a PVS-31 outside US for civilian is Chinese made Argus vision BNVD1431. But I think AO 3240 is better overall and its cheaper.

Last edited:
After so much research, I think Alpha have the best in buck option. Their bino is same manufacture with Flir and AGM. Their glasses are actually better than the Original PVS glasses. Their PVS14 should be No great different between GSCI one. And their price is the lowest amount all other reliable company I can find. What's your budget? I'm looking at their AO 3240 too. Once I saved enough for it I will sell my GSCI 14C for it.

If you want to get into night vision game their AO 3240 is a great great option. PVS-31 is not available outside US even in the US 31 is hard to obtain for civilian. The closest thing to a PVS-31 outside US for civilian is Chinese made Argus vision BNVD1431. But I think AO 3240 is better overall and its cheaper.

So I’ve got a guy I’m in contact with here that can build a set with the Argus housings and pvs-14 glass with katod gen 3 wp tubes for 11k.
He sent me tube specs and they look pretty good:
Gen 3 Thin Film, White Phosphor, Autogated tubes.

Minimum specs:
Resolution 64 lp/mm
Photocathode Sensitivity: 1800 µA/lm
EBI, max: 0.25 μlx
Signal to Noise: 24

I know Russian specs can be suspect, but he told me that katod has opened a new facility and are manufacturing tubes equivalent to omni 7. He also sent me a link to a comparison with omni 7 in green, and katod With these specs in WP and they look pretty damned good.

I’m pretty new to the game so let me know what you think.

So I’ve got a guy I’m in contact with here that can build a set with the Argus housings and pvs-14 glass with katod gen 3 wp tubes for 11k.
He sent me tube specs and they look pretty good:
Gen 3 Thin Film, White Phosphor, Autogated tubes.

Minimum specs:
Resolution 64 lp/mm
Photocathode Sensitivity: 1800 µA/lm
EBI, max: 0.25 μlx
Signal to Noise: 24

I know Russian specs can be suspect, but he told me that katod has opened a new facility and are manufacturing tubes equivalent to omni 7. He also sent me a link to a comparison with omni 7 in green, and katod With these specs in WP and they look pretty damned good.

I’m pretty new to the game so let me know what you think.
The tube and the housing is solid. I have read many good review for katod tubes. But is 11K in USD or CAD? And where did u get the offer from?

11k cad. Jacob from maple airsoft supply. Says he’s waiting on the import permit for the tubes and then they’ll be assembled and ready to ship. Best price I’ve found so far with those specs.

I dont' live in Canada but I think the price a bit high for the specs. 24 SNR is like a Gen 2+ specs for modern tubes. I could get a 24 SNR harder digital Gen2+ Bino with around 5.5k CAD.

I think u would want F grade tubes (Omni 7) Specs
http://katodnv.com/download/eng/3generation/glass/EPM102G-05-22.pdf

See the Omni contract

Reactions: JDAM
I dont' live in Canada but I think the price a bit high for the specs. 24 SNR is like a Gen 2+ specs for modern tubes. I could get a 24 SNR harder digital Gen2+ Bino with around 5.5k CAD.

I think u would want F grade tubes (Omni 7) Specs
http://katodnv.com/download/eng/3generation/glass/EPM102G-05-22.pdf

See the Omni contract
Yeah I mean I’m no expert, and I’m not really in the game to know what I can and can’t acquire. Are you saying I can’t get harder tubes of better quality for cheaper?

I think you would be better of with the Katod S grade tube. Harder digital are German so you can acquire it just like other Non US tube but they are also more expensive. I thought this review was using a higher specs tube than what Jacob offered https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...i-7-vs-white-Katod-Epm101-S-series/18-507411/ cause this review is comparing a katod tube to a Omni 7 tube. I wouldn't want my Gen3 tube have lower peformance than Omni 7 tube.

Reactions: JDAM