• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun related 3d printer files

Awesome thread. I just bought an Ender 3 this past weekend. Can't wait to start printing gizmo's and gadgets.

Does anyone have something like this to hang guns on the wall, but for a aics mag? Trying to use these instead of slot board in my safe room.
20200803_211258.jpg

Reactions: zk-315
I suck at using cad programs or I'd just make it. I think someone can probably scale these that I printed off thingiverse

Some pretty cool printed things in here. I work for an engineering company and we have quite a few extremely high end printers that I’ve played with quite a bit and have printed quite a few parts for some of those companies shown above.
I haven't made a whole lot of things on the side for myself but did make a bino adapter for my tripod.
38E57421-3B53-436B-9270-89D49936F8B8.jpeg

I suck at using cad programs or I'd just make it. I think someone can probably scale these that I printed off thingiverse

Might make sense to post a photo without the rifle in place, so we can see the actual wall attachment.

Here is a NV rail I designed and printed for my MDT LSS chassis
Used FreeCAD and printed on a Matterhackers Pulse XE with Ryno filament.

Attachments

• F02A6B20-2690-496B-9786-9757F47AF2D3.jpeg
    F02A6B20-2690-496B-9786-9757F47AF2D3.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 97
  • 3F436015-7D9C-472B-9D36-4631762698F3.jpeg
    3F436015-7D9C-472B-9D36-4631762698F3.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 4571CEB8-409C-4000-AF18-2EF1AEA3110D.jpeg
    4571CEB8-409C-4000-AF18-2EF1AEA3110D.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 0CEA513B-9875-4140-9A9B-4B87A6DBAD4A.jpeg
    0CEA513B-9875-4140-9A9B-4B87A6DBAD4A.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 131
Here is a NV rail I designed and printed for my MDT LSS chassis
Used FreeCAD and printed on a Matterhackers Pulse XE with Ryno filament.
Nicely done, man. I need to do something similar for my ACC chassis.

I’d appreciate that. Don’t know if it’d work on the ACC, but it’s worth a try.

Does anyone have something like this to hang guns on the wall, but for a aics mag? Trying to use these instead of slot board in my safe room. View attachment 7403935

Have you checked Thingiverse and Yeggi? They have these all over the place.
Are you looking for the actual wall mount or the file?

I've been working on doing a FGC-9. It's pretty fun working on it.

Yeah, thingiverse is where i got the file for the ar15 wall mount. Im going to try and design a new one for aics pattern mags to hang my bolt guns up with.

Yeah, thingiverse is where i got the file for the ar15 wall mount. Im going to try and design a new one for aics pattern mags to hang my bolt guns up with.

Send me a link to the AR 15 one, please

I used this one on my seekins ar15. The other one wasnt long enough

My personal favorite is the Prusa Printer and Fusion 360 software, along with the prusa slicer.
Dose your prusa slicer fail pretty consistent? Mine will start to slice then just close the entire application across 2 different machines.

No, I have been really happy with it, there is a recent update available, I just haven't taken the time to update because its all working nicely at this point, dont want to screw with that. I run it on a Dell desk top unit that is about 2 years old.
Hm maybe I'll have to find a older version to try. Iv been happy with Cura but wanted to try other support options for things.

I have only used it with a Prusa printer, I don't know the reliability of the slicer when it comes to other brand printer units. Where are you getting your models, you creating them or getting them elsewhere?
Mines just across computers without even choosing a printer it's strange. I make them from scratch 90% of the time or will grab a GoPro base model and build what I need off it. Grips, couplers, Glock bodies, Glock mags, 10/22 receiver, I got bunches.

I have both, a resin printer and a filament printer. Many of these parts being discussed would be better served if they were made by the resin type of printer.

YMMV

I just put the file on thingiverse for a mag loader I designed. It works with 223-magnum short action cartridges in AICS type mags. I use them for AICS, MDT, Accurate mag etc mags. It works with mags with 6BR type kits in them as well. The hole for a string loop is pretty handy and makes it harder to lose. I've tried a heap of different designs and this is the best I've used so far.

1601038154307.png

It prints well without any raft or supports, I do them 6 at a time and just let it run overnight.

Download it here: Mag loader on thingiverse.

I've sketched and 3d printed countless little widgets over the last few years.

My 3 handle/spout powder weigh pans and Wicked Edge stone mounts are among the most frequently used.

My homemade sharpener uses Wicked edge stones, and they are stupid expensive. I have "a guy", that gets me unmounted 6x1x.25" Shapton Kuromaku stones at a great price. I epoxy them to the 3d printed mounts.

As is apparent by the stone mount, I'm having a little trouble keeping the colors from bleeding over in my dual extruder prints.

I'm hoping it's just the wood filament. Gonna try some regular PLA today.

Last edited:
Reactions: pfl338
I'll post a better pic of the snap on paddle mag release when I get home this evening, it works really well, i didn't realize how much easier it is to release the mag from prone vs the regular release,it will support the entire weight of the rifle hanging from it without coming off, now that's assuming that AI's quality control is consistent with the size of the mag release and the 2mm serrations on the mag release from rifle to rifle.
Thanks! I'm interested in it as I feel the AT mag release is hard to get to

New to the site. Anyone make reloading stuff on there 3d printers? I have a Presa knock off that works great. Been looking for a primer catcher for Rcbs partner press and my old Lyman Spar-T press.

Been debating buying a printer for awhile, a bunch of throw lever and other accessories planned to print.

I use a Markforge at work. It’s expensive, but if I thought whatever I was printing could sell, that’s the way I’d go.

A few little known CAD deals: all of the big names have ways of getting their software either cheap or free. I hate Fusion360. It’s unintuitive. I got Solidworks student for $20 with a military discount. You can get it super cheap as a “I’m a business that doesn’t make money” thing. It’s not well advertised. Same with Autodesk Inventor: I get my copy for free for being a FIRST robotics mentor. I love both programs, and was using HSM (inventor cam now...) as my sole CAM until CAMworks (Solidworks cam now...) got their post straightened out for Fanuc. Inventor is my favorite; there’s way more info out there on how to use it than it’s counter parts.

I’ve made handles for 1mm Allen keys, handles for hex nuts I wouldn’t otherwise bother making, magazine followers, fixtures for holding parts at oddball angles in a Bridgeport, and plenty of other junk that never worked but were neat ideas.

I use a Markforge at work. It’s expensive, but if I thought whatever I was printing could sell, that’s the way I’d go.

A few little known CAD deals: all of the big names have ways of getting their software either cheap or free. I hate Fusion360. It’s unintuitive. I got Solidworks student for $20 with a military discount. You can get it super cheap as a “I’m a business that doesn’t make money” thing. It’s not well advertised. Same with Autodesk Inventor: I get my copy for free for being a FIRST robotics mentor. I love both programs, and was using HSM (inventor cam now...) as my sole CAM until CAMworks (Solidworks cam now...) got their post straightened out for Fanuc. Inventor is my favorite; there’s way more info out there on how to use it than it’s counter parts.

I’ve made handles for 1mm Allen keys, handles for hex nuts I wouldn’t otherwise bother making, magazine followers, fixtures for holding parts at oddball angles in a Bridgeport, and plenty of other junk that never worked but were neat ideas.

I started using Fusion 360 because it was "free" and you could find a ton of videos online for every conceivable issue you might have. The CAM post processor for Fanuc required me to change how the program lines were numbered, but other than that it is flawless. For making .stl files it's painless too. I wish you could go in and do a bit more cleaning of the file as far as triangle overlap is concerned, but it's not Magics. If I could get a deal on Solidworks for a non profit or student version I'd probably switch to that now that Fusion is charging like $600 a year for their full suite. Which is still a deal but some people seem butt hurt about it, and the cloud base format is troubling.

Not only have they changed the terms and limited the features after hooking up the folks on a freebee , Fusion 360 is far from intuitive, played with it a bunch but its simply not intuitive in terms of the user interface.

Not only have they changed the terms and limited the features after hooking up the folks on a freebee , Fusion 360 is far from intuitive, played with it a bunch but its simply not intuitive in terms of the user interface.

I'm not familiar with the solidworks product. I just liked Fusion because it was all-in-one. I could design, machine, bend sheet metal and do .stl files all in one. I would assume the others are comparable.

Some of the useful stuff I’ve done with my 3D printer or other DIY:

Pelican 1040 .22 LR ammo insert for Lapua/SK/Wolf racks
View attachment 7328874

Modified Amazon arca clamp to a 2-bolt attachment
View attachment 7328876

Ruger BX-1 2 magazine + 200 rds.22 LR Pelican 1060 insert
View attachment 7328885
View attachment 7328886

Vudoo magazine flag block with Logo
View attachment 7328889

MDT ACC bag rider
View attachment 7328891
View attachment 7328892

Vudoo Mag extension
View attachment 7328895

Tikka T1x Extended Mag release
View attachment 7328903

100 rd. .22 LR ammo insert for Agency Arms barrel case
View attachment 7328905

Athlon Ares BTR Parallax Knob Wheel
View attachment 7328914
View attachment 7328915View attachment 7328920

CZ 455/457 +3 mag extension
View attachment 7328916View attachment 7328917

MDT ACC/Tikka T1x Mag Sleeve
View attachment 7328918View attachment 7328919
Would you be willing to share these files. Mainly the Vudoo and 22lr files.

Some pretty cool printed things in here. I work for an engineering company and we have quite a few extremely high end printers that I’ve played with quite a bit and have printed quite a few parts for some of those companies shown above.
I haven't made a whole lot of things on the side for myself but did make a bino adapter for my tripod.
View attachment 7404337
I am looking to make an arca rail for my precision reflex handguard....do you have the back to this saved anywhere?

I have both, a resin printer and a filament printer. Many of these parts being discussed would be better served if they were made by the resin type of printer.

YMMV
Although SLA printers produce great quality, the resin tends to be brittle and not very strong, so I fail to see how SLA is a better option over FDM, especially with the wide availability of filaments available.

Although SLA printers produce great quality, the resin tends to be brittle and not very strong, so I fail to see how SLA is a better option over FDM, especially with the wide availability of filaments available.

Have you investigated the new resins that are coming out today. The brittleness is a thing of the past.

Reactions: WolfThorn