• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Range help

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
Im working with an investment group to open a nice indoor gun range. Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience with companies that design/build the bullet traps and/or backstops for indoor ranges. looking for recomendations on companies to look into, companies to avoid, anything at all of that nature

Thanks for the Input!

Action Target (actiontarget<dot>com) would be a good place to start. They offer design / architectural services, and products (remote control target systems, trap systems, ventilation, etc). AT is what many LE ranges use. Do not "cheap-out", you will regret it later. If you have any LE contacts in Houston, you may find they use AT.

Our local indoor range changed out their traps this summer. The new "traps" are just a slanted wall with some sort of dense rubber chips. It completely changed the way we can use the range bcuz there are no leading edges to worry about when they set up "fun-runs". The material is also able to be mined every so often.

Im working with an investment group to open a nice indoor gun range. Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has experience with companies that design/build the bullet traps and/or backstops for indoor ranges. looking for recomendations on companies to look into, companies to avoid, anything at all of that nature

Thanks for the Input!

your not the one opening the range off of 59 in richmond/rosenberg are you?

Rooster, I'm actually looking in the woodlands currently. Montgomery co. Sheriff is rumored to be MORE than accommodating with law letter, Cleo signatures, and range regs are much less restrictive.

I have contacted/tried to contact AT, and never get a reply. Must be busy guys lol

And KTD, there will be no "cheaping out" lol. I'm looking to build an Athena Gun Club level quality place

Good show on a first class range, and sounds like you are doing just that! When I stated "cheap out", I should have been more specific. Initial investment is incremental compared to the cost of a retrofit. If you think it's a great idea at the time, it probably is.

Best of luck on your endeavor!

Kevin

FWIW, I heard that a new high-end indoor range is scheduled to open in that area early next year. Best of luck in your endeavor!

Houarms, can you point me to some information on them? I am surprised no one has done it yet, but that would obviously be important info